Hull Away Train To London F**KED UP

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gunnerbrad

Hull Away Train To London F**KED UP

Post by gunnerbrad »

Bought my train tickets from Hull to London thinking it was a 3 oclock kick off so we would get back to London around around 8/9 oclock. After recieving information about it being changed to 5.30 i was pissed off but thought it would be ok to change my tickets. I now have to get to Doncaster for 8.48 knowing it takes an hour to get from Hull to Doncaster so would have to leave Hull station at 7.45. With the game finishing at 7.30 and the walk and queing at the station i dont think there is a chance we will make it. Any other Gooners having this problem, anyone found a way to get home from Doncaster before the underground closes

:barscarf:

Cheers

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I have match tickets and no transport at the mo
so any tips appreciated

rtpgooner

Post by rtpgooner »

I am doing the same thing and going to doncaster. There is 9 of us going and we are arranging for a mini bus to be waiting for us after the game so we can head straight to doncaser for the 20.48.

Although the journey from hull to doncaster takes an hour and would be expensive in a taxi if there is a few of you going splitting the fare wont be to bad.

I think your best bet will be to try and have a look and get hold of a taxi company in hull and arrange to pick you straight up after.

Hope this helps

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

highburyJD wrote:I have match tickets and no transport at the mo
so any tips appreciated
book transport. unless you intend to walk or swim. you don't have to pay for that.

gunnerbrad

Post by gunnerbrad »

Cheers Mate

U got any idea how much it would be for taxi 5 of us going so that could be a good shout

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

gunnerbrad wrote:Cheers Mate

U got any idea how much it would be for taxi 5 of us going so that could be a good shout

Its about 48 miles, I reckon that could cost you around the 70-80 quid mark, but that's only a guess. I would give this number a call and ask for a quote:-

01482 828282

Website for bookings below:-

http://www.hull-cars.com/fares.php

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I might just drive it
all the trains are a rip and take ages

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

Im going by the Travel Club,
It depends from where your coming from i suppose?

But if your near the islington/london area i reccomend this.

http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/31512 ... tab=travel

steven tyers

Post by steven tyers »

i complained to the club as they put on the website the only game moved for tv in march was west ham so me thinking hull was 3pm i brought rail tickets leaving hull at 1925 then a week later comes on website moved to 530 so 5 mins after game to get to station no chance

so i rang the club complained strongley they then decided to refund my rail tickets x 2 43.60

im still going but have to get the 2210 train from hull now my train tickets going there remain the same so get to hull before midday and arrive at kings x after 1am a very long day

i was surprised i got a refund but they should not announce games moved for tv in that month then announce a game has moved again tv companies have no thoughts for travelling supporters at all

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

fair play to the club - didnt think they would give a refund!
I might just do the travel club coach