WIGAN AWAY

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

WIGAN AWAY

Post by REB »

the fight now must be for second and not have to play in them qualifiers for the cl.
Last edited by REB on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Reb, I thought you only played in the qualifiers for finishing 4th. :?

REB

Post by REB »

franksav63 wrote:Reb, I thought you only played in the qualifiers for finishing 4th. :?
3rd and 4th frank thanks to platini plus different seeding for finishing 3rd and one of these days we will finish 4th and get someone like valencia or lyon etc so its important to finish 2nd

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

REBEL GOONER wrote:
franksav63 wrote:Reb, I thought you only played in the qualifiers for finishing 4th. :?
3rd and 4th frank thanks to platini plus different seeding for finishing 3rd and one of these days we will finish 4th and get someone like valencia or lyon etc so its important to finish 2nd
Hmmm... didn't know that. Hopefully with RVP back, we can still get the 3 or 4 wins that we need to cement it, still need Manure to drop points though. :?

NBM

Post by NBM »

What, they changed it again?? So 3rd didn't have to play a qualifier for just last season?

Anyway, I think 4 or 5-1 win. Title pressure off and we get a pressure-free performance, bit like Southampton home in 02/03.

bunch

Post by bunch »

Martinez has tried to get them playing football and their new pitch should help. Start RvP and we should win.

aashman94

Re: WIGAN AWAY

Post by aashman94 »

REBEL GOONER wrote:the fight now must be for second and not have to play in them qualifiers for the cl.
exactly
we will win
wigan are rubbish
they couldn't even beat pompey, and rvp is flying

Rowly

Re: WIGAN AWAY

Post by Rowly »

aashman94 wrote: they couldn't even beat pompey, and rvp is flying
remember who pompy beat at the weekend??

REB

Post by REB »

NBM wrote:What, they changed it again?? So 3rd didn't have to play a qualifier for just last season?

Anyway, I think 4 or 5-1 win. Title pressure off and we get a pressure-free performance, bit like Southampton home in 02/03.
maybe im wrong but didnt platini say he was trying to make it better for small countries by making the 3rd and 4th place team go to qualifying.

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

REBEL GOONER wrote:
Only 4th place has to qualify, 3rd goes in automatically.
That's my understanding from reading this seasons regulations.

NBM

Post by NBM »

REBEL GOONER wrote:
NBM wrote:What, they changed it again?? So 3rd didn't have to play a qualifier for just last season?

maybe im wrong but didnt platini say he was trying to make it better for small countries by making the 3rd and 4th place team go to qualifying.
The guy doesn't know his arsehole from his elbow, so you're probably correct!

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

REBEL GOONER wrote:

i think rebel that because 4th place team goes into "non-champions path", and get teams from a stonger country, whereas there is a different path for champions from weaker leagues. thats the general principle anyway

PI7ES

Post by PI7ES »

Got to be 4-4-2 for me

Clown
Sagna - Sol - Silvestre - Clichy
Walcott - Diaby - Denilson - Nasri
RVP - NB52

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I was gonna suggest dropping the clown bought the thought of Flappy or Mannone is equally depressing. :cry:

swords

Post by swords »

according to wikipedia today,top three auto in champs league group stage

we will win our next four,like two years ago,great at playing pressures off football!