Boring Boring Citeh?????

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbankbren

Boring Boring Citeh?????

Post by northbankbren »

Or maybe tactics spot on citeh?

They came for the point they defended deep and narrow and got it spot on. From the first minute you Could tell by tevez's positioning how they were set up. The reaction and the anger at the final wistle was a laughable on the whole.

Yeah lets boo them coz they kept us out. :roll:

Im my opinion there should have been chants of "why dont we shoot".

Fact is the manager got his subs wrong tonight, Theo off???? Bentdner left side?????. And again a lack of shots from outside the box. But dont discredit citeh's defence....it was solid.

WHY DONT YOU SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!! should be the chant.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Probably in jest, but seriously I've rarely known fans to boo the away sides style.... :shock:

Some probably booed the result (as always) others the referee and some City.

For me the whole furore over City being negative is embarrassing, why not say they defended well?

Because they did.

If we had done that at Old Trafford I would have been fucking laughing, and so would all of of us! No chance of that though... :roll:

selsdon

Post by selsdon »

Georgie Graham - Arsenal legend, is all I want to say.

That and embarassing the booing at FT

How dare Man City come for a point, it's so unfair. As for their tackling, closing down, desire to work for each other, putting their bodies on the line for the cause.. well I just hope the FA look into it.

Against Arsene? Scandalous.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

This forum seems to be becoming more anti-Arsenal with every passing season :roll:

If we're not criticising the players or the manager, it's the fans.

FFS, of course fans booed at full time - it's not embarassing, it's frustration. Frustration that we couldn't score despite playing very well, and frustration that the richest club in the world parked the bus for 90mins and rode ther luck.

Some fans on here seem to be completely out of touch with reality.

Anyway, I'm proud of the way we played last night. Win, lose or draw, if they play with that intensity and desire, I'll back them 100%.

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

g88ner wrote:This forum seems to be becoming more anti-Arsenal with every passing season :roll:

FFS, of course fans booed at full time - it's not embarassing, it's frustration. Frustration that we couldn't score despite playing very well, and frustration that the richest club in the world parked the bus for 90mins and rode ther luck.

Anyway, I'm proud of the way we played last night. Win, lose or draw, of they play with that intensity and desire, I'll back them 100%.
I'm welling up!

:barscarf: :unionjack: 8)

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

g88ner wrote:This forum seems to be becoming more anti-Arsenal with every passing season :roll:

Anyway, I'm proud of the way we played last night. Win, lose or draw, if they play with that intensity and desire, I'll back them 100%.
I've got to agree with g88ner.. :shock: :shock: I'm the first to have a go at us (apart from Sid) :wink: I thought we played well last night, Man Shitty, despite the millions they've paid out, played a boring, negative, timewasting, Italian game, did they have a shot on target? ... and they're highfiving after the game as though they've won.... total tossers, along with their scummy fans.

augie

Post by augie »

To be fait g88ner I dont feel that there has been much criticism of the players last night cos it has agreed that generally we played well and tried hard. However I totally support bren in his initial post cos I think that slating citeeh for their approach is ridiculous and embarrassing :oops: They came to one of their main rivals minus two of their more attacking players (silva and balotelli) and did a job that was so common from GG's teams in the early 90's. Would we be embarrassed to go to the red mancs, the chavs or barca, play that way and come away with a similar performance and result ? If we would be then we have forgotten what is most important in the game of football and that is winning matches and trophies but some seem to think that style matters over substance which is not what this great club was built on.

As regards the booing, because I wasnt there I cannot say who that booing was aimed at. Was it aimed at the players as a result of their failure to win the 3pts ? If so it was harsh. Was it aimed at wenger cos of his shit substitutions and tactics ? Unlikely even though I feel such a conclusion wouldnt be far off the mark. If however it was aimed at citeeh then these fans do need to have a chat wth themselves......sometimes a game isnt just about our team and apart from the deplorable time wasting on free kicks, goal kicks and feigning injury I felt that they did very well and I tip my hat to them. On another night one of our early chances would have gone in and a different game would have unfolded but alas it wasnt to be :(

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Augie, the booing & the "boring, boring Citeh" song was frustration.

Their timewasting tactics were bound to frustrate the fans, their negative attitude to the game was frustrating and of course our bad luck at times didn't help matters.

It was a big game, a good performance and a spot on attitude. It was frustrating for the fans, players and manager.

For Bren to say...

"Yeah lets boo them coz they kept us out :roll: "

Is missing the point and is out of touch with reality. These things happen in the heat of battle and are an emotional response to what we're seeing at the time - it's not embarassing to boo Citeh at all Bren - it's passion and frustration boiling over a bit. Personally, considering how we moan about the lack of passion and noise in the ground, I'm not sure we should be having a go at the crowd for reacting the way they did.

augie

Post by augie »

Is that saying then that booing our own players is ok cos it adds to the atmosphere g88ner ? Maybe not the same thing I know but same principle surely ?

As I said on another thread mate, reacting at the spur of the moments is understandable but I would expect that in the cold light of day our fans would realise that booing citeeh for playing defensively is wrong and embarrassing.......booing them for time wasting during the game is totally ok with me and I would react the same way myself but booing them at the final whistle cos they played defensively is silly imo

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:Is that saying then that booing our own players is ok cos it adds to the atmosphere g88ner ? Maybe not the same thing I know but same principle surely ?
Not the same thing at all, mate! :lol: I'm not saying ANY atmosphere - positive OR negative - is a good thing...

On the contrary, booing/abusing the opposition for negative tactics and timewasting is one thing... and creates a decent, passionate, fully charged atmosphere - that's what I like. But booing our own players is just wrong, and creates a negative environment for our team and may inhibit their performance - and that's something I cannot condone, even in extreme cases like Adebayor (something I was strongly against at the time, and even now I think the way our fans behaved had a negative effect on his performances and, therefore, had a negaitve effect on the team - but that's another story, and a little off track! :lol:)

savaloisav

Complain

Post by savaloisav »

We can complain all we like, but last night it was substance over style. Ive got no complaints as to our performance, we run ourselves into the ground and can count ourselves VERY unlucky not to have one.

As for City, they did set out for the point, but for once, i wish wed go to Old Trafford .. Bridge.. and so on .. and do the same, instead of being caught on the break as usual, and paying the price. By losing games against our main rivals, we lose ground, just like we did the year Eduardo Broke his leg .. If i were a city fan, id be over the moon, obviously traveling half way accross the country to see your team sit back for 90 minutes and survive the battering we gave them in the first 45 was enough to celebrate over ...

De Jong, Milner, Toure .. and so on, put in a shift and a half, thats what Mancini wanted them to do, and he got it spot on.
I hate the *word censored*, and im not anti Arsenal, i just think we cant complain to much. Take the piss all we want, but they are 2nd STILL .. despite us having that game in hand ;)

anyway.. long way to go yet .. Liverfool's title to lose lol

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I think alot of people are missing the point here. WE FAILED TO BREAK DOWN A TEAM THAT PARKED THE BUS. AGAIN. We should be fucking used to that by now and you'd think our MANAGER might have oh I don't know maybe a plan B to deal with that, wouldn't you?

We have no God-given right to be allowed play tappy tappy pass pass. We have to earn that right or we have to change our approach and tactics (huh?!) to suit the teams we play against.

And in all honesty the fucking irony of our JCL's booing someone for being boring is just plain hilarious, given our history!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

DB10GOONER wrote:I think alot of people are missing the point here. WE FAILED TO BREAK DOWN A TEAM THAT PARKED THE BUS. AGAIN. We should be fucking used to that by now and you'd think our MANAGER might have oh I don't know maybe a plan B to deal with that, wouldn't you?

We have no God-given right to be allowed play tappy tappy pass pass. We have to earn that right or we have to change our approach and tactics (huh?!) to suit the teams we play against.

And in all honesty the fucking irony of our JCL's booing someone for being boring is just plain hilarious, given our history!! :lol: :lol: :wink:
DB, I for the first time disagree with THIS point. :shock: :?

Yes, normally we're very predictable but last night we mixed it around a little. Probably not as much as we should but I saw several decent crosses from Cesc, Theo and Clichy :shock:
Although sadly the wrong type of players were on the pitch to meet them except for the low whipped ball.
Plus players like Theo, Nasri, RVP created chances out of nothing rather then the tappy passing.

As for them being boring. It was born out of frustration. Yes back in our days we were boring but we were playing to our strengths as we didn't have the resources. Citeh have invested over £100M to make a claim at the title and all they can muster is to park the bus. Not one attempt on target!
It was frustrating to see a team of mega stars resorting to such boring and time wasting tactics. Being a so called title clash (2nd Vs 3rd) fans expected a fight but Citeh sat in the corner with there guard up waiting for the bell.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Boomer wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:I think alot of people are missing the point here. WE FAILED TO BREAK DOWN A TEAM THAT PARKED THE BUS. AGAIN. We should be fucking used to that by now and you'd think our MANAGER might have oh I don't know maybe a plan B to deal with that, wouldn't you?

Yes, normally we're very predictable but last night we mixed it around a little. Probably not as much as we should but I saw several decent crosses from Cesc, Theo and Clichy :shock:
Although sadly the wrong type of players were on the pitch to meet them except for the low whipped ball.
Plus players like Theo, Nasri, RVP created chances out of nothing rather then the tappy passing.

As for them being boring. It was born out of frustration. Yes back in our days we were boring but we were playing to our strengths as we didn't have the resources. Citeh have invested over £100M to make a claim at the title and all they can muster is to park the bus. Not one attempt on target!
It was frustrating to see a team of mega stars resorting to such boring and time wasting tactics. Being a so called title clash (2nd Vs 3rd) fans expected a fight but Citeh sat in the corner with there guard up waiting for the bell.
I take your point Boomer but I think if you look at who we had leading the line last night you'll admit that whipping crosses in at RVP is pointless. The lad will not put his head to the ball in the box for love nor money. So I would say we still don't have a plan B. If he had brought Benny on and we had whipped a few in at his head then ok, but Wenger brought him on and stuck him out wide!! :?

I agree it's frustrating to watch boring teams but we did it for decades! I honestly could not bring myself to boo a team for doing what we did for so long, no matter how many rich mercenaries they have in the team. :wink:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Boomer wrote:

I take your point Boomer but I think if you look at who we had leading the line last night you'll admit that whipping crosses in at RVP is pointless. The lad will not put his head to the ball in the box for love nor money. So I would say we still don't have a plan B. If he had brought Benny on and we had whipped a few in at his head then ok, but Wenger brought him on and stuck him out wide!! :?

I agree it's frustrating to watch boring teams but we did it for decades! I honestly could not bring myself to boo a team for doing what we did for so long, no matter how many rich mercenaries they have in the team. :wink:
I did say that the wrong personnel were on the pitch for crosses but the majority of them were low whipped balls. I can recall two chances which RVP was inches (one was millimetres!) away from sliding in.

Oh and I forgot the Greatest striker in the world substitution! :shock:
He took Jack of for Nick. Hmmm okay, I thought but atleast AW's going for. it 4-4-2.
Errr nope!
He drops Nasri to where Jack was and 6ft+ Nic plays out wide! :roll: This I do agree was utter ridiculous.
I thought changing the formation was brave but if you're gonna stick with it take RVP off for Nick atleast or better Chamack. :banghead: :roll: