This place is shit

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Number 5

This place is shit

Post by Number 5 »

Oh man, it really is.

I used to love it round here, funny guys, good men, jokes galore.

But it got rubbish.

Real rubbish.

The best of us tried to keep it going, real hero's.

I wasn't one.

Well, had a few drinks tonight, still it's getting close to RIP time.

:cry:

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Your wrong :cry:

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Prove it by being serious and not a little bit gay/funny.

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

The vast collection of people on here is something you won't find in many other areas of society other than a mental institution :lol:

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Yeah it was like that 3 years ago.

Still a long way away from what it was.

Just pouring one out for my homies tonight, lager, lager shouting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlLWFa1b1Bc

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

I definitely think it is going downhill on here mind. I've been coming on here less than than in the past.

But I do think that the set up on here is becoming mirrored amongst fans in the ground, AKB vs Realists.

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Aaaah that is all shit.

This place was a laugh, it has grown, probably too much.

But it is probably THE most important barometer of how real fans feel about the club.

If I was as arsed as I used to be I'd be at the forefront of it, But I am working half a day in football, doing my Level 1 badge.

Sadly it's at u-10 level and that don't mean shit. Gimmie 4 years, I'll be back. :barscarf:

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

Number 5. Dont come on here is the simple answer. 8)

I agree its not the same, and not as good....as the good old days of the forum, when it was only 3 years without a trophy....those were the days....I do honestly agree with you that there is a far far more negative vibe but that is to do with the fact it is now over 6 years without a trophy and the way the club has gone down hill in so many ways over the last few years.

The modding is far more strict...wankers 8) . It used to be a rite free for all, which for me really made the place.....on the whole they're good :?: :D , but far too much opinionated modding (whim/wind up deleting/relegating/locking of threads and posts).

But they are only 99.9% of the reason the place isnt as good as it was....0.1% is the actual team. :barscarf:

T.S

Post by T.S »

Nail. On. Head, señor 5.

There was a thread on here a couple of days ago lamenting IU4GN and questioning why he's not on here as much and for me, the answer was simple; this place is easily not as good as it once was. Stearmaster. Smoothie. 2007 was definitely the golden era of the forum.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Haven't been around on here for a year yet, so I can't really say much.

I dunno what would have made it "better" though. More fun, clique-y threads? More insight and discussion without the usual dichotomy of "AKB" vs "Wenger is a *word censored*" ? What are you asking for?

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Certain people spoil it with their paint by numbers negative essays every post.

Check list....

Hate Wenger
Hate the board
Hate the support other than away boys
Hate the signings
Hate the cost of signings
Hate the wages paid
Hate the ticket prices
Hate the players getting paid said wages
Hate the atmosphere
Hate the signings other clubs have because ours don't match them
Hate the Balti Pies
Hate losing
Hate winning
Hate life.

Fit all those gripes into every post but reword it and make sure the posts are long and there you have your Groundhog Experience when you come on here.

spoona

Post by spoona »

Number 5 wrote:Prove it by being serious and not a little bit gay/funny.
Are you saying number 5,that you don't find the constant turning of serious threads into jokey homosexual innuendo filled ones,involving the same forum members everytime,very funny?? :roll: :roll:

surely not!!!!
8)

REB

Post by REB »

i log in after work most nights and a lot of the time i couldnt be arsed to post :cry:
it isnt the same as it used to be and the craic isnt as good but thats more then likely because its the same threads coming to the surface time after time plus the basement makes it less random then it used to be on the main arsenal chat.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

I was going to do a similar thread myself a while ago but couldn't be arsed.

Having thought about it, I think we have simply run out of things to talk about. I am bored of reading about Wenger in/out, bored of hearing about the need for a goalkeeper/centre half/Lionel Messi and bored of polls asking is such and such a legend/wanker/on £7 million a week/could do a job for us in midfield.

There is still the occasional funny on here which keeps me coming back but they are totally diluted by inane, uninformed tittle tattle from those who want to be the biggest Arsenal 'fan'!

Oh and the basement hasn't helped either!

8)

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Double posting doesn't help either!

:oops:
Last edited by Percy Dalton on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.