The next season?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Top Londoner

The next season?

Post by Top Londoner »

Oh help. It's almost upon us.
2013/14 is coming.
Season tickets will be renewed. (fair play to those that buy them, as I don't. I acknowledge the implications for those that do not renew).
Transfer rumours will abound, and gossip in the media will be whipped into a frenzy with regard to in's and out's regarding transfers.
The PR arm of the Arsenal will go into full swing as the PLC utilise their charm tactics.
The (Arsenal PR) media is already promising the faithful of a new investor, sugar daddy.

But something tells me that nothing will really change.

Arsenal FC, cheats of the supporters, supreme. At least the Mancs supporters know that they are in debt up to their eyeballs, yet both teams can boast of success. We don't have their debts, but we are not competitive either.

2013/14 2014/15 2015/16 yada yada yada

Sutch

Re: The next season?

Post by Sutch »

We will show great mental strength in vietnam and all will be rosy in the wenger garden/ditch/hole in the ground.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

I will be writing to Arsenal PLC and asking them to confirm before i buy my ST this year that Arsene Wenger will not be in charge of the Team for 2013/2014.

I will advise them, that if they cannot confirm that then regrettably i will not be paying a grand anymore to watch home defeats against swansea, city, schalke, chelsea, bayern and blackburn, and in general to see the team win only 50% of it's home games, as i don't believe that is any longer value for my money.

This season would have been my 20th as a Season Ticket Holder and 35th as a paying fan, and i am very saddened to take this necessary action and so I would request that they add me to the bottom of the season ticket waiting list so i have a chance of another ticket one day under the next owner, board and manager.

Yours etc.

c1.

Victoria concordia Crescit (look it up !)

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

clockender1 wrote: Victoria concordia Crescit (look it up !)
Loosely translates as "forward" :wink:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

clockender1 wrote:I will be writing to Arsenal PLC and asking them to confirm before i buy my ST this year that Arsene Wenger will not be in charge of the Team for 2013/2014.

I will advise them, that if they cannot confirm that then regrettably i will not be paying a grand anymore to watch home defeats against swansea, city, schalke, chelsea, bayern and blackburn, and in general to see the team win only 50% of it's home games, as i don't believe that is any longer value for my money.
That is what every ST holder should do NOW.Write to Gazidis personally and say you wont be renewing unless Wenger is removed.Its the only way the board will listen.Dont listen to the £70m to spend bullshit from the board.If Wengers stays it will be another repeat of this season

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Even if Lord Wankpot had €100m to spend and was forced to, he would somehow find a way to use it to fund 7 players from Ligue 1 of Gervinho and Giroud's standard

I wouldn't let the bloke access the petty cash tin let alone a supposed transfer fund

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

SteveO 35 wrote:Even if Lord Wankpot had €100m to spend and was forced to, he would somehow find a way to use it to fund 7 players from Ligue 1 of Gervinho and Giroud's standard

I wouldn't let the bloke access the petty cash tin let alone a supposed transfer fund
7 players? Don't be silly. He'd use it to fund contract extensions for Rosicky and Arshavin along with much-deserved raises for Ramsey, Mertesacker and Coquelin.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

will be exactly the same as the last 7 :roll: :oops: :banghead:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

SteveO 35 wrote:Even if Lord Wankpot had €100m to spend and was forced to, he would somehow find a way to use it to fund 7 players from Ligue 1 of Gervinho and Giroud's standard

Just so long as he doesn't give Diaby yet another new one. 2 games a season is isn't enough

UlsterGooner

Post by UlsterGooner »

Im sure they will also put the price of Silver membership up as well again probably to 50 quid