Santa Cruz - who wants him?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Basil is a Gooner

Santa Cruz - who wants him?

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

Rilo II

Post by Rilo II »

He wouldn't be my first choice, but then I wouldn't turn my nose up at him either.

augie

Post by augie »

Wouldnt be my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice even. We cannot point at ade as a one season wonder and then ignore the fact that prior to last season santa cruz was nowhere near prolific either and should be still classed as a one season wonder until he proves otherwise.

Fabby is a Foot (Leg-end)

Post by Fabby is a Foot (Leg-end) »

For one, we only need anyone of Ade does leave which is looking less likely by the day. If he does leave then I would prefer Eto, if not Eto then perhaps him. Has a bit of a reputation of a sulk which is not really what we want!

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Huntelaar is my choice

barnfield88

Post by barnfield88 »

i think in the right team he will be a good player, i wouldnt mind him, but i wounldnt mind fucking anyone atm because we have fucking all, but wenger has already said he is after a midfielder so....

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Huntelaar, Villa or someone of their level of class. I know Villa is a pipe dream with AW as manager, so I agree with donaldo. :barscarf:

Rob

Post by Rob »

donaldo wrote:Huntelaar is my choice

:barscarf:

I feel Santa Cruz could be a one season wonder. Bit like Adeybayour in fact !

Fabby is a Foot (Leg-end)

Post by Fabby is a Foot (Leg-end) »

Huntelaar would be a great addition too but I just can't see him leaving Ajax!

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

augie wrote:Wouldnt be my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice even. We cannot point at ade as a one season wonder and then ignore the fact that prior to last season santa cruz was nowhere near prolific either and should be still classed as a one season wonder until he proves otherwise.
thank you augie for the sensible comment

augie

Post by augie »

Magic Hat wrote:
augie wrote:Wouldnt be my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice even. We cannot point at ade as a one season wonder and then ignore the fact that prior to last season santa cruz was nowhere near prolific either and should be still classed as a one season wonder until he proves otherwise.
thank you augie for the sensible comment

Are you being serious magic ? :? When somebody agrees with me I can never be quite sure if they are taking the piss or being genuine :oops: (doesnt happen that often you understand :roll: :wink: :lol: )

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Well, I know I'm in the minority, but my stance on the matter hasn't changed..I really hope Ade stays.

Yes, ok...if a player of the calibre of David Villa is available, then fair enough....but I think Ade is a much better player than many people give him credit for, and despite his behaviour over the summer, I'm still confident that, should he stay, he'll get his head down and get on with his Arsenal career.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

g88ner wrote:Well, I know I'm in the minority, but my stance on the matter hasn't changed..I really hope Ade stays.

Yes, ok...if a player of the calibre of David Villa is available, then fair enough....but I think Ade is a much better player than many people give him credit for, and despite his behaviour over the summer, I'm still confident that, should he stay, he'll get his head down and get on with his Arsenal career.
I agree to a point 88 i think ade is a good striker and wanted him to stay but with the goings on this summer and his shitty press conference where he said he would stay only to so he wasnt sure in the next interview i dont see how he can stay, not sure the fans will react well to him for a start

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

I was genuinely agreeing augie

it won't happen again, I promise :wink:

goonarmy

Post by goonarmy »

g88ner wrote:Well, I know I'm in the minority, but my stance on the matter hasn't changed..I really hope Ade stays.

I'm resigned to Adebayor staying for this window at the least. :banghead:, if we can't get a quality striker like Villa or Huntelaar as you say then Adebayor is the best available. I still want him to leave though even if we couldn't get anyone of equal or better quality. He's just been too much of a wanker over the last couple of months for him to stay.

As it looks like he will be staying then i can't see us getting another Striker, definitely not an expensive well known one anyway. Wenger's said he's after 1 or possibly 2 players and first of all he's after a half decent midfielder. After that we're never gonna have enough money for a Striker that's better than the one's we've already got. We've just got to hope that the youngsters we've got step up to the challenge and don't bottle it like they did last season