Favourite unimportant goal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gloomy Gooner

Favourite unimportant goal

Post by Gloomy Gooner »

New to this forum, pleased to meet you all.
Thought I'd get the ball rolling by asking what your favourite 'unimportant' Arsenal goal is. By 'unimportant' I mean a goal that isn't already a classic, wasn't a winner in a famous victory or it didn't even win the game. I know there are obvious choices like RvP's at Charlton but I'm talking about a goal that no-one else really raved about but you really, realy enjoyed.

Here's mine: Henry's goal away to Blackburn in the 06/07 season. Made it 2-0 when we'd been down to 10 after about 10 minutes wiht Gilberto being sent off. This goal just sums up how he (and the team) just could not be contained. When he picks it up in our half and makes his way intot Blackburn's there are six Blackburn players and Cesc with him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GTPzsTp ... re=related

.Block5Gooner.

Post by .Block5Gooner. »

Last edited by .Block5Gooner. on Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gloomy Gooner

Also!

Post by Gloomy Gooner »

This goal was absolute fucking class. Unfortunately this video asin't the best quality but this goal was just pure fucking class. It was a goal that made the hairs stand up on my neck and I felt so proud to be witness to an Arsenal era producing some of the finest football the world has ever seen!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVP-_o69OAI

REB

Post by REB »

welcome gloomy,
ian wrights goal in charity shield 93 for me, it was my first trip to wembley 8)

IAMTHEGOONER

Post by IAMTHEGOONER »

MY FAVOURITE GOAL OF UNIMPORTANCE WAS FLAMINIS'S AGAINST NEWCASTLE LAST YEAR. OR EDUARDO'S AGAINST SHEFFIELD UTD. BOTH AWSOME

Gloomy Gooner

Ineed

Post by Gloomy Gooner »

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

That's the one I was thinkin of too, everything about it was done with such aplomb that it reeked of sheer class, so it certainly gets my vote!

One thing that did piss me off tho was when it was robbed of it's rightful place as goal of the month on MOTD even tho Shearer and Lineker voted for it cos Hansen and you-know-who voted for Rooney's volley which, while a good goal, was a fuckin joke, can you imagine if Rooney had ran the length of the pitch and exchanged passes with Scholes playin the Cesc role before beating Freidel all ends up??? we'd still be hearin about it now :roll: - just like when Dennis' goal against Newcastle which altho won goal of the season didn't even win goal of the day at the time cos Mc'Coist didn't "reckon he meant it" eh :shock: hello Ally, we're talkin Dennis Bergkamp here an absolute footballing legend who made his career from scoring incredulous goals :banghead:

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

I will always remember seeing Hartson score a fucking blinder at Highbury against Man City!

:barscarf:

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

.Block5Gooner. wrote:Welcome mate :wink:

And the goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htN5n3Dt3is 8) :barscarf:
Who is this Rosicky fellow? jog my memory.

Cus Geezer

Re: Also!

Post by Cus Geezer »

Gloomy Gooner wrote:This goal was absolute fucking class. Unfortunately this video asin't the best quality but this goal was just pure fucking class. It was a goal that made the hairs stand up on my neck and I felt so proud to be witness to an Arsenal era producing some of the finest football the world has ever seen!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVP-_o69OAI
Who is this Ashley Cole fellow? jog my memory.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

My favourite unimportant goal, was by....myself!

I say unimportant, because the whistle had already blown for a free kick, but even so, my goal had people clapping.

The ball was fed into my feet on the half way line, and with the agility of a cheetah, I turned the defender, who was touch tight, and I was away! The next defender came galloping towards me, and as he slid in, I flicked the ball past him...he clipped my ankle, but I'm no Eboue...I stayed on my feet! So imagine....30 yards from goal, and 2 defenders fastly approaching...what do you do? I fainted to go right..dropped my shoulder, and then, nudging the ball onto my weaker left foot, I delicately clipped the ball over the keepers head..and I tell no lie, it lodged itself in the back of the net..where the cross bar meets the post..GOAL!!!

Unfortunately, the fucking referee had given a foul (in my favour!) when the defender had clipped my ankle earlier in the move :cry: :banghead:

Still a wonderful memory though :barscarf:

WengerKnows

Post by WengerKnows »

Bergkamp's sublime chip against Bayer Leverkusen . We were already 3-0 up so the goal was unimportant , still i get goose bumps jumps watching it .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lFbfG7n4sk

My Left Foot

Post by My Left Foot »

Henry against Man utd, 03/04

Absolutely twatted it and keeper was left grasping at thin air. Shame it didnt win the game

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

mine was also me over the park diving header, fucking classic, i say it was unimportant tho, as it was only a dream :roll: :oops: :lol: :barscarf:

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

Gotta go for Cole vs. Villa.

The ball from DB10 was legendary!