city away thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
foxinthebox2001

Re: city away thread

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Bradywasking wrote:
xisstential wrote:At 25 softly spoken Aaron Ramsey is developing signs of becoming the leader that Arsenal so desperately need.

Ramsey, stripped of the Welsh captaincy before the the Euro 2016 qualifying campaign because Crhis Coleman felt he was too quiet, was seen angrily confronting Olivier Giroud and shouting at the Frenchman for failing to chase a through ball during the 1-0 win over Norwich.

Ramsey, incidentally, played 102 passes as he tried to get the team going from his central midfield role.

Are the people who report on Arsenal all on some kind of hallucinogenic??

Played 102 passes did he, just the kind of stat Wenger loves.... it's exactly what leads to expected goals.
What they fail to say is the majority of those passes were to himself,the rest to nobody in particular
His normal quota is at least 3 of those being blind back heels.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:
His normal quota is at least 3 of those being blind back heels.
What are his expected back heels per game? I would imagine that he would be leading that mini-league.

augie

Post by augie »

Last Sunday's game showed exactly where citeeh's attitude is now - win in champs league semi and that is where their focus will be.......lose in champs league semi and they will be on their summer holidays from Thursday morning and wont give a flying f.uck about the rest of their league games :roll:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

amazonas wrote:We will win on expected goals. Don't really care too much about actual goals :barscarf:
Of course we'll win this, we are Away Team Champions :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPARKSY wrote:
amazonas wrote:We will win on expected goals. Don't really care too much about actual goals :barscarf:
Is that "expected" Away Team Champions or actual Away Team Champions? :rubchin:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Wenger will show his complete contempt for the fans (it's our fault we didn't win the league after all :cry: ) by starting the hapless Giroud once again. We will then have to endure 90 minutes of air shots, vigorous finger wagging and him falling over himself continuously.

However, I predict one bright spot around 25 minutes in to the game when he wins a throw in the opposition half and waddles the length of the pitch to cup his ears at the away fans screaming ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

:barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

SPARKSY wrote:
:D

Maybe we should take Wenger's advice and not look at the league table ourselves anymore. Then he can tell us how things are.

Didnt the population of N. Korea get told they'd won the world cup? I think this is the way forward for Arsenal.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I seriously think we can win this one , but a boredraw is more likely given recent form ,with spurs losing to Southampton thjis could be fun !

We will then have a nail biter against Villa for 2nd place !

Its all gold !

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Herd wrote:I seriously think we can win this one , but a boredraw is more likely given recent form ,with spurs losing to Southampton thjis could be fun !

Its all gold !
Yes, and then the bowl will erupt in glorious failure. Literally, they will think they have won the league. Remember the ridiculous celebrating by the players for getting 4th at Newcastle a couple of years back.........................

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

I keep having this awful dream of the Villa game.
Giroud, given the freedom of Islington by a statuesque defence, scoring a hat trick, a header from 2 yards, a sloppy back pass, and a ricochet off his shinpad in a scruffy goalmouth scramble. The 3rd will be celebrated by him running over to embrace Wenger, and pointing to him while cupping his ear.
As if to say, "this man believes I am world class, why cant you?"
Its had me waking in a cold sweat for the past 3 nights.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SPARKSY wrote:
Herd wrote:I seriously think we can win this one , but a boredraw is more likely given recent form ,with spurs losing to Southampton thjis could be fun !

Its all gold !
Yes, and then the bowl will erupt in glorious failure. Literally, they will think they have won the league. Remember the ridiculous celebrating by the players for getting 4th at Newcastle a couple of years back.........................
mind you one of my earliest great memories of Arsenal was playing Villa on the last game of the season (the year they won the league in 1981) and I think we won to secure 3rd place ! and then both sets of fans had a massive pitch invasion at the end of the match. I think that is correct ? :barscarf:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Gunner Rob wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:

Its all gold !
mind you one of my earliest great memories of Arsenal was playing Villa on the last game of the season (the year they won the league in 1981) and I think we won to secure 3rd place ! and then both sets of fans had a massive pitch invasion at the end of the match. I think that is correct ? :barscarf:
That is correct. I couldn't wait to get to school on Monday and tell all my mates how we invaded the pitch and got my little bit of grass :D

Herd

Post by Herd »

Stupid Terry Neil said in the paper he did mind if villa got on the pitch if they won the league !
No way were Arsenal going to take that especially with the clock end having been made all ticket for Villa only !
The whole displaced clock end lined up down the side and as soon as the final whistle went and we had won 2-0 to qualify for Europe
On both sets came and a massive brawl started .
A full scale battle was averted as the Police had very large numbers out but it was hairy !!

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

At this time the best thing in the World for us is to finish above Spuds in 2nd. That will be nearly as bad for their fans as losing the league last night :D
I see no reason for us not to get 6 points in the last 2 games and Spuds to lose or draw both of theirs.

There might be Saint Totteringham day yet.

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

Herd wrote:Stupid Terry Neil said in the paper he did mind if villa got on the pitch if they won the league !
No way were Arsenal going to take that especially with the clock end having been made all ticket for Villa only !
The whole displaced clock end lined up down the side and as soon as the final whistle went and we had won 2-0 to qualify for Europe
On both sets came and a massive brawl started .
A full scale battle was averted as the Police had very large numbers out but it was hairy !!
I was there that day crammed in the North bank and I think Pele was paraded around the pitch either before the kick off or at half time. The one thing I do remember was the cracking atmosphere that day, Villa didnt get chance to celebrate too many Gooners on the pitch.