The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by GranadaJoe »

I think Vardy has opted for a comfortable life. No disruption and 100k pw for FOUR years. 21 MILLION!!

Leics will probably lose a couple of players, Vardy will gradually lose pace and defences will be more prepared for him and Leic's tactics, but I don't think anybody expects Leics to challenge again and he is a hero to the fans and top dog in the team.

I'm v.annoyed that he said he'd wait until after the Euros and then he announces this. I wanted us to sign him but I still think he's a racist chav.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:He's made a twat of us.

We should never have let him get on that plane still stringing us along. We made him a whacking great offer to join the Arsenal and should have given him a non-negotiable deadline of the day before he flew.

If he was serious and was ever going to join, three days or whatever was plenty of time to mull it over and he would have signed.

He's made a complete fucking laughing stock of us.

And yet we had some people on here preaching about patience and waiting until the euro's were over before panicing..........we are supposed to be ok with waiting for possibly 5 weeks for vardy to decide if he wants to join us ? F.ucking f.uck off :evil: :evil: Our club should be above being treated this way and if we had anyone bar this gormless w*nker running our club, then maybe we would be treated with more respect.
This delay for a decision suits wenker and no-one else :evil:

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

said a couple of pages back that as soon as he started this bollocks to pull the pin and go find someone else. The fact that the club has let this little wanker pull them along just shows how far we have fallen imo. :evil: :evil:

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

:D :D :D thank fuck I was at work when news broke about steptoe not signing I jumped out the van screaming yes fucking Yes lads at work thought I'd won lottery :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Brightonnxtround

Quick wanger put a sneeky bid in for Eduardo Vargas should get him for 20 m he's better than fucking steptoe :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Brightonnxtround wrote:Quick wanger put a sneeky bid in for Eduardo Vargas should get him for 20 m he's better than fucking steptoe :D

he was shit at QPR, lets hope he has improved

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

he's on fire for chile

then again ramsey's on fire for wales and he's going to turn back into a lazy, clueless numpty for us by august :(

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Let's pick up centre back Neven Subotic from Dortmund.

:barscarf:

silus

Post by silus »

Robin_L wrote:I think people are going a bit overboard with all this.

He chose to stay at a club - the league champions - where he's already familiar with the surroundings and will get almost the same money. Kante will leave, probably Mahrez too, and the chances of Leicester winning the league again are minimal, same as Arsenal.

I think Vardy's made the right choice for him, but can't say I feel 'embarrassed' that he's stayed at a smaller club over joining us, there's plenty of other considerations. Maybe his missus doesn't like London.

More annoying will be if (when) Mikhtaryan signs for Mourinho over us, then i'll join you all in the angry corner.
Agreed. There could be a million reasons he wanted to stay at Leicester. I'm not sure what else we could have done, the fee was agreed and a decent contract was offered to him. Letting it drag on was a bit embarrassing but it was obviously a big decision for the little chav.
I won't be losing any sleep over him not joining...I will however lose my shit when the inevitable no more signings is followed up with the usual bullshit spin about nobody being available.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I'm not particularly bothered about us not attracting him from Leicester. I mean I am annoyed that we aren't winning trophies and an irresistible option, but I don't for a minute think we should have offered him more money. There are plenty of reasons he would stay and it's not in my mind a huge shock that he did.

letting him get on that plane stringing us along after all the details were out in the public domain was an embarrassment though. The moment he didn't give us an answer it was clear that he wouldn't be coming, yet we have allowed him to keep us on the hook for weeks. The footballing community is laughing at us.

shu

Post by shu »

Even the spuds fan took the piss this mornng ! Easily put her back in her box !!!!! :barscarf:

It is embarrassing but then again we were after Jagielka for years and he wouldnt leave Everton. Vardy has done the right thing and will always be a Leicester legend

Brightonnxtround

Redarmy wrote:
Brightonnxtround wrote:Quick wanger put a sneeky bid in for Eduardo Vargas should get him for 20 m he's better than fucking steptoe :D

I was unaware of that just gos to show
Players play for different teams and put different performances in

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

I was unaware of that just gos to show
Players play for different teams and put different performances in

yes to be fair he did not seem interested down at QPR...now he seems to play well with Sanchez

Brightonnxtround

Theres 2 pieces of the jigsaw and with perisic on the wing " :barscarf:

MrT

Post by MrT »

Rumours about Lukaku now, ffs hope this isn't true, would have preferred steptoe.

No fucking idea why he's so highly rated, averages 1 good game in 3 and is a big lumbering oaf, and we already have one of those.

Can you imagine if we hadn't signed Xhaka so early? Meltdown.