The ONLY Euro 2016 thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: The ONLY Euro 2016 thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

arseofacrow wrote:Is there a case for Koscielny being affected by the incorrect booking a few minutes earlier and therefore not doing everything he could to stop eder? Or is Koscielny prone to bit of arsenallike defending and being shrugged aside too easily?

:rubchin: :shock: :barscarf:

Jim beglin commentating on rte 2 last night made that point last night if Kos hadn't been booked for the non existent handball he probably would have taken Eder out

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:Is there a case for Koscielny being affected by the incorrect booking a few minutes earlier and therefore not doing everything he could to stop eder? Or is Koscielny prone to bit of arsenallike defending and being shrugged aside too easily?

:rubchin: :shock: :barscarf:

Jim beglin commentating on rte 2 last night made that point last night if Kos hadn't been booked for the non existent handball he probably would have taken Eder out

But that totally ignores the reality that a Swansea reject turned him like he wasn't even there :oops:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Well done Aaron Ramsey made it into the best 11 players of the tournament. Nobody on here would be proud of that after all he is one of our own. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

Yeah, but so did Ronaldo and Pogba, and they were absolute horse shit, so it doesn't mean a great deal to me personally.
Pogba is the 'Emperors new clothes' of footballers. I'm adamant a group of scouts have randomly picked a young player and told everyone how amazing he is and they all seem to be believing it.
I've yet to see him do anything even remotely £100 million pound like, for club or country. Just my thoughts not saying I'm right (although I am). 8)

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:Well done Aaron Ramsey made it into the best 11 players of the tournament. Nobody on here would be proud of that after all he is one of our own. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Just a shame that he is not as committed or enthusiastic wearing an Arsenal shirt. Sell him,(preferably to Swansea or Cardiff,clubs obviously closer to his heart). :evil: :banghead:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:Well done Aaron Ramsey made it into the best 11 players of the tournament. Nobody on here would be proud of that after all he is one of our own. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Just a shame that he is not as committed or enthusiastic wearing an Arsenal shirt. Sell him,(preferably to Swansea or Cardiff,clubs obviously closer to his heart). :evil: :banghead:
Joe Allen in there too, that makes me question the judgement.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I would argue it's based on how utterly dogshit he is for us. It's a bit like saying had Giroud been prolific at the tournament, we should all celebrate it, while forgetting that he went missing for the 2nd half of last season. Each to their own, but I'm not one to care how our players do for their respective countries, especially when in Ramsey's case, it is the polar opposite of how he plays for us.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g60gooner wrote:Yeah, but so did Ronaldo and Pogba, and they were absolute horse shit, so it doesn't mean a great deal to me personally.
Pogba is the 'Emperors new clothes' of footballers. I'm adamant a group of scouts have randomly picked a young player and told everyone how amazing he is and they all seem to be believing it.
I've yet to see him do anything even remotely £100 million pound like, for club or country. Just my thoughts not saying I'm right (although I am). 8)
^^ This 100% 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Even with some of the dross we have in our sqaud - a better Manager- could do better with that dross.

# WENGER OUT

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Apparently, 51 games were played, which is officially too fucking many. How and when are players supposed to rest?

Added to which, I've just been reading about the qualification system for 2020, which needs a degree in Critical Path Analysis
to understand, and includes the European Nations League (have you heard about that one!) and appears designed to allow all 'top' countries and some shit countries to participate.

The qualifiers will then fly backwards and forwards across the continent as there is no host country.

Sean

Post by Sean »

The increase of teams in the Euros did make it interesting, to be fair.

The final wasn't great. It was as boring as watching Arsenal pass it sideways in front of a parked bus. I wasn't surprised that Koscielny was at fault for the goal. Our legendary defensive coaching at work there :barscarf:

It was laughable to see Ronaldo pretending to be the manager. Doing his best John Terry impression, I think :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Brendan Rodgers' first game: losing to Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar in CL qualifying.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm glad it's over. It was mostly a shit tournament. So many teams demonstrated such poor quality football, a negative tactical approach, and the diving and cheating and fucking ladyboy carry-on was sickening to watch. :oops: :roll:

Fuck the Interlull. :x

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:Apparently, 51 games were played, which is officially too fucking many. How and when are players supposed to rest?

Added to which, I've just been reading about the qualification system for 2020, which needs a degree in Critical Path Analysis
to understand, and includes the European Nations League (have you heard about that one!) and appears designed to allow all 'top' countries and some shit countries to participate.

The qualifiers will then fly backwards and forwards across the continent as there is no host country.
F**k, all they seem to be missing there is some element of time travel to increase teams from yesteryear involvement, I've said it for ages now"football is fooked, it will eat itself"

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »