THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Redarmy »

Wilson wrote:The reason Wenger wants to get rid of him, is because Henry carries so much weight with Arsenal fans, that Wenger feels his presence at the club is a threat to his own position. Henry acts as an immediate replacement should Arsenal fans demand Wenger's sacking if this season goes sour. But without anyone to take the job at the drop of a hat, Wenger can at least bat away calls for an instant sacking.

When it comes to forward thinking in culling those who could potentially threaten his reign, Wenger is a master. A person of Henry's stature, universally loved by the fans, already in a coaching capacity at the club - Wenger knowing he is under pressure, has moved to clip the wings of a potential replacement.

Its just about self-preservation by Wenger. As what good does this do to get rid of Henry? He is our greatest ever player, and as one of the great strikers of a generation, can offer insight few others can. Yet Wenger wants to sack him because he does a bit of work on the side being a pundit - which Wenger has himself done in international tournaments.

Worst thing is, Henry is still doing his coaching badges, so will need a new club to coach at, and given his work with Sky, its certain Henry is going to end up at one of our rivals.

Wenger really is a vile, nasty, arrogant, scheming c unt. Just because of his horrible insecurities, he will drive Thierry Henry into the employment of another club.
Not only Henry look at all the others that have been ignored....incredible waste of Football knowledge which is our heritage
How when is this guy going to go.....i am finished till he goes :banghead:

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

Thank you Augie for the welcome and for being gentle with me :wink: it's hard to come on here sometimes mainly because the club is stale at the moment and so it is with the debates and being very much in the minority I don't have time to debate with half the board every time I post.

When I say that I'm in the minority that does not mean that I'm pro Wenger I've had many debates with my pro AW bestie, some of them pretty heated purely down to the subject matter, so I do understand why the forum is as it is, but because nearly all the board members have come to absolutely detest AW it stifles any real balanced debate and makes the forum an unpleasant one as peeps come on here mostly to vent and take out their frustrations on other members!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

so in the last month we have lost our club captain to Manchester City and told one of our greatest ever players he is not wanted on the coaching staff.

the club I grew up with no longer seems to exist. very sad :(

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:Well he's back from his hols. Actually back from his punditry job.... but that's ok because he never criticised his players, in fact he bigged them up. PRICK!!

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has delivered an extraordinary ultimatum to Thierry Henry, arguably the greatest player in the club’s history.

Wenger has ruled that Henry can only have a coaching role with Arsenal’s academy if he devotes himself full-time and relinquishes his role as a pundit on Sky Sports.

Wenger, 66, feels his fellow Frenchman cannot work within the club during the week and then criticise their players at the weekend.

The club’s record goalscorer, whose Sky deal is believed to be worth £4million a year, had offered to work for nothing for Arsenal with his proposed salary being shared among the other academy coaches.

Wenger is in the hypocritical position of taking a busy TV role himself with beIN Sport throughout Euro 2016.

It is understood the manager has had reservations about his former captain combining roles since Henry said on Sky in April 2015 that Arsenal would struggle to win the Premier League while Olivier Giroud was the first-choice striker.

Wenger is forming a habit of falling out with club superstars. Patrick Vieira is still hurt by Wenger not offering him a coaching role when he retired in 2011 and is now being groomed to be the future boss of Manchester City.

The hardline approach to Henry comes at a time when Wenger is under consideration for the England job, if the FA are prepared to wait one more season until the end of his current contract.

The Ironic Blasphemy of wengercunto knows No Bounds - he is manager of Arsenal - Is being paid £8,3 Mill a year + Bonuses...and is meant to be sorting all the required transfers during the summer - What has he been doing 'Punditry' - Cannot he not see the 'Irony' of his ultimatum to TH14.

FFS! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
xisstential wrote:Well he's back from his hols. Actually back from his punditry job.... but that's ok because he never criticised his players, in fact he bigged them up. PRICK!!

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has delivered an extraordinary ultimatum to Thierry Henry, arguably the greatest player in the club’s history.

Wenger has ruled that Henry can only have a coaching role with Arsenal’s academy if he devotes himself full-time and relinquishes his role as a pundit on Sky Sports.

Wenger, 66, feels his fellow Frenchman cannot work within the club during the week and then criticise their players at the weekend.

The club’s record goalscorer, whose Sky deal is believed to be worth £4million a year, had offered to work for nothing for Arsenal with his proposed salary being shared among the other academy coaches.

Wenger is in the hypocritical position of taking a busy TV role himself with beIN Sport throughout Euro 2016.

It is understood the manager has had reservations about his former captain combining roles since Henry said on Sky in April 2015 that Arsenal would struggle to win the Premier League while Olivier Giroud was the first-choice striker.

Wenger is forming a habit of falling out with club superstars. Patrick Vieira is still hurt by Wenger not offering him a coaching role when he retired in 2011 and is now being groomed to be the future boss of Manchester City.

The hardline approach to Henry comes at a time when Wenger is under consideration for the England job, if the FA are prepared to wait one more season until the end of his current contract.

The Ironic Blasphemy of wengercunto knows No Bounds - he is manager of Arsenal - Is being paid £8,3 Mill a year + Bonuses...and is meant to be sorting all the required transfers during the summer - What has he been doing 'Punditry' - Cannot he not see the 'Irony' of his ultimatum to TH14.

FFS! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Greedy Dictator with tunnel vision....

MrT

Post by MrT »

Watch Henry get offered ridiculous sums of money to coach at another PL club. The meltdown if that happened...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

MrT wrote:Watch Henry get offered ridiculous sums of money to coach at another PL club. The meltdown if that happened...

TH14 & Neville would make a good coaching team. :|

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Brave arsene protecting his kids - oops, players from nasty words again! What a heroic, and totally not ego driven move.

No wonder Vieira is pursuing his career is elsewhere

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

So now we know why he praised Giroud's performances all through the euros's.
He thought it was his duty not to criticise any players from the club he works for.
The French tv company that gave him the summer job should demand their money back from Le Fraud.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I can see why he did it and I can why its good for the fragile ego's of our players ,whether its good for the club short or long term is a different matter.
Wenger hasn't and will not cultivate a successor because he has no intention of going anywhere and having Henry around could be, as others have said, a threat to his totalitarian regime.
When he finally does go I pity the man who takes over because he will have to start again from the medical staff right through the coaching unit because none of them have a clue and are highly paid yes men.
But lets stay positive shall we ,he promised us to win the league in three years in Dec 2014 .
This is the season, so relax and watch us storm the league and have it wrapped by Christmas boys !
Arsene knows !

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Henry now left.

Fucking annoyed about this, these under 18s need expert coaching but wenger's own vanity comes in the way

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Hopefully this will turn more gooners against him

MrT

Post by MrT »

Arsene Wenger's decision to reject Thierry Henry's offer is another sign of Arsenal manager preferring his voice to be the only one heard
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... is-anothe/

Sean

Post by Sean »

That ultimatum from The Old Fraud was fucking laughable. Fucking despotic dictator bastard. It really is all about him.

The ridiculous thing is that Thierry always went easy on us and went out of his way to avoid criticizing Kim Jong-Wenger. And even THAT isn't good enough for the old dinosaur.

Good on Thierry for sticking to his guns and leaving. Although it's a disgrace that TOF has driven away almost all links to our successful sides of the past.

All the more surprising that TA6 has returned to the club :shock:

Just goes to show that ex-players are generally more likely to become pundits rather than coaches, especially if they have to deal with despots like TOF. Sad state of affairs :banghead:
Last edited by Sean on Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

I cannot wait for Henry's first Arsenal game on sky........i hope its everything im dreaming it will be!!