Anyone going to Gothenburg ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
jesper arnsbjerg

Anyone going to Gothenburg ?

Post by jesper arnsbjerg »

Looking forward to a nice weekend in sweden, tickets sold out in Arsenal section so expect a lot of gooners there
in one street three pubs are ".gooners only" 600 seats have been reserved
hope to meet some of you guys

Jesper

Red Snapper

Re: Anyone going to Gothenburg ?

Post by Red Snapper »

Good on you Jesper. Hope you have a good time!

goonertom1995

Post by goonertom1995 »

Fair play, have a good time :)

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Not going but I know someone that lives there. She is the ex-wife of the brother of a friend of mine. She was at our wedding tall girl with their eldest who was about 8 months then. (marriage to Kevinho not Jesper but Jesper attended!) She went home after the split with two boys.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I went to Gothenburg in 1980 with the Arsenal , mental trip but extremely cold ,beer was 5 quid a pint which in 1980 was like 10 times the price if not more that .
Made a fortune selling 70 bottles of chivas regal to some dentists who we met on the first leg at Highbury !

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

I was born there and it would be nice to go there after last visit some 25 years ago. Arsenal played in Helsinki Olympic stadium couple of years ago and the place was packed. I saw hundreds of Walcott shirts there... we Finns really know fuck all about football :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

goonertom1995

Post by goonertom1995 »

3 pubs which are "gooners only" on one street is impressive

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Live in the UK on ITV4

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:Live in the UK on ITV4
@ 7:30 :barscarf:

Ricay

Post by Ricay »

Herd wrote:I went to Gothenburg in 1980 with the Arsenal , mental trip but extremely cold ,beer was 5 quid a pint which in 1980 was like 10 times the price if not more that .
Made a fortune selling 70 bottles of chivas regal to some dentists who we met on the first leg at Highbury !
We went that game too...was a dead rubber after we beat them 5-1 at Highbury....think the game at Gothenburg ended up 0-0 or 1-1. it was freezing game was in March .... slept in the car one night...was ice on the inside of the windows.... remember that we were going to get a hiding in the stadium bogs from some swedes...who all got jumped by a load of Norwegian Arsenal supporters !

Herd

Post by Herd »

those norwegians were mentall a whole train load came down and fought the swedes

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

herd did you do panathaniakos the year after? never hear any stories from anyone about that, only winterslag

Herd

Post by Herd »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:herd did you do panathaniakos the year after? never hear any stories from anyone about that, only winterslag
Yea heres me outside :-) Funny week spent pissing it up in Glyfada ,I came home shatterred !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:herd did you do panathaniakos the year after? never hear any stories from anyone about that, only winterslag
Yea heres me outside :-) Funny week spent pissing it up in Glyfada ,I came home shatterred !

"4 BE 2" t-shirt? Nice. 8)

Herd

Post by Herd »

Yea I made up a batch using haynes T shiorts and a Londsdale Stylee !
Funny how Londsdale was a good name then now its a sports direct eastern european brand !