THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Theoperator

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Theoperator »

Gawd what depressing stuff, the meeedia will move on until the next big loss now.

We will have to keep the noise going but its all so carefully managed now, no real chance, conglomerates would remain full even if we were loosing 18-0 every week :banghead: :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

amazing how Wenger is so proud of his European "achievements" at Arsenal when he has won fuck all at that level.
Even little Leicester City have shown how easy it is to qualify for the last 16 this season.

for some reason he doesnt mention the fact that just TWO years before he joined Arsenal George Graham actually WON the European Cup Winners Cup for Arsenal!

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Seeing the dejection and misery in someone who once-upon-a-time brought us so much joy actually has me feeling a bit sorry for the bastard :shock: :oops:

Why he didn't pack his bags after ending the trophy drought and go out on some sort of high is beyond me :?

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

postmanPat91 wrote:Seeing the dejection and misery in someone who once-upon-a-time brought us so much joy actually has me feeling a bit sorry for the bastard :shock: :oops:

Why he didn't pack his bags after ending the trophy drought and go out on some sort of high is beyond me :?
This ^^

Clash

Post by Clash »

postmanPat91 wrote:Seeing the dejection and misery in someone who once-upon-a-time brought us so much joy actually has me feeling a bit sorry for the bastard :shock: :oops:

I know what you're saying but don't ever feel sorry for him mate ... he brings all this on himself and he has had more chances than he deserved to leave with dignity, as you rightly said at the end there.

Feel sorry for us and for the travelling fans who this fraud never apologies to when they've seen yet another humiliation.

All he does post game is give us his observations i.e. ''we lost a bit of our structure and organisation and were a bit naive''.

There is never a ''sorry'' or any acceptance of responsibility. Instead of telling us what we can see for ourselves, he should be explaining why it happened and what the fuck he plans to do to make sure it doesnt happen again!

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Discraceful from Wenger.

If the original format for the European cup still existed his 'miracle' record of qualifying would be be 0/13 from the last 13 seasons, talk about spinning things to make himself sound good.

Wenger is becoming a sadcase thinking he will still be managing next season, where exactly?, can't see PSG taking him these days and the RM ship sailed a decade ago, going back to Japan sounds about right, they treat their elders with more respect eh Arsene?.

:rubchin:

Clash

Post by Clash »

sk-gtfo wrote:Discraceful from Wenger.

If the original format for the European cup still existed his 'miracle' record of qualifying would be be 0/13 from the last 13 seasons, talk about spinning things to make himself sound good.

Wenger is becoming a sadcase thinking he will still be managing next season, where exactly?, can't see PSG taking him these days and the RM ship sailed a decade ago, going back to Japan sounds about right, they treat their elders with more respect eh Arsene?.

:rubchin:
Yeah exactly, its typical Wenger spin :) .

If someone was to question him on the fact that Arsenal had now conceded 200 goals in the competition, he would point out how the format is different and that it means you have to play more games :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It shows how fucking thick the media and pundits are though. They can never speak about Wenger or his future without dragging up the "qualified for the CL 20 years running" horseshit as if that in itself is a trophy. :roll:

Our last European trophy was won a quarter century ago next year. The club has existed a little over one and a quarter centuries... and it was won by GG, not Wenger. In 9 his years at the helm GG won a major European trophy against all odds. Wenger still hasn't after 20 years.

"Qualifying for" is another way of saying "the taking part is the most important thing". :roll:

I had a football coach in my under 7's team that said that. Brilliantly I'll always remember on the drive home my dear departed dad saying, "Son, forget that. That's what losers say. Winning is all that matters". :lol: 8)

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Oh fuck it I don't know why I still give a shit . TFOC and the corporation formerly known as The Arsenal Football Club deserve each other. They lost my support and "interest in their affairs" when his last contract was extended (well he lost my support long before that buy you know what I mean)

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:It shows how fucking thick the media and pundits are though. They can never speak about Wenger or his future without dragging up the "qualified for the CL 20 years running" horseshit as if that in itself is a trophy. :roll:

Our last European trophy was won a quarter century ago next year. The club has existed a little over one and a quarter centuries... and it was won by GG, not Wenger. In 9 his years at the helm GG won a major European trophy against all odds. Wenger still hasn't after 20 years.

"Qualifying for" is another way of saying "the taking part is the most important thing". :roll:

I had a football coach in my under 7's team that said that. Brilliantly I'll always remember on the drive home my dear departed dad saying, "Son, forget that. That's what losers say. Winning is all that matters". :lol: 8)
Why don't they ask him if he sees all this qualification but lack of advancement, or even improvement every year, as a failure?? ( Imagine how he would bristle) Why is qualifying seen as success?? I keep hearing "Not even Fergie could do it". That Fergie actually won it twice is dismissed as irrelevant. As he spins it....."it's the taking part............"

blair207

Post by blair207 »

I've said it before. In my view the key to getting rid of him is being overtaken by Spurs. This is something that never happens. Spurs are as likely to win the league as us, so that leaves CL qualification as an acid test. Wenger has clung on for years now on the back of finishing above Spurs and CL qualification. If we fail to qualify and they do it will be a major blow to the reasons for him staying. Everyone knows the Europa League is nothing. The be careful what you wish for scenario has arrived when the CL is not reached. If Spurs finish above us and take that CL slot it gives the board and owner a decision, to make. Why? Because no matter how it's spun it will seriously affect the bottom line.
Every groundhog season we endure in a football sense is a highly profitable season for the club and that's what they care about. As soon as we don't qualify the income is affected and the false sense of everything in the garden is rosy is challenged.
No CL football might make it harder to get a manager but it would mean he would start his tenure with a clear focus, build a team to guarantee qualification next year.
Given the closeness of the race for top four this year that would mean building a team capable of a real title challenge.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Thinking about his press conference today I now think Wenger announced he is signing his contract extension.. He said he will manage here or elsewhere next season. Arsenal PLC haven't the wit or desire to move him on. In reality they see no reason to move him on..
It will be business as usual in the Bowl. Next Autumn when Arsenal destroy Huddersfield or some newly promoted side at the Bowl to go top the AKBs and the Keowns etc will tell us the board were correct in keeping him as once again he has proven himself.

blair207

Post by blair207 »

DB10GOONER wrote:It shows how fucking thick the media and pundits are though. They can never speak about Wenger or his future without dragging up the "qualified for the CL 20 years running" horseshit as if that in itself is a trophy. :roll:

Unfortunately the media and the club think getting knocked out at this stage is success. It is, it's financial success not real football success. Money has ruined the game, if has allowed unachievement to be dressed up as relative success.

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

xisstential wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
xisstential wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
augie wrote:

Fcuk off :twisted:
Eloquent as ever I see!

Was that aimed at me, Wenger or both?
Both would be my guess. But then I'm very perceptive
Your previous posts would suggest otherwise :oops:
There are plenty of people on here who will play with you...I'm not one of them...sussed you out yesterday already. Seriously how bored are you..I bet you're one of those obsessive trolling dicks on the DM who post under about 10 different pseudonyms.
A bit ironic that, when you are the only one quoting me! Thanks for stemming the boredom though :)

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

OneBardGooner wrote:Talking of which what does RJW stand for?????

Anyone got any ideas?

Anyway back to the thread...

Wenger is one slippery sneaky cun.t and the Arsenal PR Machine will be working over-time to save their lord and master....As much a sit pains me to say it...Last nights humiliation alone will not be enough (it should be, but it won't) to see him slip out the back door head low for the shame od stealing £9.3 million a year for being a fraudulent cun.t..if the slight momentum against wenger gained last night (and through all the previous humiliations) is to bare fruit, then we need Sutton to beat us and the Scum to annihilate us...and horrible as it sounds (and feels) I would be willing for that to happen if it meant the cun.t was gone at the end of the season.

Wenger to go - then we go after the wiggy cun.t

Both of them deserve evil to be visited upon them as does anyone who still stupid and retarded enough to support either of them.
It's just my initials!