THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Pete on the beach wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
ten20 wrote:AFCAMDEN on twitter saying he has signed the new 2 year contract :roll:
absolutely no doubt he will

the only way he is leaving is when he croaks.....no way he's leaving £9 million a year.....even if he dont know how to spend it :banghead:
The club cannot be happy with the negative publicity but they would never dream of getting rid of the guy who is attracting it so they probably think if Wenger signs we will go away.

I had a chat to Jumpers earlier and if that is the case we need to ramp it up right until the end of the season. Change the banners to GET THE HELL OUT & WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN!!... things along those lines...we might have to ditch the NNC if he's already signed one...we cannot go away though..the club needs the negative publicity heaped upon them.
Yes no going back now , all the way to the end
I understand that but sorry, if he signs I'm done and turning my back on the club completely, this is the last chance saloon for me. That's probably what they want, less proper fans ruining it for the JCLs and tourists but I know when I'm not wanted, unlike our c.unt of a so called "manager".

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

I feel the exact same Leyton. I'm barely clinging on as a fan at this stage - feels like there's already 99 nails in the coffin - but if he signs the extension, that's it for me. Done and dusted, and I won't ever be back.

Honestly never wanted or thought it could come to this, but here we are. The club only generates negative energy from me at this stage, and life's too short to persevere with something that makes me so miserable.

Fuck you Wenger you selfish prick.

ten20

Post by ten20 »

Same here, I will do as much as I can in the protests these next 2 months.

However come August if he is still manager I quit.

Pete on the beach

Post by Pete on the beach »

ten20 wrote:Same here, I will do as much as I can in the protests these next 2 months.

However come August if he is still manager I quit.
Actually I'm heading that way too, I meant to the end of the season. I've found myself edging away gradually as it is the past 5 years , and although you never go out of your way to find another club, I've found myself getting more and more into Brighton & hove Albion, since I've lived down here , and if people ask me who I support I tend to say ' Arsenal, but on loan to brighton' , might have to make that a full transfer if he signs on again. I've kind of got into the whole way the club is imbedded into the community down here ,which comes from what they have been through in losing the goldstone and nearly going out of business , under the Archer regime, and taking years to get the stadium they have now, helps there having a good few seasons and will hopefully make the prem next season.

However I know what one says and what one does can be different things, so I hope I have the balls to go through with it.

Babu

Post by Babu »

I "gave up" a few years ago because of Wenger, but you'll find it's not that easy. The Arsenal is inside each one of us.
Am back now because of the protests, and we will get him out...eventually.
If he signs another contract then we hound him out during the next spell.

Pete on the beach

Babu wrote:I "gave up" a few years ago because of Wenger, but you'll find it's not that easy. The Arsenal is inside each one of us.

Nice one baby I'll nick that for twitter

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Blood_Gooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
ten20 wrote:AFCAMDEN on twitter saying he has signed the new 2 year contract :roll:

the only way he is leaving is when he croaks.....no way he's leaving £9 million a year.....even if he dont know how to spend it :banghead:
I've been saying this ad nauseum. The charlatan, the old boys club we call The Board and wiggy hardly give a fuck about a few noisy peasants marching and singing in the streets. Said charlatan has been and continues to be their cash cow. Why fuck up a good thing? To compound it, the soulless bowl is still sold out every match day.

I say again that only mortality can rescue the club from the iron grip of TOF.
Agree with everything but your last sentence blood. The one person that could hold the key is Usmanov.

One sentence from him could tip things our way so it's so frustrating not to know what his next move might be.
Usmanov himself seems to be a great admirer of TOF. Don't underestimate the cunning and craft of that slithering serpent.

Babu

Post by Babu »

Pete on the beach wrote:
Babu wrote:I "gave up" a few years ago because of Wenger, but you'll find it's not that easy. The Arsenal is inside each one of us.
Be my guest!

But don't call me baby! :oops:

Pete on the beach

Babu wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:
Be my guest!

Oops! Typo :lol:

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Blood_Gooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

I've been saying this ad nauseum. The charlatan, the old boys club we call The Board and wiggy hardly give a fuck about a few noisy peasants marching and singing in the streets. Said charlatan has been and continues to be their cash cow. Why fuck up a good thing? To compound it, the soulless bowl is still sold out every match day.

I say again that only mortality can rescue the club from the iron grip of TOF.
It's got nothing to do with the money, he could go to China and earn double that. It's all about the power he has at Arsenal and the hero worship from the board, the idiot fans and the media. He sees himself as one of the worlds best managers, if not the best, striding like a Colossus across the European stage. That's why competitions like the league cup are treated with such contempt, he sees himself way above all that.

There is no club in the world where he will wield the power he does at Arsenal and ANY club with aspirations will demand results....whereas at Arsenal he has set the bar at top 4....and even worse convinced thousands of our idiot supporters and the press that that is a massive achievement. This is ALL about him, the press were actually talking about him turning the season around before he will re sign. Turn it around, how?? Top 4, that's how, that's his benchmark, that is what we must accept, otherwise be seen as ingrates. It's just all so depressing. He won't get away with that at ANY club with aspirations.

You think he doesn't know that???
I think you might have misunderstood bits of my post here. I made no mention of money being his motive for staying here. I'm saying the powers that be won't bat their eyelids at any calls to get shot of TOF. This as he keeps the cash rolling in every season. He's their safe bet and I don't see them fucking that up on the back of a few dissenting voices.

Babu

Post by Babu »

Pete on the beach wrote:
Babu wrote:
No worries sweety! :wink:

Someone mentioned Wenger going the way of Clough the other day.

I had the same idea a while ago.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Babu wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:
Babu wrote:

:D

At least Clough had the excuse of being ruined by being a drunk ... Wenger stone cold sober is just a cuunt

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Clash wrote:
Babu wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:
Babu wrote:

:D

At least Clough had the excuse of being ruined by being a drunk ... Wenger stone cold sober is just a cuunt
Yes it was me that mentioned Clough and the similarities are frightening.

The autonomy they had and in the face of everything that needed to change both became more stubborn more cantankerous and couldn't see that they were hurting their clubs in Clough's case then and Wenger now more and more.Clough was at his peak with Peter Taylor coaching like Wenger was in some ways with David Dein being a football man that understood the game.Challenged Wenger and made signings by negotiating and flexibility.Taylor scouted players and was a buffer between the players and Clough they worked as well as any coaching team could.Taylor left things went downhill Dein left and so has Wenger and Arsenal.The younger fans on here read up on Clough and you will be surprised how much then mirrors our situation now.

I stopped going regularly since we moved to the bowl Arsenal will always be in me.Too many years invested growing up with this club.
The amount of true fans that have walked away is frightening my last game was 2013.I had seen enough.

The 2014 cup final was a great chance for a 64 year old man to walk away with his head held high even 2015.We ended a trophy drought overseen by Wenger many like myself felt relief because I was sick about hearing how many years we had gone without a trophy.The bare truth is what shape when he does go will we be left in.

No new contract team sheet not balance sheet.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

One big difference between Brian Clough and Wenger = Brian Clough won the European Cup. Twice!!

Wenger's had more than 20 goes and still not won it. I reckon he could have 20 more goes and still not get close. :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:One big difference between Brian Clough and Wenger = Brian Clough won the European Cup. Twice!!

Wenger's had more than 20 goes and still not won it. I reckon he could have 20 more goes and still not get close. :banghead:

Clough was no fraud...one of the truly great managers