#WengerOut Fundraising Campaign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: #WengerOut Fundraising Campaign

Post by TeeCee »

Just donated £30, would love to be there to help out but am there in spirit!

WONGA OUT!!

mojokickin

Post by mojokickin »

Donation made. Get the old sod out!! :barscarf:
Wish I was back there but will be in spirit.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

xisstential wrote:Guys we need people to make contact & co ordinate things...made some enquiries we can get 500 red and white balloons with WENGER OUT on them for about £170 ...is that an option?? 50 guys at the protest each holding 10..get together at the stadium, press and tv there, then release them. Will look pretty good..500 balloons is a BIG statement.

Thought???
Volunteers for blowing them up lol!... :shock:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Donation made.

Well done chaps, it says a lot that regular people are giving what they can, while the egotistical Old Fraud just keeps taking.

WENGER OUT

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

just made my promised 10% of the plane cost for my donation. Lets keep it going.....

Im ok with the balloon idea, Can we do this with helium somewhere ?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

mattyb wrote:just made my promised 10% of the plane cost for my donation. Lets keep it going.....

Sent you a PM

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
mattyb wrote:just made my promised 10% of the plane cost for my donation. Lets keep it going.....

Sent you a PM
is this balloon idea inside or outside the ground?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Sent you a PM
We have been talking about that this morning, trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on it. It will have to be outside, there is no way we are getting 500 balloons in. We were thinking of getting the 500...red & white, with WENGER OUT in black. Get them prepped 2 hours before, then have say 50 of us carrying them on a string in bundles of 10 and releasing all 500 at a designated time just outside the stadium. Obviously inside would be better but that isn't gonna happen.

It's different and fairly cheap..the beach balls are £10 each..including the artwork.

Any thoughts??

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Donated, excellent work guys!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Sent you a PM
We have been talking about that this morning, trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on it. It will have to be outside, there is no way we are getting 500 balloons in. We were thinking of getting the 500...red & white, with WENGER OUT in black. Get them prepped 2 hours before, then have say 50 of us carrying them on a string in bundles of 10 and releasing all 500 at a designated time just outside the stadium. Obviously inside would be better but that isn't gonna happen.

It's different and fairly cheap..the beach balls are £10 each..including the artwork.

Any thoughts??
i'm honestly not convinced that releasing balloons outside a stadium is going to achieve anything but fair enough if you want to go ahead with it.
sorry for being a bit negative on that one. chucking a couple of beach balls onto the pitch would be a decent idea though (especially if you throw them from block 1 8) )

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Would getting some "Wenger Out," or other type badges made be a good idea?
Firstly you can obviously wear them to promote the campaign,but we could also sell them to raise funds.

ten20

Post by ten20 »

£1755 now.

Plane covered and we now have over a grand to get very creative, lets get our thinking heads on and RAMP IT UP :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Sent you a PM

Any thoughts??
i'm honestly not convinced that releasing balloons outside a stadium is going to achieve anything but fair enough if you want to go ahead with it.
sorry for being a bit negative on that one. chucking a couple of beach balls onto the pitch would be a decent idea though (especially if you throw them from block 1 8) )
I'm not married to the balloon idea that much...so lets get 30 beach balls on order. Have we got 30 volunteers to get them into the ground...blow them up and co ordinate a release time. So step forward the chosen 30.

I'm serious, I need 30 volunteers as the order will take 2 weeks.

Pete on the beach

Post by Pete on the beach »

xisstential wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Sent you a PM

Any thoughts??
if it would keep costs further down, I or Babu could do the artwork

Babu

Post by Babu »

I think the beach ball idea is brilliant!

Just another thought...

What about throwing a load of garlic bulbs onto the pitch?

Garlic is cheap, everyone can get a couple of bulbs of garlic in.
And it would make headlines.