Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bob Bayliss

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 2nd April 14:30 Man City (H)

Post by Bob Bayliss »

VoiceOfReason wrote:Hiring that Wenger impersonator to walk around with a fourth placed trophy is pure gold. Has my vote!

I am sure we can get some brownie points for injecting some humour in our campaign, which I am sure would attract more to get involved if only for a laugh. We'd get loads to sing "There's only two Arsene Wengers" when they see him......
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clash

Post by Clash »

I must say I love Bards idea of the George Graham masks. Think it would be a good response to Wenger's pathetic attempts to belittle everything that happened at the club before he got there.

Also, as it stands I am meant to be at a Christening on the Sunday of this City game. I know where I'd rather be so if I pretend to be sick to miss the Christening them I'm gonna need some sort of mask in case I'm spotted at the protest :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

General wrote:Could also try doing something at the training ground.
:rubchin:

In all honesty I think it's a little late to start doing Tactics, Practicing Defending from Set Pieces and How To Tackle. :D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:Hiring that Wenger impersonator to walk around with a fourth placed trophy is pure gold. Has my vote!

I am sure we can get some brownie points for injecting some humour in our campaign, which could only attract more to get involved if only for a laugh. We'd get loads to sing "There's only two Arsene Wengers" when they see him......
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah! and I bet this one can do up a feckin' Zip! :D

ten20

Post by ten20 »

The impersonator with the 4th place trophy in hand to lead the march :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Re: Wenger Out protest, Saturday 11th March 4pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Clash wrote:Great post Bard.

Not sure how you didn't react to those ugly women with the ''you're not Arsenal'' jibe. It made my blood boil reading that!
Cheers Clash....The ugly women were just that - non-people as far as I'm concerned - Not because they were repulsive - It was their 'energy' and attitude' that was ugly - Obviously oblivious to the facts, I really didn't let it or them bother me, I was more concerned that some Gooners in the protest might react and as I said undo a whole load of very good work. I just focused on the job in hand it felt really good to be able to vent just a little of the anger and frustration that I have been feeliing about Wenger and the way the club has tried to totally dis-empower the fans. By doing this - we have proven they have failed.

Which is why I urge All and Any Gooners to get along to the protests even if you have to travel a long way and can only do One Protest it is worth it and will help the cause - beside believe me you'll feel Great!

btw: I did meet a number of Gooners off here but cannot remember their (online names) so apologies if I have miss ed anyone - I had a text earlier to say I had wrongly credited Jumpers *& his Lad for doing the A4 Tick Tock 10 to Two sheets, again I apologise - Jumpers & his lad were distributing them so I thought he had done them.

Excellent interview by Mark as well btw! :high5: :D

For what it's worth I really don't think we should demonstrate if we play the Filth in the semi's or final???? - nor of course at the toilet - those for me is the only No Go Zone/Occasion. Other than that Let's Make the Clueless Fraud Squirm.

#WENGER OUT!

:barscarf: . :barscarf: . :barscarf: WEXIT :barscarf: . :barscarf: . :barscarf:

One Bard, wasn't having a dig at you about handing out the A4 leaflets, it was tongue in cheek, which is why I used the :wink: . Good to meet you anyway mate, been reading this forum for years and when you've been reading a name for that length of time, it's nice to put a face to it....even in your case :D :D :wink: :wink:
No, I now mate - Just didn't realise.

Oi! Yer cheeky fuckka! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry mate when did we meet - saturday's a bit of a blur especially as I'd had only 3 hours sleep in 2 days... :?

:wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:
Theoperator wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:Another idea is staring us in the face ( someone's sort of mentioned a variation the other day) how about we hire the best wenger look alike we can find and get him just to walk around the ground with a 4th place trophy/ and or handing out leaflets with some of his stupidest quotes on ?

Not only would a lot of people laugh it would get a connected msg across and wenger the club would hate it and be able to do FA about it

Does this guy fit the bill?

http://www.alistlookalikes.co.uk/lookal ... ID=697&S=1
Im sure that basic masks would do as good a job, that way we could get a good number to hand out leaflets. One to hand out to 60,000 doesnt quite go. I like that idea :barscarf:

They cost around £3 each, could they be got before WBA :barscarf:
Do both. Look a like to carry 4 th place trophy
And impersonate, us lot with masks to hand leaflets out

Fucking hell, better get half a dozen burly minders around the look-alike, he'll get lynched either by angry akb's, or by wob's thinking he's the real thing. Poor bastard won't have a prayer :D :D
Just means we don't have to pay him ! :lol: Only Jokkkking!!! :wink:

shu

Post by shu »

You need to be able to publicise this site , just how many people know about the next march ? The message needs to get out there , that way more may turn up . Sorry if this has already been covered , just trying to help.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Bob Bayliss wrote:

I am sure we can get some brownie points for injecting some humour in our campaign, which could only attract more to get involved if only for a laugh. We'd get loads to sing "There's only two Arsene Wengers" when they see him......

I was only half joking when I said that a Wenger look-alike might get clumped by the akb's, but you're right Bob, it is a nice idea and funny too. If he is at the front of the protest group, then he'll be safe and to have him carrying a crappy trophy with "4th Place" emblazoned on it would be hilarious.

This is the type of thing that will get right under Wenger's skin, personal stuff that takes the piss out of him. The media love this sort of thing too. While "No New Contract" and "Wenger Out" banners are necessary, they'll roll off the Old Fraud like water off a duck's back, but personal shit like this and about his 8 million a year, his piss poor record against the top six etc, will grate with him and his huge ego.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Actually we could just buy a few beers for some 67yr old who is skinny, 6ft tall who can do a french accent and struggles with a zip! Sorteddd! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:

I was only half joking when I said that a Wenger look-alike might get clumped by the akb's, but you're right Bob, it is a nice idea and funny too. If he is at the front of the protest group, then he'll be safe and to have him carrying a crappy trophy with "4th Place" emblazoned on it would be hilarious.

This is the type of thing that will get right under Wenger's skin, personal stuff that takes the piss out of him. The media love this sort of thing too. While "No New Contract" and "Wenger Out" banners are necessary, they'll roll off the Old Fraud like water off a duck's back, but personal shit like this and about his 8 million a year, his piss poor record against the top six etc, will grate with him and his huge ego.
This ^^^ 100% :barscarf:

I can imagine some dumbasfuck AKB coming up and actually asking for his autograph - at which point he writes - "I Re-sign" :lol: :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Not sure how you didn't react to those ugly women with the ''you're not Arsenal'' jibe. It made my blood boil reading that!
Cheers Clash....The ugly women were just that - non-people as far as I'm concerned - Not because they were repulsive - It was their 'energy' and attitude' that was ugly - Obviously oblivious to the facts, I really didn't let it or them bother me, I was more concerned that some Gooners in the protest might react and as I said undo a whole load of very good work. I just focused on the job in hand it felt really good to be able to vent just a little of the anger and frustration that I have been feeliing about Wenger and the way the club has tried to totally dis-empower the fans. By doing this - we have proven they have failed.

Which is why I urge All and Any Gooners to get along to the protests even if you have to travel a long way and can only do One Protest it is worth it and will help the cause - beside believe me you'll feel Great!

btw: I did meet a number of Gooners off here but cannot remember their (online names) so apologies if I have miss ed anyone - I had a text earlier to say I had wrongly credited Jumpers *& his Lad for doing the A4 Tick Tock 10 to Two sheets, again I apologise - Jumpers & his lad were distributing them so I thought he had done them.

For what it's worth I really don't think we should demonstrate if we play the Filth in the semi's or final???? - nor of course at the toilet - those for me is the only No Go Zone/Occasion. Other than that Let's Make the Clueless Fraud Squirm.

#WENGER OUT!

One Bard, wasn't having a dig at you about handing out the A4 leaflets, it was tongue in cheek, which is why I used the :wink: . Good to meet you anyway mate, been reading this forum for years and when you've been reading a name for that length of time, it's nice to put a face to it....even in your case :D :D :wink: :wink:

Sorry mate when did we meet - saturday's a bit of a blur especially as I'd had only 3 hours sleep in 2 days... :?

:D :D I was introduced to you and Sean by Jumpers, outside the Marble Halls before the march....I handed you and Sean one of the bleedin' A4 leaflets !! I told you how impressed I was with the journey you made to be there and I am. Well done mate.

WENGER OUT !!!

armchair

Post by armchair »

There was a mobile, digital billboard right opposite the steps at the bear roundabout on saturday.
It was there tight up to kick-off.
Dunno if it was there after the game though.
That'd be a good spot to assemble and with a megaphone
Last edited by armchair on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

#WENGER OUT!

:D :D I was introduced to you and Sean by Jumpers, outside the Marble Halls before the march....I handed you and Sean one of the bleedin' A4 leaflets !! I told you how impressed I was with the journey you made to be there and I am. Well done mate.

WENGER OUT !!!

:duh: :duh: :duh:

Ohhhhh!

Naaaah! still eludes me :lol: :wink:

Only joking Yes, now I remember you. "thank you" btw and yes it wasa Good Day...Next protest we're both at we can 'ave a pint'.

:cheers: :barscarf:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Sean wrote:Yes to the billboard, especially if they can get close to the ground. Is it possible to do a message blimp over Cashburton, or is that covered by the no fly zone too?
Over £1,800 in the kitty now :barscarf:
Is the plane for the Citeh game a no go then?
If so,let me know so I can stop telling people who say,"You Arsenal fans always spit your dummy out,then fall back in line." that it is happening. :roll:
To be fair though,I read on a previous post that it was booked from 12-1,so it may not have been effective as it is a 4pm kick off,it would have just been flying over an empty bowl, because most people would be in the local boozers,or in the case of the Tourists,in the club shops.