Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 2nd April 14:30 Man City (H)

Post by Gunner Rob »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:never thought things would be so bad at the club our hopes were pinned on some clouds dissapearing and the wind speed slowing :oops: :(
Yeah fuck the team news, I am more interested if it is windy in Birmingham :lol:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:never thought things would be so bad at the club our hopes were pinned on some clouds dissapearing and the wind speed slowing :oops: :(
Yeah fuck the team news, I am more interested if it is windy in Birmingham :lol:
Gardners World forecast on BBC 2 just said dry,mild,and cloudy over the Midlands Saturday.
I don't normally watch,but assumed that it would be a pretty accurate forecast,like the farming one

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Gardners World forecast on BBC 2 just said dry,mild,and cloudy over the Midlands Saturday.
I don't normally watch,but assumed that it would be a pretty accurate forecast,like the farming one
Gardeners world :shock: :shock: :rubchin: Oh yes, planning to Turf him out and the rest of the weeds :barscarf:

MecurialGooner

Post by MecurialGooner »

So disappointing right now. very frustrated :banghead:

General

Post by General »

The wind is the real issue not the actual weather.
Last edited by General on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

NickF wrote:To be fair, the BBC is listing 40mph wind around Birmingham at midnight, which I'd imagine would be pretty bad in a light aircraft.
However by tomorrow morning it is say 13mph, shame the company weren't prepared to make the call tomorrow AM.
Guys..please bear with us...there is a lot of people behind the scenes doing a lot of work to get things to happen...flash isnt far off possibly about the club etc..but i can say there are some dark forces out there that we have been battling all day..cant say more than that for now..bit we are working by pm behind the scenes...our boys have been on this since 6 am this morning...

Lets see what the weather and the day brings tomorrow..cheers..

General

Post by General »

Well done mattyb keep pushing guys.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

mattyb wrote:
NickF wrote:To be fair, the BBC is listing 40mph wind around Birmingham at midnight, which I'd imagine would be pretty bad in a light aircraft.
However by tomorrow morning it is say 13mph, shame the company weren't prepared to make the call tomorrow AM.
Guys..please bear with us...there is a lot of people behind the scenes doing a lot of work to get things to happen...flash isnt far off possibly about the club etc..but i can say there are some dark forces out there that we have been battling all day..cant say more than that for now..bit we are working by pm behind the scenes...our boys have been on this since 6 am this morning...

Good Luck :barscarf:

ten20

Post by ten20 »

mattyb wrote:

Good work mate, it is very much appreciated :high5:

Really hope things work out in our favour and we can carry on the momentum till end of the season.

MecurialGooner

Post by MecurialGooner »

mattyb wrote:

Hoping for the best :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

mattyb wrote:

Keep up the good fight lads, you can only do your best :barscarf:

Here's to Banner over Brum :barscarf:

UTA :barscarf:

Pete on the beach

Post by Pete on the beach »

Eye witness Weather report from West Bromwich, as I'm staying over at the premier inn, my hotel window looks in direction of hawthorns There's quite a lot of thick cloud and it's moving so I would say it's not looking good at this stage, but I'm no expert.

Matty will update in due course

Newb_Russ

Post by Newb_Russ »

Also no expert but have done skydive displays in the past always talking to the pilot. You should check the aviation forecast. I think cloud base is a problem today, beteeen 35 and 150 metres. That low flying to enable banner to be seen coupled with towing it in moderate winds over a city area is probably not allowed. Especially with new rules on display flying. Just my thought. Hope it works out.
Wenger out.

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

Newb_Russ wrote:Also no expert but have done skydive displays in the past always talking to the pilot. You should check the aviation forecast. I think cloud base is a problem today, beteeen 35 and 150 metres. That low flying to enable banner to be seen coupled with towing it in moderate winds over a city area is probably not allowed. Especially with new rules on display flying. Just my thought. Hope it works out.
Wenger out.
Yes you are right mate..i would say there are various factors that are considered..ive no experience like most, but someone pointed out that the ground is one of the highest above sea level about 600m...you mentioned cloud level which when low doesnt give much space to get flying...but we live in hope that clouds rise..winds and gusts reduce and visibility improves...lets hope we get the right mix...

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

The suspense! Will it, won't it? Hoping that we are good to go.....you'll wait a long time to be certain of clear blue skies in England.

If there are darker forces conspiring against us, however, that may prove a more significant obstacle to flying than a Wenger-grey day. .