Red Star Belgrade Home UEFA Cup *positive posts only*

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Henry Norris 1913

Re: Red Star Belgrade Home UEFA Cup *positive posts only*

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:42 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:33 pm
Until all the third placed CL teams come in we're the best equipped squad in the tournament. I think we all know what will happen then...
looking at the groups now, half way through, the teams in 3rd are average too mate. Athletico, Spartak Moscow :? and Celtic :? :? being the best of them
gonna admit i didn't check :lol:

but still, can't be confident with facing atletico, even if they're pony this season, celtic...i don't know, they've given munich and man city games in recent years.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

JoshIM2150 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:07 pm
It looks like our first team was in training today. No youngsters in sight.

The first team usually get today off in preparation for the weekend PL game.
Is it likely that Wenger will play all, if not some, of your first team in tomorrow's game? And send the youngsters to City? :lol:

Or..play the first teamers tomorrow and again Sunday to give him the "jaded" excuse after the inevitable heavy defeat Sunday...

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

flash gunner wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Until all the third placed CL teams come in we're the best equipped squad in the tournament. I think we all know what will happen then...
looking at the groups now, half way through, the teams in 3rd are average too mate. Athletico, Spartak Moscow :? and Celtic :? :? being the best of them
You're looking at the teams dropping down...I bet it's a team already in the comp who knocks us out..somebody like Lyon. I wish I was watching the Arsenal you've been watching this season.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Dortmund looking like they could drop down too and we're not exactly brilliant against them honours are pretty even but who'd back us against them in a knockout match :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Exactly, at this stage we look a good shout.
When the 3rd place champions league teams drop in - we will be found out, yet again.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Looks like Napoli will be dropping down too

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Napoli, AC Milan, Dortmund and Atletico Madrid. The UEFA Cup could get very interesting in the latter rounds 8) - bloody great stuff.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

If some of the "First" team are playing tonight does that mean Feo may not get the captains' armband or even a start !!!. Now that's a positive move ??. :barscarf: :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:26 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
You're looking at the teams dropping down...I bet it's a team already in the comp who knocks us out..somebody like Lyon. I wish I was watching the Arsenal you've been watching this season.
Cheer up mate FFS

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:25 am
xisstential wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Cheer up mate FFS
I'm fine...I just choose to live in reality. Bad enough we have to put up with Wenger...I have no intention of morphing into him, and his absurd view of his football team.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:34 am
flash gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:25 am
xisstential wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Cheer up mate FFS
I'm fine...I just choose to live in reality. Bad enough we have to put up with Wenger...I have no intention of morphing into him, and his absurd view of his football team.
Enjoy the ride dude. In all seriousness this is a forum for everyone not just your forum. If someone wants to be positive and enjoy Arsenal and the competitions we are in they should be allowed to without ridicule. I want Wenger out as much, if not more than you but doesnt mean i cant enjoy or look forward to watching my team. I might not make post where i call everyone C**TS in caps and appear to screech and scream like some or only negative like others.

As DB10 said before if you cant get ANY enjoyment from Arsenal time to watch another sport or past time or p**s off down the scum :D

Herd

Post by Herd »

I am positive I wont be going to watch it but I might make a trip down Holloway road for a pint !

NickF

Post by NickF »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:13 am

Enjoy the ride dude. In all seriousness this is a forum for everyone not just your forum. If someone wants to be positive and enjoy Arsenal and the competitions we are in they should be allowed to without ridicule. I want Wenger out as much, if not more than you but doesnt mean i cant enjoy or look forward to watching my team. I might not make post where i call everyone C**TS in caps and appear to screech and scream like some or only negative like others.

As DB10 said before if you cant get ANY enjoyment from Arsenal time to watch another sport or past time or p**s off down the scum :D
Agreed people shouldn't be ridiculed but they can be challenged on their views otherwise what's the point of a forum?
Also, IMO anyone who posts "p**s off down the scum" has already lost their argument.

Personally, I don't get any enjoyment from the Arsenal (something I hate Wenger/Kroenke/Gazidis for) so this is the first season in 30 that I haven't gone to any games.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

NickF wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:06 am
flash gunner wrote:

Agreed people shouldn't be ridiculed but they can be challenged on their views otherwise what's the point of a forum?
Also, IMO anyone who posts "p**s off down the scum" has already lost their argument.

Personally, I don't get any enjoyment from the Arsenal (something I hate Wenger/Kroenke/Gazidis for) so this is the first season in 30 that I haven't gone to any games.
This is a genuine question mate...... Why are you on the forum? an Arsenal forum?........ You still have enjoyment, we all do, you cant switch it off.

We all hate Gazidis/Kroenke and Wenger (some or all of them) but the love of Arsenal will always be there or you wouldnt be here

NickF

Post by NickF »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:12 am
NickF wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:06 am
flash gunner wrote:

This is a genuine question mate...... Why are you on the forum? an Arsenal forum?........ You still have enjoyment, we all do, you cant switch it off.

We all hate Gazidis/Kroenke and Wenger (some or all of them) but the love of Arsenal will always be there or you wouldnt be here
I am on the forum simply because I love The Arsenal and after 30 years you cannot just switch off.
But I do hate everything about the modern Arsenal.

As you probably know I've been heavily involved in the protests for the last few years. It just got to a point where you are standing in the North Bank in April, the crowd is 10-15k down of capacity, the place is absolutely silent and the players are going through the motions. Add to the fact most people really don't seem to care past whether we win or lose that game. I just thought it has been like this for years now and I actually don't enjoy this anymore.

My real hope is that when Wenger leaves we maybe able to get someone in who can give this club the kickstart that it so desperately needs.