When Sanchez goes

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
elpelsarmy

Re: When Sanchez goes

Post by elpelsarmy »

Didnt Wenger say about 18 months ago that after RVP we would not and don't need to sell to Utd ever again??
Where the fuck is our club going?
When was the last time a major player did what Sanchez is doing to us to United, Chavs or City? Only us!!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Other clubs move into the transfer market, they target a player, and they move to get him, it either happens or it falls flat within about a week, sometimes quicker (unless they are dealing with Arsenal)

With us, every deal, whether buying or selling, the saga drags on and on and on until everybody is sick to death about hearing it. If the deal happens or collapses it's normally in the final hour of the final day of the window (Ozil, Lemar, Sanchez...) The only time Wenger moves quickly is to pick up a freebie.

I suspect these drawn out sagas are to do with the fact that nobody can make a decision without getting the nod from Wenger. It's absolutely infuriating that one man can cause such chaos in every department of the club :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I suspect it's the constant haggling to squeeze every last penny from the sale (Fergie mentioned that specifically about Wenger regarding van Persie) and the haggling to drive the price down when we try buy a player (usually resulting in us losing out)

Is there anything that Wenger does properly.... not forgetting that this Sanchez/Ozil mess is ALL down to his mismanagement.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:10 pm
Didnt Wenger say about 18 months ago that after RVP we would not and don't need to sell to Utd ever again??
When was the last time a major player did what Sanchez is doing to us to United, Chavs or City? Only us!!
We aren’t selling, we’re swapping him for Mkhi

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Kingralph wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:30 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
How often to 'swap' deals ever happen?, firstly does Sanchez want to go to United over City?, City know they can get him for free in the summer, hell they don't even need him this season as they've effectively already won the PL, then does Mkhitaryan even want to come to Arsenal?.

I think Sanchez will end up at City regardless of all the noise going around about United and Chelsea.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Kingralph wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:
oh good that's ok then, because he is just as good as Sanchez? They are getting the better player end of, Mikh is a player they don't want, a player we do want is leaving us for them.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:40 pm
Kingralph wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:
oh good that's ok then, because he is just as good as Sanchez? They are getting the better player end of, Mikh is a player they don't want, a player we do want is leaving us for them.
I didn’t say it was good. I was just correcting what had been said. Personally I’d be happy with the transfer window if it meant Walcott, Sanchez, Debuchy and Coquelin out and Aube, Malcom and Mkhi in

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Kingralph wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:32 pm
Personally I’d be happy with the transfer window if it meant Walcott, Sanchez, Debuchy and Coquelin out and Aube, Malcom and Mkhi in
I guess this is fair but lets be honest does anyone think we'll get three incoming deals done in January?, we might get two at best and that wont be enough, even 3 isn't really because we have so many other issues to deal with thanks to the mess Wenger is leaving (thanks to the wiggy one giving him another 2 years to f*ck things up further).

:banghead:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Kingralph wrote:
I didn’t say it was good. I was just correcting what had been said. Personally I’d be happy with the transfer window if it meant Walcott, Sanchez, Debuchy and Coquelin out and Aube, Malcom and Mkhi in
Aubameyang, yes the other two no thanks.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Kingralph wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:
Kingralph wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:
It doesn't matter who comes...as long as Wenger is there, the team, the play, the structure and the results will be chaotic.

I often watch other teams and I see players like de Bruyne, Salah, Aguero, etc.......and I wish we had them, then it immediately crosses my mind that it wouldn't matter...they would soon become disillusioned, get dragged down to the level of the dregs around them and become just another average player.

As long as Wenger is there it does not matter who comes, nothing will change...Tbh I cannot believe anybody decent would want to come.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:03 pm
Kingralph wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:
Kingralph wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:
It doesn't matter who comes...as long as Wenger is there, the team, the play, the structure and the results will be chaotic.

I often watch other teams and I see players like de Bruyne, Salah, Aguero, etc.......and I wish we had them, then it immediately crosses my mind that it wouldn't matter...they would soon become disillusioned, get dragged down to the level of the dregs around them and become just another average player.

As long as Wenger is there it does not matter who comes, nothing will change...Tbh I cannot believe anybody decent would want to come.
^^ This. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Personally I think he'll go to citeh on a free in May.

But

This latest shit of Mkhitaryan and no cash for Sanchez is absolutely shocking and indicative of how the media morons now view us. If it happened? A manure reject for our best player of the last half a decade? What lunacy would that be? Oh, right - THIS is why we moved from Highbury... to become a fucking laughing stock feeder club. :oops: :roll: :censored:

The Triumvirate of Evil that is Wenger/Kroenke/Gazidis have anally fucking raped us as a club and left us the butt (pun intended bitches) of shower room jokes, lying there covered in our own shit and the rapists' accumulated jizz. :censored: :x

SteveO - sing that fucking song, mate.... :suicide:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

elpelsarmy wrote:
I am sure he cannot recall that statement, age and forgetfulness go hand in hand mon cherie!...

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

It'll probably be the last great player we have at the club for a while,not including Ramsey obviously

augie

Post by augie »

"Funny thing about sanchez's proposed move to manure is that I keep reading/hearing about a £35m fee, but I also hear rumours suggesting that that armenian mickeysomethingorother is going to be part of the deal - is it possible that no money will change hands ?? Surely the mancs wont give us the armenian and much cash for a guy with 6 months remaining on his contract ? I suspect some crafty fudging of figures if this deal goes through - the clubs will release statements suggesting that manure have paid £35m for sanchez, and then in a seperate deal we have paid £30m or thereabouts for their guy and that doesnt please me."

I posted the above yesterday afternoon on the transfer thread and I am amazed that it has taken until now for the media to start digging deeper on the money involved in this proposed deal :shock: They were never gonna give us the Armenian guy AND £35m, so why did nobody investigate the financial details and exactly how much cash we are gonna receive ?

My stance hasn't changed .......... sell him to citeeh now for £20m or bite the bullet and make him see out the last 6 months and write off any transfer fee, but ffs DO NOT sell him to manure :evil:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Truly amazing at the Mafia style of ownership and so called management we have...
Not only have we lost a world class player, something tells me Sanchez Sussex Wenger out and thought to himself "fuck that for a game of soldiers"
If it was me I personally would not have gone to MU, I would have made Wengers life hell until fucking off for a Free in the summer, that might have stirred Kronski Beats' Bowels!....