AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Re: AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

Post by 1989 »

wilko49er wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:47 pm
Atletico being held 0-0 at Alaves. Torres just had a pen saved 70 min ...Whoopee :rubchin:
They won 1-0.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

we will win 3-0

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

flash gunner wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:11 pm
we will win 3-0
And then you will wake up.. :roll:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

We couldn't beat them when they were down to 10 men for 80mins at our place :oops: They were desperate to get away with a 1-0 and we still fucked it up :|
They will tear us a new arsehole over there..no doubt our pair of Sharon's at centre back will get fingerfucked(DB10 :D )and flung all over the place :|

brucers

Post by brucers »

Whilst I don't expect us to go through there is a glimmer of hope. Madrid being a defensive outfit may play for a nil nil. We have to score and if we do Madrid could be in trouble depending on how late a goal we get. They will have to open up and risk us getting a second on the counter. Even if Madrid do get a goal it does not change our need to get one regardless.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Lacazette is not a lone striker and will be horrendously isolated.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:01 am
Lacazette is not a lone striker and will be horrendously isolated.
^^This.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Wenger has had over 20 years to succeed in Europe. And he has had every year to get more and more acclimatised to it...to get better at it. And he had years where he attempted it with arguably one of the best teams assembled at AFC. Now, he is going away, with arguably one of the worst teams assembled at AFC (certainly the worst defence) against a very good manager, with a well set up side and a good record in the CL league and .......well, need I say more. Big ask!!

The team need to play out of their skins but tbh there are a lot of players in the team who cannot lift their game to the next level because what we have seen this entire season is their level. Does anybody think Mustafi, Iwobi, Xhaka can lift their game.....I don't. Can you imagine the aforementioned three in the CL :shock: :shock: :shock:

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:
we will win 3-0

No more "and all will be rosy in the garden" - I miss those days :wink: :lol: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:29 am
flash gunner wrote:
we will win 3-0

No more "and all will be rosy in the garden" - I miss those days :wink: :lol: :lol:
Retired that saying :lol: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:27 am
augie wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
we will win 3-0

Along with the disappearance of #2025 cliche that the midget mod kept using, this place already has a different feel about it :wink: :barscarf:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:07 am

Wenger has had over 20 years to succeed in Europe. And he has had every year to get more and more acclimatised to it...to get better at it. And he had years where he attempted it with arguably one of the best teams assembled at AFC. Now, he is going away, with arguably one of the worst teams assembled at AFC (certainly the worst defence) against a very good manager, with a well set up side and a good record in the CL league and .......well, need I say more. Big ask!!

The team need to play out of their skins but tbh there are a lot of players in the team who cannot lift their game to the next level because what we have seen this entire season is their level. Does anybody think Mustafi, Iwobi, Xhaka can lift their game.....I don't. Can you imagine the aforementioned three in the CL :shock: :shock: :shock:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:31 am
[quote=xisstential post_id=1087729 time=1525072072 user_id=7338

[/quote]

And that is a poor record in comparison to Maorinho Ferguson Pep Benitez and even Roberto Di Matteo...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I blame wenger.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:27 am
augie wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
we will win 3-0

Has it been inducted into the Online Gooner Hall of Fame? :rubchin: :lol: