OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: OZIL No shows, Injury, illness ??

Post by DB10GOONER »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:10 pm
Very different players but the difference is that Bale can win you a game by himself where as Ozil is always dependent on others.
Very different players. Like comparing Bergkamp with Henry.

A creator by his nature will always be dependent on others. It's called being part of a team. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:06 pm
Ernie71 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:18 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:30 am
Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:08 am
To be fair, I really don't understand all this hate. Yes, his last season was bad but he still creates goal scoring chances more than anyone else. I don't understand why people ridicules that? Isn't that his job after all in the team, to create goal scoring chances?

I'm not his fanboy or anything but I'd like to see him under different manager what he can do. We'll see that next season I guess.
Exactly. That's what he does. He creates chances and provides assists. I've always said you either build the team around Ozil's ability to create chances or sell him. Like Fabregas before him he is one of those players with brilliant vision and sublime technical skills but you have to surround those kind of players with other top players that have the football intelligence to understand what they are doing.

At what other club would you have fans calling for the head of the creative attacking midfielder who has just set the PL record for being fastest to 50 assists? Some of our fans really are embarrassing Mongs tbh. :oops: :lol:
He creates chances and provides assists.He is the fastest to 50 assists so fucking what?.He doesnt make assists in the big games v the big teams away from home. Number of assists by Ozil away to City Utd Spurs Liverpool and Chelsea last season? Nil
Ozil creates the vast majority of assists at home v the bottom 10 sides. Does Kevin DeBruyne only turn it on at the Etihad?
Big players turn up in the big away games against your nearest rivals who can honestly say Ozil does that?
Ehrm... can you name one single player during Wenger era who turned up in big games? Did any of them fuckers go over their normal level? No they didn't.
If you are talking about the latter Wenger era then you are 100% right.

BTW you won't get a reply to that mate - it doesn't fit the stupidity agenda! :D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:30 pm
I like Ozil, but Fabregas in his prime was 10x the player.
Like comparing apples and oranges but on a very basic level I'd agree Fabregas was the better overall player as he offered more than just the ability to create chances which is all Ozil really has.

Ozil has superior vision and probably better passing ability at a technical level but Fabregas at his peak could create he could score and he could dictate the pace and the fucking idiot Wenger wasted all of that by not building the team around him. Fabregas should have led us to to both the CL and the PL titles. :|

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:01 am
SydneyGooner wrote:
Very different players but the difference is that Bale can win you a game by himself where as Ozil is always dependent on others.

A creator by his nature will always be dependent on others. It's called being part of a team. :lol:
Bergkamp was more than just a creator though. He was capable of winning a game on his own in his prime. Not at an Henry like level but he was capable of doing it. Same can't be said of Özil.

I'm not saying you do it but I honestly don't know why some of our fans think he's some Balon D'Or winning talent. In his position you have to be a Kaká or a Ronaldinho to be rated that highly. Which he's never come close to reaching.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:04 am
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:06 pm
Ernie71 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:18 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:30 am
Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:08 am
To be fair, I really don't understand all this hate. Yes, his last season was bad but he still creates goal scoring chances more than anyone else. I don't understand why people ridicules that? Isn't that his job after all in the team, to create goal scoring chances?

I'm not his fanboy or anything but I'd like to see him under different manager what he can do. We'll see that next season I guess.
Exactly. That's what he does. He creates chances and provides assists. I've always said you either build the team around Ozil's ability to create chances or sell him. Like Fabregas before him he is one of those players with brilliant vision and sublime technical skills but you have to surround those kind of players with other top players that have the football intelligence to understand what they are doing.

At what other club would you have fans calling for the head of the creative attacking midfielder who has just set the PL record for being fastest to 50 assists? Some of our fans really are embarrassing Mongs tbh. :oops: :lol:
He creates chances and provides assists.He is the fastest to 50 assists so fucking what?.He doesnt make assists in the big games v the big teams away from home. Number of assists by Ozil away to City Utd Spurs Liverpool and Chelsea last season? Nil
Ozil creates the vast majority of assists at home v the bottom 10 sides. Does Kevin DeBruyne only turn it on at the Etihad?
Big players turn up in the big away games against your nearest rivals who can honestly say Ozil does that?
Ehrm... can you name one single player during Wenger era who turned up in big games? Did any of them fuckers go over their normal level? No they didn't.
If you are talking about the latter Wenger era then you are 100% right.

BTW you won't get a reply to that mate - it doesn't fit the stupidity agenda! :D :wink:
Yes, latter Wenger era indeed!

augie

Post by augie »

Gotta hand it to you DB10 ............... you are a true ozil defender - I'm beginning to wonder if there are some sort of unresolved sexual feelings between ye :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:19 am
Gotta hand it to you DB10 ............... you are a true ozil defender - I'm beginning to wonder if there are some sort of unresolved sexual feelings between ye :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D :D

Maybe DB10 has some weird kind of eye fetish :rubchin: :D

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

augie wrote:
My favourite was that criticism of him in a German shirt over the years was due to racism and societal issues with Turks, couldn't possibly be that he's a lazy fucker. You'd pay thousands for a barrister with such talent😊

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
You just lost your argument right there. And your credibility. :lol: Well what credibility you had after the whole "Sam Allardyce for manager" debacle.

:lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

oaodan wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:17 pm
augie wrote:
My favourite was that criticism of him in a German shirt over the years was due to racism and societal issues with Turks, couldn't possibly be that he's a lazy fucker. You'd pay thousands for a barrister with such talent😊
Hold up there - are you implying I wrote that? If so do your research before you embarrass yourself by posting uninformed shite on here.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:28 am
augie wrote:
:D :D

Maybe DB10 has some weird kind of eye fetish :rubchin: :D
That's why your missus leaves her glasses at home mate. I like em wonky. Sometimes. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:47 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:

Bergkamp was more than just a creator though. He was capable of winning a game on his own in his prime. Not at an Henry like level but he was capable of doing it. Same can't be said of Özil.

I'm not saying you do it but I honestly don't know why some of our fans think he's some Balon D'Or winning talent. In his position you have to be a Kaká or a Ronaldinho to be rated that highly. Which he's never come close to reaching.
I don't think anyone has said he is that good though. Can you link to where anyone has?

I think anyone with half a brain can see that he is a top player but equally see that he is only at that level in a very specific set of circumstances and in a very limited role. You either play to his considerable ability to create chances or get rid. Personally I think it's worth playing to.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:08 am
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:30 pm
I like Ozil, but Fabregas in his prime was 10x the player.
Like comparing apples and oranges but on a very basic level I'd agree Fabregas was the better overall player as he offered more than just the ability to create chances which is all Ozil really has.

Ozil has superior vision and probably better passing ability at a technical level but Fabregas at his peak could create he could score and he could dictate the pace and the fucking idiot Wenger wasted all of that by not building the team around him. Fabregas should have led us to to both the CL and the PL titles. :|
One of the reasons Fabregas started losing his magic touch was Wenger - The number of players who became worse under his mis-management are countless, I didn't like it that he went to the Barcawhores, but I can understand it - also he wanted to get away from wenger despotic mis-management and inept coaching.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:56 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:47 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:

I don't think anyone has said he is that good though. Can you link to where anyone has?

I think anyone with half a brain can see that he is a top player but equally see that he is only at that level in a very specific set of circumstances and in a very limited role. You either play to his considerable ability to create chances or get rid. Personally I think it's worth playing to.
Tbf I've never seen anyone over here refer to him as such but I have seen him being rated as a Balon d'Or winning talent amongst some of our fan base which I've always found to be a completely laughable claim. He's just far too limited to be considered an elite attacking talent. I too prefer Fabregas over him.

Since we've already decided to piss away £350K a week on him and with seemingly nobody else interested in him we've probably got no choice but to utilize his strengths which is obviously as the number 10.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Ozil tweeted yesterday that he has one more weeks holiday before he returns to Arsenal. The phrase "the holiday is over " springs to mind on two fronts with that tweet..
Still rate him and am hopefull(rather than confident ) that the new regieme brings the best out of him..