The ONLY World Cup thread (merged)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: The ONLY World Cup thread (merged)

Post by Gunner Rob »

ok so if anyone is at work today what time you are going to finish ?

I'm going to try and get out at 4.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:46 pm
ok so if anyone is at work today what time you are going to finish ?

I'm going to try and get out at 4.
Is there something on tonight? :rubchin:

:D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Not gonna lie lads. I'm cheering on Croatia. Not an anti English thing (before Leftytard or SteveOFarage jump in on that :roll: ) its an anti tottnumb thing. Just too many of the cùnts in your team I'm afraid. :censored:

But anyway fuck it I wish you the best of luck as there are one or two sound posters on here that a part of me would like to see celebrate a World Cup win tbh.

Literally only one or two though. :lol: :wink:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:54 pm
Not gonna lie lads. I'm cheering on Croatia. Not an anti English thing (before Leftytard or SteveOFarage jump in on that :roll: ) its an anti tottnumb thing. Just too many of the cùnts in your team I'm afraid. :censored:

But anyway fuck it I wish you the best of luck as there are one or two sound posters on here that a part of me would like to see celebrate a World Cup win tbh.

England are the bindippers of international football. Mostly shit and always going on about winning something years and years ago. The idea of anyone who supports Arsenal cheering on Harry *word censored* and Divey Ally, Kyle Wanker or any of those other scum or ex scum players baffles me. Then you've got all the massively chav fans and it's just fucking dull. Get back to the proper football.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:

fair enough - if i was neutral I would feel the same.

the only thing I am clinging on to is that the Spurs players come back absolutely knackered from this past month!
although I have been cheering on the Tottnum scoring goals for England I must admit i found it very hard to celebrate Kane's penalty v Ospina last week. By the penalty shoot out I was so pissed I hadn't got a clue who was taking what though :lol: :lol:

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:16 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:10 am
Listening to idiots on Irish radio this morning saying we shouldn't want France to win the final because of Henry's handball .Yet for years the same morons rejoiced in Maradonna's hand of God. I hate hypocrites In sport as much as bandwagoners.
Yup me too. Hypocrisy is for cùnts. :censored:

The same fuckers slate Ingerlish fans for still whining like arseholes about Maracokehead's handball and in the next breath do the exact same about Henry's. Fucking dickheads. :roll:

Speaking of dickheads.... I'll never forget that fucking moron John Delaney begging FIFA to let Oireland into the tournament as an "extra team" after Henry's handball. Fucking embarrassing corrupt spacktard cùnt. :censored:

Anyhoo Belgium were my team in the work sweep so that's that fucked now. :cry: :lol:
I had Belgium in our sweep as well :cry:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:11 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:16 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:10 am
Listening to idiots on Irish radio this morning saying we shouldn't want France to win the final because of Henry's handball .Yet for years the same morons rejoiced in Maradonna's hand of God. I hate hypocrites In sport as much as bandwagoners.
Yup me too. Hypocrisy is for cùnts. :censored:

The same fuckers slate Ingerlish fans for still whining like arseholes about Maracokehead's handball and in the next breath do the exact same about Henry's. Fucking dickheads. :roll:

Speaking of dickheads.... I'll never forget that fucking moron John Delaney begging FIFA to let Oireland into the tournament as an "extra team" after Henry's handball. Fucking embarrassing corrupt spacktard cùnt. :censored:

Anyhoo Belgium were my team in the work sweep so that's that fucked now. :cry: :lol:
I had Belgium in our sweep as well :cry:
so did I !
thats weird :shock:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:

What was your attitude to the Irish team when it was riddled with Scum players?

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:33 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:22 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:33 am
1989 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:26 am
They should've taken Lacazette. :wink:

Speaking of Mbappe, what an incredible talent. At 19, he's a complete forward already. Bonkers.

Last player I saw at that age with as much potential was none other than Messi.
Mbappe reminds me of the real Ronaldo when he was winning the Balon d'Or at 20. He'll be better than Henry IMO.

To the day I die I will always argue that anelka would have been a better player than henry if he had the right people around him AND the right mentality - cos henry did so well for us people are inclined to forget/dismiss anelka, but I remember seeing him in that double season and imo he was a better and more natural player than henry :(
:rubchin:

Of course there's no way of ever really knowing how far Anelka might have developed but I'd disagree with that augie. Anelka had 2 strengths: his pace and an ability to be direct that few modern strikers have any more or even had back then. Henry had everything in his game. He could sit as a fake 9 or 10, he could create from out wide, he could hold up as a lone striker or play in a 2, he coukd score from 6 yards or from 30 yards, he could develop the play with real vision and creativity, and he had that ability to be direct too. A complete player like few before or since. I don't think Anelka had most of that in his game but again who knows how far he might have developed those talents?

The beautiful irony is that considered opinion in the game is that Anelka would have realised his potential if he had stayed under Wenger. That must make you puke through your eyes huh augie...... :lol: :wink: And if you use the agenda to deny that, I will lose any shred of respect I have left for you. :wink: :lol:
Hard to disagree with that. Back then he was great at knowing and developing talent.

Anelka in his teens was alot better than Henry was at the same age.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

It's coming home........

Buzzing for tonight, cmon England !!!!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol:

I know I'm not one of those 2 :lol:

Btw stop plagerising you orange midget, I've already given obg the onetard name, get your own insults :roll: :lol:

To whoever asked (gunner rob :rubchin: ) I finished at 3 today but had an hour or so drive and wanted to beat the M25 madness.

England have done much better than I thought so I will try and enjoy the game, as I said a while back France were my favourites to win it and I don't see that changing whoever gets to the final but I fuckin hope it's us :barscarf:

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

2 world wars and 1 world cup!! Come on Harry and the boys, THE WHOLE OF ENGLAND IS WITH YOU!!! :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Here we go!!!!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

On the plus side, we won't be seeing the loudmouth Rebekah Vardy leading the charge.

On the downside,she's coming back here...She's coming home, she's coming home, Becky Vardy is coming home :cry: :cry: :cry:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Ha ha :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
England’s going home ha ha :barscarf: :barscarf: hahaha