Man City HOME Sunday August 12th 4pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Man City HOME Sunday August 12th 4pm

Post by goonersid »

Can’t wait for this and I’m going for 3-1 to the Arsenal!
We’ve showed in previous games with citeh that we can play well only for pep to make the simplest of halftime changes which wenker couldn’t counteract!
So I’m backing Emery to be able to just that!
Come on you Gunners :barscarf:

markyp

Post by markyp »

a bit worrying how city dismantled Chelsea in the community shield when the chavs bossed us last Wednesday the same, Emerys record against the top managers is poor,a decent result would be a draw,if emery sets us up to keep it tight and defend and to rely on Aub and Laca on the break then we can get a point out of it,if we go balls out a-la Wenker then we will get dicked,lets see how the tactician that is emery works this one out,either way I cant wait,just hope its a positive either result wise or perfrormance related,both together would be great

General

Post by General »

augie wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:08 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:21 pm
If the Community Shield is anything to go by, next week will be a very tough game for us. Perhaps expecting a win is a bit optimistic at this early stage of the team rebuild. On a personal note, this will be the first home game of the season I have missed for over 2 decades. Note to oneself, don't book a holiday that coincides with the first weekend of the PL season again!

That was a citeeh team without ederson, de bruyne, david silva, sterling plus jesus only came on as a sub - it was frightening how easy they beat the chavs today :shock: :shock:
To be fair Chelsea were poor and had too much space between the lines. Aguero could've stopped to lace his boots before the first goal and he still would've scored. Apart from the tricky opening 30minutes in the preseason game we totally dominated Chelsea. We are not going to stand there like crash test dummies and watch City manoeuvre the ball around with ease like they did. My only concern is City look fit and sharp so we need to be in top condition.

General

Post by General »

markyp wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:33 pm
a bit worrying how city dismantled Chelsea in the community shield when the chavs bossed us last Wednesday the same, Emerys record against the top managers is poor,a decent result would be a draw,if emery sets us up to keep it tight and defend and to rely on Aub and Laca on the break then we can get a point out of it,if we go balls out a-la Wenker then we will get dicked,lets see how the tactician that is emery works this one out,either way I cant wait,just hope its a positive either result wise or perfrormance related,both together would be great
It's a clean slate and a new league for Emery. His previous top record is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. No doubt it's going to take some time for him to instil his identity in the squad but we already look more compact and disciplined without the ball than we ever did in the last decade under the French cunnt. I for one am looking forward to Sunday. We are going to pose a much stiffer test than the chavs yesterday.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

City looked brilliant on sunday. But, chelski were poor and I hope that continues for a couple more weeks. Remember, we tonked them 3-1 at ours before conte changed the system and won the league. Sarri still working things out.

Hopefully, we can pull off a winning start to the season but city looked strong, especially Mendy on the left. He will ruin bellerin so I hope lichensteiner will start.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Head says 1-2 or 1-3 to citeh.
Heart says 1-1.
Weird gut feeling says we might nick it 2-1. :shock:

Citeh should win just based on the fact they have a better set of players and a far more successful and experienced manager, but anything can happen in the PL. Hopefully we catch them on a day where our lads are pumped and have that new manager new season feel good factor and a few of their players have world cup hangovers but tbh the smart money would be on a citeh win.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

We will win and all will be rosy in the Emery garden 8)

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:47 am
Head says 1-2 or 1-3 to citeh.
Heart says 1-1.
Weird gut feeling says we might nick it 2-1. :shock:

There's a thread in the basement that might help with schizophrenia.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I have a feeling Emery will go for a 4-3-3 4-5-1 hybrid. Lacazette and Miki on the wings with PEA upfront, Ramsey, Torriera & Xhaka in midfield, Ramsey with the license to go forward. I dont think Ozil should start. Bellerin & Monreal should still get forward, with Torriera & Xhaka sliding across to cover when they do. Sokratis & Mustafi to start at centre half. Leno in goal. I think that team can protect itself whilst still offer enough penetration to cause City problems. One things for sure, it wont be like the Wenger days were we pick a team with no defensive plan or structure in place & we do adhoc defending.

Also, PEA Must play off Stones shoulder all game. That guy switches off religiously.

augie

Post by augie »

Wilson wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:23 am
I have a feeling Emery will go for a 4-3-3 4-5-1 hybrid. Lacazette and Miki on the wings with PEA upfront, Ramsey, Torriera & Xhaka in midfield, Ramsey with the license to go forward. I dont think Ozil should start. Bellerin & Monreal should still get forward, with Torriera & Xhaka sliding across to cover when they do. Sokratis & Mustafi to start at centre half. Leno in goal. I think that team can protect itself whilst still offer enough penetration to cause City problems. One things for sure, it wont be like the Wenger days were we pick a team with no defensive plan or structure in place & we do adhoc defending.

Also, PEA Must play off Stones shoulder all game. That guy switches off religiously.

Monreal has had zero game time since may

No way ozil gets dropped

Sadly cech will start in goals

Xhaka has the defensive discipline of an ass, and will provide zero protection for any full back pushing forward

Personally I would go with 4-3-2-1 (the old christmas tree formation with ozil sitting in behind bangabang and lacazette, and with toerreira, sideshow bob and xhaka (although I would prefer maitland niles in there) filling the midfield positions

That is all 8)

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Not expecting much this season our best hope of getting into the CL is the Europa league. Emery is picking up the pieces of the shambles Wenger left him. I would start Lichtsteiner instead of Bellerin .Ramsey wont start because he will be gone :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:40 am
Wilson wrote:

No way ozil gets dropped

Xhaka has the defensive discipline of an ass, and will provide zero protection for any full back pushing forward

Personally I would go with 4-3-2-1 (the old christmas tree formation with ozil sitting in behind bangabang and lacazette, and with toerreira, sideshow bob and xhaka (although I would prefer maitland niles in there) filling the midfield positions

That is all 8)
As much as I hate to agree with bald bastards :wink: I have to agree with augie on most of that.

Drop Ozil but play the shit Xhaka, the unsettled (and mostly shit Ramsey) and the unproven in the PL Torriera??!!! :shock: AND play BOTH of the useless Bellend and the past it Monreal???!! WTF are you on Wilson? Methamphetamine?? :oops: :lol: :wink:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

2-1 and we still remain the only invincible s :barscarf: :barscarf:

Best time to beat them I feel. defensively we are shite, they arent that much better, we have our strikers not in world cup action, they did. We have less midfield creativity but a more rested attacking force. Should be a great game.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:40 am
Wilson wrote:

No way ozil gets dropped

That is all 8)
As much as I hate to agree with bald bastards :wink: I have to agree with augie on most of that.

Drop Ozil but play the shit Xhaka, the unsettled (and mostly shit Ramsey) and the unproven in the PL Torriera??!!! :shock: AND play BOTH of the useless Bellend and the past it Monreal???!! WTF are you on Wilson? Methamphetamine?? :oops: :lol: :wink:

So no Ozil, Xhaka, Ramsey, Bellerin, Monreal,Torriera . So who are you going to play? Kolasinac is injured so it cant be him. Maybe we can draft in a left back from the reserve team, or better yet, we can forego a left back & put no one in front of De Bruyne!!

Torriera spent 2 years playing in Serie A & started for Uruguay at the World Cup, yes he is unproven in the PL (means nothing by the way, (Messi would be unproven in the PL)), the only way he gets PL experience is to.........play in the PL.

I have no idea what your talking about or your thought process for picking a team.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

So if not Monreal at left back? who??