ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:39 am
gooner265 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:52 am
#Arsenal are targeting #Aouar before #Partey because:

1: Partey has a release clause that is valid at any time
2: Partey has agreed personal terms with Arsenal
3: Partey has informed Arsenal that we are his first choice no matter who wants him
4: Aouar has multiple suitors

Buddy you are deluded if you think that we will get Aouar - hope I am wrong but I would be amazed if we got him
Dont shoot the messenger lol , however this window has a different feel about it and Arteta has been very persuasive in the Willian and Arteta deals. The fly in the ointment is City are interested as well . He is just what we need creatively, if we got him and Partey it would be our most successful window for years.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We need Aouar next! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Guardian report PSG have made a bid of £25m plus £5m in add-ons for Héctor Bellerín. The French club were in almost daily contact with #Arsenal last week.https://t.co/4JMKfuSVDM

According to @David_Ornstein, #Arsenal would like Bellerin to stay & are prepared to discuss a new contract, but they will not stand in the way of a deal being struck if a suitable fee is received for the 25-year-old Spaniard. https://t.co/AuDW47F1ch
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal want to bring in Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey and conversations have taken place over the Lyon playmaker Houssem Aouar. [@David_Ornstein]

https://t.co/OguBbtwxb0

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:14 pm
Arsenal want to bring in Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey and conversations have taken place over the Lyon playmaker Houssem Aouar. [@David_Ornstein]

Laca in part exchange for Partey, Douzi in part exchange for Aouar.

Trousers fucking down, make it happen.

Edouard from Celtic to fill the gap from Laca’s exit/Eddie not being up to it?

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:06 pm
The Guardian report PSG have made a bid of £25m plus £5m in add-ons for Héctor Bellerín. The French club were in almost daily contact with #Arsenal last week.https://t.co/4JMKfuSVDM

According to @David_Ornstein, #Arsenal would like Bellerin to stay & are prepared to discuss a new contract, but they will not stand in the way of a deal being struck if a suitable fee is received for the 25-year-old Spaniard. https://t.co/AuDW47F1ch

Very mixed opinions on this, but it would help if I knew what formation arteta is planning on using :rubchin: If he is intending having wing backs (as opposed to conventional full backs) then maitland-niles could do bellerin's job with no drop off in production, but dunno about playing him as full back in a back four (my preferred system). Soares I am undecided about at the mo
Anyway the issue I am unsure on is the fee - performance wise bellend has actually regressed in recent seasons so I wont cry if he leaves, but does that fee seem a little cheap to anyone else ?

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:15 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Apparently neither ath madrid nor lyon are willing to consider part exchanges for their players, so it is a show me the money situation and we dont have any :roll: :oops:
I'm not convinced about Edouard from celtic if I'm honest - could turn out to be great but I'm not sure I would be willing to spend big money from a meagre budget on him

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Interesting that Augie. If they’re not willing to do part exchanges on those deals then they’re dead in the water already because as you say we ain’t got the cash to get them done otherwise.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:36 pm
Interesting that Augie. If they’re not willing to do part exchanges on those deals then they’re dead in the water already because as you say we ain’t got the cash to get them done otherwise.

If ornstein's stories are true (and our midget mod claims that he is the best source EVER :wink: ), then I am interested to know if AFC are looking to buy both of them or one or the other :? Buying both seems like a pipedream cos (a) we havent got the money but (b) buying both would surely see xhaka fcuk off out of our club, and I dont think that god loves me enough to grant me that wish.
Football wise Aouar is streets ahead of partey or any midfielder we currently have, but by the same token he isnt a DM and we badly need one of them. I really like torreira and guendouzi but if selling them AND xhaka meant that we would get Aouar AND Partey then I would be comfortable/happy with that, but personally I dont see any chance that we will get Aouar

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I have no issues selling Bellend. He’s a shadow of the player he was and gives the ball away far too much now. If we could get 30m + another 5m in add-ons, I’d bite PSG’s arm off!
That 30m plus selling Torreira would see enough money for Party or Aouar.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Clubs are using this covid thing as an excuse to give lowball bids.

I doubt any of the big boys were hit hard these last few months

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:27 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:15 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Apparently neither ath madrid nor lyon are willing to consider part exchanges for their players, so it is a show me the money situation and we dont have any :roll: :oops:
I'm not convinced about Edouard from celtic if I'm honest - could turn out to be great but I'm not sure I would be willing to spend big money from a meagre budget on him
Apparently PSG will get 40% of whatever Edouard is sold for.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:36 am
I have no issues selling Bellend. He’s a shadow of the player he was and gives the ball away far too much now. If we could get 30m + another 5m in add-ons, I’d bite PSG’s arm off!
That 30m plus selling Torreira would see enough money for Party or Aouar.

To think that bellend was potentially worth £50M a couple of years back. We should have cashed in then....a bit like wally when he scored the England hat trick. We should have sold him on the spot there and then, the world went wow what a talent but we knew different.

There's also any Guendouzi cash to throw into the pot on top of bellend and Torreira as we will not be signing a replacement RB. So there could be a bit of cash floating about and enough for one of the two boys you mention. There is also Lacazette to consider too.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Snap PSG's hand off NOW!!

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Midz wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:44 pm
Snap PSG's hand off NOW!!
I concur wholeheartedly without hesitation 8) he's a wee fanny :oops: more interested in fashion shows :oops: