ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Herd »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:54 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:18 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:36 pm
Third option is the George Graham way and look at the Football League. I know the game has changed a hell of a lot since but there must still be some rough diamonds down there surely whatever their nationality.

If only we had a proper scouting system. :lol:

Sadly they were all sacked and Edu & his bum Boys put in charge. :banghead:
We don't really bother with scouting players these days. We just sign whoever or whatever some fucking agent tells us or just find out which players are out of contract at the chavs and offer them 5 year deals on double their money.
we dont have any scouts left theyve all been binned we have some youth ones left but not many and those in situ have all had pay cuts

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:11 am
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:05 pm
I’d like to buy the world a coke
I'll take mine with a double shot of Havana Club please. :barscarf:
There's a man with taste! That's my absolute favourite rum. Got bottles of it in doors. :lol:

Usually just knock it back neat, mind.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:35 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
There's a man with taste! That's my absolute favourite rum. Got bottles of it in doors. :lol:

Havana Club with a mixer but a Bajan rum called Mount Gay (fnar fnar :lol: ) is my favourite sipping rum.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal currently working on 12(!) outgoings. Mostly sales, some loans.

Xhaka, Willian, Guendouzi, Saliba, Torreira, Nketiah, Bellerin, Maitland-Niles, Lacazette all among the higher profile names. Club aiming to secure £120-150mil in fees and freed wages to fund huge squad rebuild. #AFC

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:25 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:49 am
Villa apparently about to make a third bid for ESR, of £32.5m.
I can only think his agent is stirring things up to get a better contract offer as there is zero chance of us selling the future of the club for that amount of cash.

You sure about that ?? Do you think that the basque clown would sell him for that if he thought that the funds would allow him to get odegaard ? If you think that is possible, do you not thgink that it is possible pep's water boy would sell him to buy a different player ? Let's be clear here, arteta didnt want to play smith rowe - when he put him in the team first it was because of injuries and suspensions forced his hand, and then a few weeks later he goes out and signs odegaard and pushes smith rowe out of his proper position, so dont for one second think that smith rowe is important to arteta

I am, not a chance he will be sold , agent is driving up his contract offer IMO.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Alex Runarsson is close to leaving Arsenal. He's in talks over a move to Altay Spor in Turkey as reported by @egengiin. Deal still to be finalised, could be permanent. https://t.co/GofMvcTsQj

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Sell ESR, even for £45m and Arsenal are totally finished as a ‘big’ club. We’re not far off finished as it is but if you sell you’re best (or one of two best) to a mid-table team then it’s done, period. We may as well re-name ourselves as North Ham, change our song to ‘I’m forever blowing big boys’ and get used to 20-25,000 crowds.
We won’t sell ESR unless he comes out and says he wants to leave……but as a Gooner, a hugely popular one at that, he’s going nowhere, and not to Aston fucking Villa!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by TeeCee on Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Alex Runarsson is close to leaving Arsenal. He's in talks over a move to Altay Spor in Turkey as reported by @egengiin. Deal still to be finalised, could be permanent. https://t.co/GofMvcTsQj
The fee they’re paying is believed to be 2000 used Covid masks……

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:12 pm
Permanent? Yeah right :roll:

Apparently the lad is on £40k a week at Arsenal; there’s no way he’s giving that pay day up and no way in the world are Altay Spor (who????) going to pay him that much either!

The only way Runarsson is leaving is on loan (with us paying a hefty chunk of his wages) or we’ll buy his contract out. Either way, it’ll cost us… again.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Wasn't Runarsson recommended by our new goalkeeping coach?

Reason enough to sack that cùnt imo. :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:38 pm
Wasn't Runarsson recommended by our new goalkeeping coach?

Reason enough to sack that cùnt imo. :lol:
By all accounts yes and that on its own is culpable liability and worthy of a booting out

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:12 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:35 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Havana Club with a mixer but a Bajan rum called Mount Gay (fnar fnar :lol: ) is my favourite sipping rum.
[/quot
Captain Morgan’s Spiced Gold (neat) for me thanks 🥃

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Turkish side Altay Spor are close to signing Arsenal goalkeeper Alex Runarsson after one & a half months of negotiations. Runarsson will join on a one-year loan deal. [@egengiin] #afc https://t.co/DjjMR7bmOm

Midz

Post by Midz »

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... dge-closer

Please don't let this happen. We already have 363 Central defenders none of which are any good. We don't need another one and certainly not for £50m. They keep referring to him being an England international but has he ever played for them? Who the fuck is he anyway?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Midz wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:33 pm
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... dge-closer

Please don't let this happen. We already have 363 Central defenders none of which are any good. We don't need another one and certainly not for £50m. They keep referring to him being an England international but has he ever played for them? Who the fuck is he anyway?
Fuck knows but if we're spending a load of money on him and nobody else wants him, then that tells you something. We're only interested in this bloke because we can't attract anyone decent and the only option we have is trying to tempt players from less average clubs than us to come to us for big money. Nobody decent wants this bloke but we have to be seen to be following a strategy because nothing else has worked for nearly two decades. Fuck me, there was a time 15 years ago when we should have been buying players off other Premier League clubs but Wanker wouldn't and kept wasting money on shit west African players and French fucking nobodies. Now, suddenly, what we were all saying then, is the new transfer vision. Fucking hell, honestly, fucking hell.
All this talk of this anonymous geezer has reminded me of 10 years ago or so when we were desperate for a centre back and Gary Cahill was available and we kept bidding 5m or 6m and it all looked pathetic. He ended up at the Chavs for 7m in the January and won the European Cup. We had Squillaci at the time.