ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kingralph

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Kingralph »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:39 am
StuartL wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:49 am
Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:22 am
I know we're all keen to get some signings in but looking at the Academy, haven't we got 3 players who are full international players but haven't made the first team squad yet? Off the top of my head one plays for N.Ireland and the other two are South American but cañnot recall the nationality.
Dan Ballard ? I think is the Northern Irish lad

Flores plays for Mexico

Not sure on the other one
So, if they're good enough for international football, it should mean they're good enough for the premier League. Being the Estonian goalkeeper is the same as being the USA keeper or German no.3 choice so why are we buying players for positions that players coming through the academy can fill?
The signing of Vieira from Porto looks promising does that mean Pepe and Nelson will be sold as we already have Saka who will play there.

Or we are selling either Saka/Martinelli to the victims for £100m because they won’t sign new deals….

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Vieira’s arrival is not thought to have an impact on Arsenal’s move for Youri Tielemans. Arsenal also have an interest in Oleksandr Zinchenko & Raphinha. The links with midfielders suggest Granit Xhaka could leave this summer with interest from Italian clubs. [@garyjacob] #afc

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal announce Eddie Nketiah’s new long-term (five year) contract. The club has also confirmed his switch to the No.14 shirt.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Few reports from very reliable journalists that Granit Xhaka’s stay at Arsenal is not 100% confirmed, as things stand. One to watch.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:04 pm
Arsenal announce Eddie Nketiah’s new long-term (five year) contract. The club has also confirmed his switch to the No.14 shirt.
not sure what the shirt did to deserve that

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:39 am
StuartL wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:49 am
Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:22 am
I know we're all keen to get some signings in but looking at the Academy, haven't we got 3 players who are full international players but haven't made the first team squad yet? Off the top of my head one plays for N.Ireland and the other two are South American but cañnot recall the nationality.
Dan Ballard ? I think is the Northern Irish lad

Flores plays for Mexico

Not sure on the other one
So, if they're good enough for international football, it should mean they're good enough for the premier League. Being the Estonian goalkeeper is the same as being the USA keeper or German no.3 choice so why are we buying players for positions that players coming through the academy can fill?
The signing of Vieira from Porto looks promising does that mean Pepe and Nelson will be sold as we already have Saka who will play there.
With respect being an international for a smaller nation or any nation for that matter doesnt mean they are at the level required for top 5 in the premier league. Plenty of examples in the past of this.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

mcdowell42 wrote:
100k p/w for a man who tapped in 5 goals last season.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:48 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
The headline on the Arsenal website announcing this is “Ringing in a new era”
It is certainly that - what on earth has he done to be given a 5 year contract ?
Completely overrated and hardly likely to develop further with Arteta in charge.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

So it's confirmed we have made a bid for another CB!??

Lisandro Martinez is a left footed CB at Ajax, just what we need, another CB!! :banghead: I assume this means Saliba will be 4th choice? So he'll fuck off soon.

Hopefully it just means some mug wants to offer us 40-50m for Gabriel Mag. I wouldn't mind him going, I'm not convinced at all by him.

Arsenal Till I Die

Granit Xhaka may end up leaving the club this summer - via @GaryJacob

Arsenal Till I Die

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:05 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:48 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
The headline on the Arsenal website announcing this is “Ringing in a new era”
It is certainly that - what on earth has he done to be given a 5 year contract ?
Completely overrated and hardly likely to develop further with Arteta in charge.
Just two and half years ago he couldn’t even get into the Leeds side when they were in the Championship.

I don’t think Nketiah will be doing any development beyond his current skill set, regardless of the manager.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

He also plays LB ,so there's cover for the crock Mr Tierney

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Martinez is a left footed CB who can play left back, so cover for 2 positions. He is like 5 feet 7 so rather diminutive for a CB, but good with the ball at his feet. He was voted Ajax player of the year last season. I imagine he is being looked more as a LB than a CB and is the preferred choice over Hickey or Zinchenko.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Gabriel Jesus is pushing Manchester City and Pep Guardiola to accept Arsenal’s £42.5m offer. The player wants to join Arsenal. Reports, @Simpraisa and @ThirFernandes.

NickF98

Post by NickF98 »

Arteta on Nketiah:

"I'm delighted Eddie is staying with us. He represents what we are all about"

Sadly, quite true..