ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:19 am
To the tune of Nelly Furtado’s I’m like a bird -

Pepe’s like a turd
That just won’t flush away
He don’t know what control is
He don’t know where the goal is

BOOOOOOM Roddaz is fucking on it this morning :barscarf:
That's fucking class Rodders :lol: :lol: :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Pepe le Poo.

Flushed….. :throne:

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:19 am
To the tune of Nelly Furtado’s I’m like a bird -

Pepe’s like a turd
That just won’t flush away
He don’t know what control is
He don’t know where the goal is

BOOOOOOM Roddaz is fucking on it this morning :barscarf:
:D :D :D Excellent!!

wibble

Post by wibble »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:13 pm
Pepe le Poo.

Nice :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

wibble wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:45 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:13 pm
Pepe le Poo.

Nice :wink:
I see what you did there! :high5: :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 || S’ton are pushing to take AMN on loan with option to buy. B’mouth & WHU still in the picture but S’ton ahead of them both [Via - Simon Jones | @MailSport].

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mikel Arteta on what he is expecting from the transfer market in the last few days:

“What is going to happen in the last week or so is going to be pretty powerful.” #afc

Not sure if he's talking about transfers in general or just about Arsenal transfers

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:30 am
Mikel Arteta on what he is expecting from the transfer market in the last few days:

“What is going to happen in the last week or so is going to be pretty powerful.” #afc

Not sure if he's talking about transfers in general or just about Arsenal transfers
To be fair, it’s very obvious when you read the full quote that Arteta is referring to the premier league transfers in general being powerful, not Arsenal…

on the transfer market and if the final week of the window is crazy:

You look at the players that are coming, the amount of money spent, the level that the squads already have and what they are adding, it’s something I haven’t experienced in this league. You saw yesterday a few of the transfers that happened and what is still going to happen in the last week or so, I think is going to be really powerful.

(From Arsenal.com)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thank you for Clarifying that g88ner, it is so easy to mis-construe something when it is taken in isolation. Also because English isn't Arteta's first language; though he speaks it very well, he will sometimes use a term or word in a sentence that seems odd, I noticed that in the All or Nothing documentary.

I just hope we do bring in at least one if not two more players; especially in Mid-field.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:15 pm
Also because English isn't Arteta's first language; though he speaks it very well, he will sometimes use a term or word in a sentence that seems odd, I noticed that in the All or Nothing documentary.
This is probably off topic and best posted on the thread dedicated to Arteta but with the risk of being termed as an Arteta fanboy by certain posters, I have to say I have been extremely impressed by Arteta's oratory skills since the time he was appointed. He is generally clear in the message he is trying to convey and speaks with humility, intelligence and passion for the club. It's a far cry from our 2 previous managers in Emery who obviously struggled with the language and Wenger who even though a good orator was bit of a spin master and often spoke a lot without saying much .

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:16 pm
This is probably off topic and best posted on the thread dedicated to Arteta but with the risk of being termed as an Arteta fanboy by certain posters, I have to say I have been extremely impressed by Arteta's oratory skills since the time he was appointed. He is generally clear in the message he is trying to convey and speaks with humility, intelligence and passion for the club. It's a far cry from our 2 previous managers in Emery who obviously struggled with the language and Wenger who even though a good orator was bit of a spin master and often spoke a lot without saying much .
Agree with this. Arteta gets an alarming amount of hate and abuse on here but, like you, I’ve always enjoyed his humility, intelligence and passion. Would love him to succeed; obviously because I’m a gooner but also because I like to see hard work and passion rewarded.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal today have held more discussions with the agent & intermediary Jorge Mendes regarding the transfer of Pedro neto from wolves. Player wants move working hard to agree a fee - arsenal want to pay £45m plus some small add ons. Or smaller fee with bigger add ons. #AFC #WWFC

augie

Post by augie »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Also because English isn't Arteta's first language; though he speaks it very well, he will sometimes use a term or word in a sentence that seems odd, I noticed that in the All or Nothing documentary.

If you dont want to be labelled as a fanboy please stop coming out with nonsense like that :roll: Between us, everton and rangers he spent 14 seasons as a player in english speaking countries, and between us and citeeh he has spent 6 seasons in england as a coach/manager, so that is TWENTY seasons in total so you dont think his grasp of the language should be excellent by now ?? Then you compare him to emery who was in the country for 18 months (and 6 days) as though that is a fair comparison ?? :roll: :oops: :oops:

Killi

Post by Killi »

They also teach English in schools in Spain, so he likely had a good standard before he left the Barca academy.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

augie wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:37 pm
Gunnerz4life wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

If you dont want to be labelled as a fanboy please stop coming out with nonsense like that :roll: Between us, everton and rangers he spent 14 seasons as a player in english speaking countries, and between us and citeeh he has spent 6 seasons in england as a coach/manager, so that is TWENTY seasons in total so you dont think his grasp of the language should be excellent by now ?? Then you compare him to emery who was in the country for 18 months (and 6 days) as though that is a fair comparison ?? :roll: :oops: :oops:
I know you have a hard time understanding the context of posts but to make it easier for you, having a good grasp of a language does not necessarily make you a good orator, there are a lot of English players and managers who sound rather thick when they speak in public. And I have also mentioned Wenger whom you conveniently ignored :) .

Glad that you have been able to vent out your frustrations for the day.