ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by BobbyPires7 »

To add to the debacle we shipped out AMN and Azeez on loan today. So basically we don’t have a defensive midfielder at the Club beyond the crock brothers and Sambi. Literally brainless.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

It's one thing to not sign a midfielder, but to ship two out when they could do a job in the EL this side of Christmas is just crazy.... can't do the whole saving wages thing that they did with PEA when he wasn't replaced.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Twitter is never a good indication of things but the amount of twats saying we've had an unreal window when in reality our squad looks really paper thin. When things inevitably go tits up these same people will shout how anyone questioning Arteta or Edu isn't a real fan. The clubs negligence is enabled by these types of people and they'll ultimately get what they deserve for being this delusional, rant over.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Zinchenko in midfield it is then.

Just have to rely on Tierney staying fit now, what could possibly go wrong :shock:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Absolute joke of a club we are.

Good window my arse, good signings in isolation, but we are again down on numbers and haven't improved key areas. Mirror image of January.

All the c.unts said we kept our powder dry in January and took a calculated gamble as summer was the most important and no one had expected top 4 last season and we were ahead of schedule.

Absolute load of old bollox. had we signed a striker in Jan we would now be in the CL and scum wouldnt, conte and kane would be gone. It would have made the difference.

And they kept their powder dry for what? to leave us short AGAIN. painfully thin upfront, and f all in CM. We shouldnt have been signing a CM due to the injuries, we should have anyway. The injuries just make it a travesty. To ship AMN and azeez out to boot rubs salt in to the wound.

The usual window lickers fan boys (sorry not meant to be toxic, just so pissed off) on here will say oh ben white can play DM, can he fuck, 6 times he did for brighton, they lost each time.

All the not spending in Jan to do our business in the summer has been proven to be utter crap.

We have made a brilliant start by beating weak teams who we would have slipped up against in the past, yes we played well, but signs have been there about clinicalness and CM nt controlling the games. Why oh why after making such a good start dont we double down and sign those 2 players that could really make us strong? Why does this club sell itslef short? Always 2 players away from a strong squad who can compete, We have EL to play, who is going to play CM when sambi is playing in the first team?

This will come back and bite us sorry to say it but it will and AGAIN its all our own fault. Edu, garlick are a joke. I don't necessarily blame arteta as he clearly wanted more players, as i said early how can we not have a back up for uiz given villa have said all along there not selling? All these other clubs get deals done promptly when needed, season long loans often for players who can make a difference, as victims and chavs have shown.

The only hope is its only 10ish games until the WC and then jan, but why take the risk? and the story will then be, its hard to do business in Jan and the markets overpriced. Rinse repeat in this endless cycle of doom. We wont make top 4 and it should spell edu and artetas jobs.

Sorry fr the rant just so frustrated we dont do we what need to especially when after such a good start

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:04 pm
Zinchenko in midfield it is then.

Just have to rely on Tierney staying fit now, what could possibly go wrong :shock:
on the face of it thats not bad, but we know tierney cant stay fit and it means cedric is back in the team. absolute liability. rather have bellerin than soares any day of the week.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:16 pm
Tielemens wouldn’t have been the guy to cover the 97% of the season that cornflakes knees Partey will miss though?

If a Spanish or Italian club were to come in for Partey in January I’d snap their hands off, we need to cut and run them there and fast. An absolute crock and a massively expensive one to boot.

I knew nothing about the bloke when we signed him, but loads of Gooners were celebrated as though we'd signed fucking Messi! I know gems can be unearthed, but he'd been at Athletico for years and I always think that if he was as good as they were saying and worth 50 million, then not only would one of the big boys snapped him up before, but there'd have been a queue for him when we showed interest. Thought exactly the same when we bought fucking Pepe...if a player is genuinely worth 72 million, then we won't get him, because Barca, Real, Bayern, City and the Chavs will be after him and we can't compete at that level.

Anyway, even apart from the injuries, I've been totally underwhelmed by Partey from day one. Doesn't dominate and impose himself as such a big fucker should, doesn't seem to win many tackles, often seems peripheral and gives the ball away a lot...just what we need when he's partnering dear old Granit.

long winded way of saying that Rodders is right...sell the bloke if at all possible, but no one will want him for anything more than about 15 million will they?! :(

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:06 pm

Good window my arse, good signings in isolation, but we are again down on numbers and haven't improved key areas. Mirror image of January.

All the c.unts said we kept our powder dry in January and took a calculated gamble as summer was the most important and no one had expected top 4 last season and we were ahead of schedule.

Absolute load of old bollox. had we signed a striker in Jan we would now be in the CL and scum wouldnt, conte and kane would be gone. It would have made the difference.

And they kept their powder dry for what? to leave us short AGAIN. painfully thin upfront, and f all in CM. We shouldnt have been signing a CM due to the injuries, we should have anyway. The injuries just make it a travesty. To ship AMN and azeez out to boot rubs salt in to the wound.

The usual window lickers fan boys (sorry not meant to be toxic, just so pissed off) on here will say oh ben white can play DM, can he fuck, 6 times he did for brighton, they lost each time.

All the not spending in Jan to do our business in the summer has been proven to be utter crap.

We have made a brilliant start by beating weak teams who we would have slipped up against in the past, yes we played well, but signs have been there about clinicalness and CM nt controlling the games. Why oh why after making such a good start dont we double down and sign those 2 players that could really make us strong? Why does this club sell itslef short? Always 2 players away from a strong squad who can compete, We have EL to play, who is going to play CM when sambi is playing in the first team?

This will come back and bite us sorry to say it but it will and AGAIN its all our own fault. Edu, garlick are a joke. I don't necessarily blame arteta as he clearly wanted more players, as i said early how can we not have a back up for uiz given villa have said all along there not selling? All these other clubs get deals done promptly when needed, season long loans often for players who can make a difference, as victims and chavs have shown.

The only hope is its only 10ish games until the WC and then jan, but why take the risk? and the story will then be, its hard to do business in Jan and the markets overpriced. Rinse repeat in this endless cycle of doom. We wont make top 4 and it should spell edu and artetas jobs.

Sorry fr the rant just so frustrated we dont do we what need to especially when after such a good start

100% spot on and it's been this way since 2006.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

My sense is that we tried to be too clever and thought we would pick up these players on the cheap at the last minute. When we then had Partey, Elneny and Zinchenko injured at the same time we were told pay top dollar or fuck off. Penny wise pound poor as the saying goes. We are light in terms of squad numbers whatever way you look at it. I can even see us taking someone on a free. Anybody at Barca left that they can’t register??

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/xeka/pr ... ler/290256

There’s bloke called Xeka available on a free. Plays defensive midfield. Just think about it…
Xeka and Xhaka. :lol: :lol: :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Shocking mismanagement again in the transfer window, we needed a DCM/CM and striker before AMN and Azeez went out the door nevermind after... Fuckin morons, have they forgotten we have a minimum of 6 extra games this season or are they just throwing the cups before we even start them

Fuck me this club never learns matter who is in charge, forget anything other than the PL 4th place being a target this season :banghead: :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sorry, I hate to call out fellow supporters usually, but where are the couple of "positive" fuckers that have been on here lately sneering and slating us all for being "ridiculously negative"? :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:06 pm

No need to apologise mantis mate. You are bang on the money in what you say, and it is frustrating that we are still like this as a club.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:26 am
Sorry, I hate to call out fellow supporters usually, but where are the couple of "positive" fuckers that have been on here lately sneering and slating us all for being "ridiculously negative"? :roll:
They're busy hand knitting their Xhaka scarves.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:46 pm
Shocking mismanagement again in the transfer window, we needed a DCM/CM and striker before AMN and Azeez went out the door nevermind after... Fuckin morons, have they forgotten we have a minimum of 6 extra games this season or are they just throwing the cups before we even start them

Fuck me this club never learns matter who is in charge, forget anything other than the PL 4th place being a target this season :banghead: :censored:
You are 100% Bang on the Money Muzz as is Playing Mantis:

Same Old, Same Old.... All the Positivity and Amazing Support from the Supporters has been pissed on, we DESPERATELY Needed a DCM/CM (as said by almost everyone except the scarf knitters :wink: ) and we end up with FUCK ALL!

We are already ( 5 games in - Even BEFORE the Europa/FA Cup, etc start) short of mid-fielders - Partey is known to be Injury prone as is Tierney , it's not their fault BUT Surely for Christs sake Edu & Arteta Know this! And should have prioritised back-ups. Yes we've got Zinchenko who looks very promising, but hold on guess what!? He was out last week with an injury! :banghead:

And yet the majority of fans will be Hoodwinked by all the banter by Arteta & Edu, and of course those Brain Dead CUN.TS from aftv will be giving it large claiming the process is working, the team & club are progressing - Yeah Like BOLLOCKS it is ! :banghead:

As already said: We have had a Brilliant start to the season, but that will soon be undone (I hope not, I genuinely hope Not!) BUT... THE Arsenal we all once knew is No More, a beloved, sad, fading memory bought, usurped and modernised by a bunch of wankkers who have not a clue what "Truth, Heart and Honour" are.

Any expectations of maintaining our start to the season and getting into the Top 4 were fucked up the shitter by the lack of 1 or 2 purchases of CM/DCM and we also now have to endure CliveElCunto as first name on the Team Sheet weaken, week out with his poxy grinning, pointing, falling over, passing backwards, slowing down the team momentum and getting carded for being an imbecile for the remainder of the season...

No one is expecting to go un-beaten, but to have such a promising start to the season, only to shoot ourselves in both feet is fucking beyond comprehension.

Just FucktheFUCK-OFF :banghead: