Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:48 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:42 pm
So João Felix just went from costing Chelsea around 650,000 euros a Premier League game to around 750,000 euro.
Their transfer policy is bat shit insane - handing out 7 year contracts, £15m loan deals and signing washed up has beens.

Burning through cash and going backwards fast, not to mention the full compensation they’ll have to pay Hairy Potter once he’s sacked.
Hairy Potter.... :coffeespit:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:35 pm
Chavs getting turdholed again :rubchin: I heard a pundit on radio the other day say Chavski weren't battling to be No1 in London anymore..theyre n
No3 in West London :oops:
:coffeespit:

Superb. :lol: 8)

New banner wording for the chavs:

"Pride of (a small part of West) London". :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

shu wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:19 pm
Ha ha Felix red card :D
Hah ha ha so glad these dispicable c.unts are having bad luck. Let's hope they have plenty more.
Oh, and keep Potter because he's gash. :D Ahahahahaa what a team of absolute dog-shit.

beck

Post by beck »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:51 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:47 am
Not that surprised Southampton result tonight. Priority for city is CL. Would love to see city give Manure a good hiding, as that will stop them dead in their tracks for our game the following week. I know it would put them within 2 points of us but I see united as more of a threat to us than either spuds and Newcastle. Also, don't mind conceding top spot for a couple of months (Feb/March), take it back in April, as traditionally we are better at chasing the title than leading it.

I am astounded that an Arsenal fan would even think such a thing, never mind actually say/write it!

The damage that such a thing could do to the teams confidence, momentum and levels of performance would be immeasurable.....

I ... I. .........Fucking Speechless.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
To clarify our recent history of leading from the top is horrendous 2007/08 we were 7 points clear in March when we played Birmingham that fateful day, lost out by 5points.
2015/16 we were 8 points clear of Leicester after beating them in February and stumbled to a second place finish.
In the time when we won the league 88/89, 90/91, 97/98, 01/02, and even the Invincible season we were in 2nd during Feb/mar and finish strongly to win the title.
The Arsenal I've grown up with perform better when faced with adversity. In Emery season we were 3rd with 4 games left, last season 4th with 3 games left and fell at the last hurdle.
This team has the mental capacity to bounce back, but not hold their nerve with their noses in front.
If you're fucking speechless, read your fucking history.
In 07/08
We were 5 points clear of Man Utd when we played at Birmingham it was in feb and we finished 4 points behind them
In 15/16
we were 2 points behind Leicester after beating them at the emirates in February

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

beck wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:02 pm
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Not that surprised Southampton result tonight. Priority for city is CL. Would love to see city give Manure a good hiding, as that will stop them dead in their tracks for our game the following week. I know it would put them within 2 points of us but I see united as more of a threat to us than either spuds and Newcastle. Also, don't mind conceding top spot for a couple of months (Feb/March), take it back in April, as traditionally we are better at chasing the title than leading it.

I am astounded that an Arsenal fan would even think such a thing, never mind actually say/write it!

The damage that such a thing could do to the teams confidence, momentum and levels of performance would be immeasurable.....

To clarify our recent history of leading from the top is horrendous 2007/08 we were 7 points clear in March when we played Birmingham that fateful day, lost out by 5points.
2015/16 we were 8 points clear of Leicester after beating them in February and stumbled to a second place finish.
In the time when we won the league 88/89, 90/91, 97/98, 01/02, and even the Invincible season we were in 2nd during Feb/mar and finish strongly to win the title.
The Arsenal I've grown up with perform better when faced with adversity. In Emery season we were 3rd with 4 games left, last season 4th with 3 games left and fell at the last hurdle.
This team has the mental capacity to bounce back, but not hold their nerve with their noses in front.
In 07/08
We were 5 points clear of Man Utd when we played at Birmingham it was in feb and we finished 4 points behind them
In 15/16
we were 2 points behind Leicester after beating them at the emirates in February
Nos89 stands for his IQ.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:38 am
beck wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

In 07/08
In 15/16
Nos89 stands for his IQ.

:coffeespit:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Glad to see we are not the only team to not get obvious free kicks in good positions, City have had two clear ones at about twenty yards out.

City definitely concede chances, manu should be winning.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
beck wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

In 07/08
In 15/16
Nos89 stands for his IQ.
That's really good from bobbypires7 (seven)

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:51 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
beck wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

In 07/08
In 15/16
Nos89 stands for his IQ.
That's really good from bobbypires7 (seven)
“Recollections may differ.”

Now you’ve been proven to cobble together bullshit about our previous title challenges, why don’t you toddle off? Prick.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:popcorn:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ten Man $hitty players surrounding the ref! Will they be charged like our team were by the FA last week when 4 players complained to the ref?

Naaaah! Thought Not...

FA CUN.TS! :cussing: :banghead: :box:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I'd definitely want offside for that without a doubt. Rashford may not have touched the ball but fùck me he certainly interfered with play.

2-1 now! :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:12 pm
Ten Man $hitty players surrounding the ref! Will they be charged like our team were by the FA last week when 4 players complained to the ref?

Naaaah! Thought Not...

FA CUN.TS! :cussing: :banghead: :box:
We'll be charged with it. A new charge of setting a bad example or something.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

City wide open for that second goal. Their defence is absolute shite.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

United - dark horses in the title race 8)