ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Saka and Martinelli are the difference. Lose either of them and we are back to a 5th-8th side.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

All of this is a bit hysterical about a player who plays in the equivalent of the 1st division, fuckin hell pepe would look half decent in that league.

Only problem I see is is that the owners and board probably think top four is a given and won't invest in our push for the title.

I don't see why this is Artetas fault, if the club won't pay the money then what can he do, he doesn't have any influence on the actual fee so it's not his fault, that is down to the owners, board and Edu.

I do believe we need another forward and central midfielder but I just can't see us paying top dollar in January which is par for the course although we have made the odd one when top four looked questionable, this time the owners, board will think this is a given.

I think Arteta really wants two or three additions but he will not get the backing.

Shame because he has us playing the best football I've seen for years, even my girlfriend loves watching us and she was never into football before, she has watched other games without us in it and said they're boring compared to The Arsenal.

shu

Post by shu »

100 mill on another wide player isn’t what we need . With Felix’s wages they must have spent out 400 mill .Nevermind let’s move on ! :D

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Trossard. Proven in the Prem. We are moving for him now.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Way to go we look like right mugs now.
Arteta will leave next season/one after and take Saka and Co. With him to City, Saliba will be sold to Paris Qatar Sports washing Corp.

KSE out.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

On the face of it i'm pissed off reading this on just getting in after a day at the seaside. Was done deal yesterday now done deal to chavs.

Its been built up built up so much that i'm completely deflated by this, everyone on here saying how good he is all his flirtings with us etc etc.

But 100million for a farmers league player is huge risk. We have issues elsewhere that need priority, Partey cover/competition, and striker - my hope with mudryk was he could play upfront.

I have no idea how good he is and really none of us do he plays in a farmers league. he could be brilliant he could be pepe.

We simply mist strengthen this month and pathetic if we don't, even worse than last jan in not signing anyone. Yes, saka, martinelli, saliba deals are top priority but not signing anyone doesn't send them a good message about our ambitions...

i hope now we sign the DM and striker we need and wing back up after that. would happily take cut price zaha, but trossard is no where near god enough. my concern is we are linked with no one bar mudryk.

It also says a awful lot about the player after weeks of flirting with us he signs for that basket case, hes a mercenary *word censored*. Why would anyone join that club right now, they are fooked, signing random players for a useless manager...if tuchel in charge i can understand it as despite reservation on here hes a top manager. on the good ship potter wtf would any player with anything about them sign for him. As for FFP wtf is going on there as well?

my concern is how deflating this may be for tomorrow game for the team...

what an ansoulte *word censored* this guy must be, again.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Kingralph wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:31 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:41 am
Kingralph wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:53 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:02 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:49 pm
We rotate. Simply don't get the small time mindset from our fan base now.invicibles time we had nearly 2 top players for each position. If we are to improve we need to do same. 80m is going rate for top young talent such is the screwed up market. Its shouldnt mean any of our regulars are leaving etc it's depth. Alleged top quality depth...how good he is remains to be seen.
Exactly. The best player keeps the jersey. The next guy has to prove in training he can step into that position. All this snowflake entitled stuff about players having to leave a club if there is competition for places is nonsense. A strong manager tells the players they earn a run in the team and they must continue to earn it every game.
I think you are being incredibly naive, if you think that a massively talented player like ESR, who would be hugely sought-after by any other Premier League team, will settle for being a rotation player, when he could probably triple his wages and become a first team regular for any other top six club.

The players have the power now not the clubs
Naive? :roll: Mate I've forgotten more than you'll ever know about football. Get a grip you cheeky little cùnt. :lol: :wink:

If anything I think you don't understand the basics of football or what rotation means based on what you just posted. It does not mean he drops from being a first team regular. It means he plays the PL for example, then is replaced by the next guy for the early rounds of the FA Cup or the league Cup, or maybe whatever European competition we are in - or vice versa. It means he does not play every single game and get burnt out. It also means we can rotate a player in of similar quality. It also means we have quality cover if the player playing a given position as first choice gets injured. There is no guarantee that any one player will play that position as first choice either. No one is saying ESR will or should just sit on the bench because of a new signing ffs. But he should be expected to earn his place. As would the new guy. Martinez-Lite is a lot of things but weak is not one of them. He'll pick the team he wants.

ESR would face the same thing at any top club. In the vast majority of cases the best player plays. Only at a smaller club with less talent would ESR be guaranteed to be a starter. Like Scuba Grealish at villa. Played every game as guaranteed starter for years Gets to the Arabs and despite having been signed for 100 million he only got on the pitch in the PL about 25 times last season - and alot of those "appearances" were as sub.

It's got nothing to do with player power. The players have had the power for 20 years. The manager still picks the team on a Saturday. That is they way it is at the top clubs.

It's such a snowflake attitude this horseshit of competition for places being a negative because a player might want to leave. If the player is that fucking weak then fuck him, let him go, he'll be no use when the going gets tough.

Personally I think ESR has a bit about him and would want to stay and fight for his position.
The only part of what you just said that was right is that I’m a cùnt. :D

If you’ve forgotten more than I’ll ever know then you must’ve forgotten about Joe Willock because he did exactly what I’m suggesting ESR might be tempted to do.

As I say, I’m a huge ESR fan and would be gutted if he went, I just can’t see Arsenal not wanting to recoup some of their huge outlay over the past few transfer windows and he would be a prime example of a player worth big money that we could get by without because of the other cover we have in the positions he plays.

I guess time will tell. Let’s hope they want to keep him and he wants to stay.
fuck me old boots and call me shirley as someone late of this parish said (i think!). what a load of bllx!

joe willock!!! he left cos we sold him as he was shite!!

wtf do you think players at city, united, scousers and chavs do when they sign quality players? do they all hand in transfer requests? seen some shit posted on here over the years but this is pretty high up the list!!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If the Mudryk signing doesn't happen after all these weeks of rumours and the to-ing and fro-ing it will show that the Kroenkes aren't truly interested in us winning the prem....I know January is never the best window to sign players but we need a better squad badly.....and looks like Edu has put all his eggs in one basket, but we also desperately need a Defensive Mid-fielder.

Hope the chavs ground burns down the cun.ts :banghead: :box:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Absolute fucking shambles!! I might've seemed impatient but I was fearful that this might happen. Useless fucking c.unts!! Pay the fucking money if you really want a player.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Exclusive: Arsenal are interested in Raphinha from Barca. Exploratory contacts in the last few hours to understand the possible feasibility of the negotiation, still without any offer. (@Glongari)

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Chelsea have made a loan offer for Antonio which has been rejected. Bonkers.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/01/14/west-ham ... -18101767/

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Exclusive: Arsenal are interested in Raphinha from Barca. Exploratory contacts in the last few hours to understand the possible feasibility of the negotiation, still without any offer. (@Glongari)

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

If we didn't sign Mudryk but had other options lined up then I wouldn't care but as per usual we have thrown everything into the Mudryk basket and look like fools. I said it on here weeks ago that we should have pulled out of this deal and identified other targets but watch us be linked with every random average to shitty player in Europe and people actually think we'll win the league :roll:
I see alot of criticism of Edu online and he is shit at his job but it's the parasite who owns the club setting financial restraints that stops us from achieving anything.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:35 pm
Too late, McDowell beat you to it, posting 20 mins ago :lol: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:37 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:35 pm
Too late, McDowell beat you to it, posting 20 mins ago :lol: :lol:
I'm in Ireland ,so there's a time difference