ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal’s interest in Declan Rice is completely true. Been bubbling away over the last few weeks and it’s seen as a more likely move for the West Ham captain than Chelsea. Arsenal def have the money, especially with Cl qualification looking a formality #afc #whufc

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

'According to Sky information, Leverkusen's Moussa Diaby is a topic at Arsenal. The 23-year-old Frenchman is under contract with the Werkself until 2025, so it should be expensive.' [@SkySports Germany @Sky_Marc]

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:44 pm
I might get shot down for this, but here's my thoughts on this window

Mudryk - would have been great to get him but could have caused massive problems. He didn't want to sit on the bench, if he was played ahead of Saka or Gaby, with both talking about new contracts, were could have fucked up massively.

I've been thinking about signings and basically, apart from center midfield, we need decent squad players not necessarily first choices. So my hope would be.....

Sign Savic from Lazio, loan with option to buy at 45m. I see him as a Xhaka replacement not backup to Partey. Can you imagine a Partey/Savic centre midfield? The new Vieira/Petit!

Offer 15m for Thuram at Moenchengladbach. Good backup for Jesus, may prove good enough as first choice. Only 25/26 so a sell on fee after 3/4 years is possible

Leandro Trossard - not that I rate him massively but his record is decent, premiership proven and his contract is up in the summer too so 12-15m might get him too. Good cover for Martinelli or Saka.

This would give us decent cover for striker, decent cover for wide left and right. Vieira is cover for Ode, Xhaka is cover for Savic or Partey. Right back we have Tomi and Benny Blanco, left back, Zinchenko and Tierney. CB we only have holding but Tomi or Benny could step in.

So we'd have decent cover everywhere for pretty much the layout we would have paid for Mudryk.

That would work for me and would give us a very decent second string to play Europa league games
Savic would definetly strengthen us in the middle, cheaper than Declan Rice as well

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:46 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:17 pm
Source BBC:

Arsenal have been offered Brighton and Belgium winger Leandro Trossard, 28, who is set to leave the Seagulls this month. (Independent)

Arsenal have made contact with Barcelona to explore deals for Brazil winger Raphinha, 26, and Spain forward Ferran Torres, 22.

Arsenal are interested in signing Real Valladolid's Spanish right-back Ivan Fresneda, 18.

:anyminute:
What is our obsession with wingers?? My wish is someone to replace Xhaka (an absolute pipe dream I know) and a CF who consistently scores 20+ goals per season. Imagine someone like van Persie, with Saka and Martinelli providing for him. We would be formidable.
Because saka cant play every game , we need back up , Nelson doesnt cut it.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:44 pm
Ivan Fresneda is definitely on our radar apparently but surprise, surprise the Chavs are sniffing around all of a sudden. :lol:

Raphina and Torres have stated in Marca (I think) that they aren't looking to leave Barca any time soon.

Trossard a decent shout but maybe not within our age profile really. Milinkovic Savic also not quite the preferred age group but a loan with option to buy would be tempting.

If a wide player is high on our list I wouldn't mind a cheeky bid to Brighton for Kaoru Mitoma. He's been excellent this season imo.

Declan Rice is a definite yes from me. One of those players that I don't think you appreciate unless he plays for your own team.
Trossard has the same goals and assists as Gabi , not a bad back up , they have triggered his year extension until 2024.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

We must have had no interest in that Danilo fella

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Exclusive via @klausgerman_: Arsenal's interest in Ferran Torres is genuine.

Torres is the Plan B at the moment. The club is working on a deal to sign their plan A, if they can't - Torres will join.

Have to correct this it's Facundo Torres who plays for Orlando not Ferran Torres who's currently at Barcelona.
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:17 pm

Torres is the Plan B at the moment. The club is working on a deal to sign their plan A, if they can't - Torres will join.
I bet he's delighted to hear he's plan B :D

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

I see we are being linked with the English Clive this morning! I will be fuming if we replace the Swiss turd, with his English doppelgänger.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:20 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:17 pm

I bet he's delighted to hear he's plan B :D
'Signing Plan A' sounds like it should be the name of a 80s new wave band.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

The mudryk deal to Chelsea is just getting stranger... reading reports that £20.5m of the fee is going towards funding the Ukrainian war effort against Russia. Is this even allowed to happen in a football transfer? Surely, that's a sweeter to gain an advantage which I thought was no longer allowed as part of transfer negotiations?
In addition, Shaktar settled for £60m after asking for £80m, and it reduces further Chelsea FFP liability.
FIFA wouldn't allow rainbow armbands but are happy for a club to help finance a war. This cannot be allowed to happen.
I'm not bothered about the player not coming to Arsenal, I'm bothered about the way Chelsea are ruining the transfer market and the FA, UEFA and FIFA are sitting on their hands.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:59 pm
Arsenal’s interest in Declan Rice is completely true. Been bubbling away over the last few weeks and it’s seen as a more likely move for the West Ham captain than Chelsea. Arsenal def have the money, especially with Cl qualification looking a formality #afc #whufc
In our game on Boxing Day, he was quite pally on the pitch and afterwards spoke glowingly of us I thought at that point he may be on for coming here.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

It was Chelsea that actually matched OUR price for Mudryk. The structure of the payments and addons was the major difference. Chelsea's proposals considered preferable.

We offered the player £50k nett per week which he was happy with but the Chavs offered double.

€25m donated to the Ukranian war effort being made by Shakhtar, was not part of the actual deal but why they wouldn't budge on price.

Source: The Chief Exec of Shakhtar via The Athletic. The interview is available on YouTube.

So those slating Edu and calling the club out for penny pinching take note. :oops: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have made initial contact with Bayer Leverkusen over Moussa Diaby. Leverkusen do not want to sell mid-season. Leverkusen were quoting €100m to interested clubs in the summer. #AFC #Bayer04 #MoussaDiaby

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:30 pm
It was Chelsea that actually matched OUR price for Mudryk. The structure of the payments and addons was the major difference. Chelsea's proposals considered preferable.

We offered the player £50k nett per week which he was happy with but the Chavs offered double.

€25m donated to the Ukranian war effort being made by Shakhtar, was not part of the actual deal but why they wouldn't budge on price.

Source: The Chief Exec of Shakhtar via The Athletic. The interview is available on YouTube.

So those slating Edu and calling the club out for penny pinching take note. :oops: :lol:
Thanks for that Clummo, good to know. :cheers: