Pimped up Mancs (who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Pimped up Manc fuckers(who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

Post by mcdowell42 »

2-1 to us

OneBardGooner

Re: Pimped up Manc fuckers(who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

Post by OneBardGooner »

scotgooner wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:21 pm
As a fairly young pup of 27 this is the biggest game of my Arsenal supporting career that I can remember.

Fucking massive.

Anyone got any Valium? :roll:
As an old fucker my advice to you (as John Bellushi said in Animal House) "Is to start drinking heavily"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uepFO4psgKE

And just to prove it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9j-ZU6M1pI

:proudtosay:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Potential champions don't lose away at Everton and draw at home to Brentford (regardless of VAR...which was a disgrace all the same). The wheels are wobbling and if we lose this against City, then it's title over and probably 3rd place at best and 4th if we seriously implode.

It's like watching a second decade Wenger season and it may be unfair, but I've always had the feeling that Arteta is the new Wenger. He's certainly a disciple of his. I also can't shake the notion that he takes advice from him, but that's pure personal speculation. He does seem to share a stubbornness and a refusal to change what isn't working. For a start, Tomi should replace White at RB and he's blind to the crapness of Xhaka and the ineffectiveness of Nketiah.

Sadly, I can't see anything but a loss here. Firstly City will smell blood and secondly, I can't see where our goals will come from. Last couple of games it's been slow tip tapping the ball across the pitch and backwards, with a lack of high tempo and incision. I've also got a vision of Haaland chasing a through ball and our keeper haring out and fucking up.

0-3. :(

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

John Brooks has been replaced as the VAR operator for two Premier League games.

He made a mistake when he was in charge of VAR for Brighton's 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace on Saturday.

#BBCFootball

The above guy was supposed to be on VAR for this game,no mention of tht clown Lee Mason

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:10 pm
John Brooks has been replaced as the VAR operator for two Premier League games.

He made a mistake when he was in charge of VAR for Brighton's 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace on Saturday.

#BBCFootball

The above guy was supposed to be on VAR for this game,no mention of tht clown Lee Mason

Both poor errors, but I make Mason's worse. Brooks put the line in the wrong place, pretty inept, but not impossible to understand and genuine human error...albeit daft. Mason didn't even bother to take a look. That's not human error, it's negligence' or worse.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:42 am
Potential champions don't lose away at Everton and draw at home to Brentford (regardless of VAR...which was a disgrace all the same). The wheels are wobbling and if we lose this against City, then it's title over and probably 3rd place at best and 4th if we seriously implode.

It's like watching a second decade Wenger season and it may be unfair, but I've always had the feeling that Arteta is the new Wenger. He's certainly a disciple of his. I also can't shake the notion that he takes advice from him, but that's pure personal speculation. He does seem to share a stubbornness and a refusal to change what isn't working. For a start, Tomi should replace White at RB and he's blind to the crapness of Xhaka and the ineffectiveness of Nketiah.

Sadly, I can't see anything but a loss here. Firstly City will smell blood and secondly, I can't see where our goals will come from. Last couple of games it's been slow tip tapping the ball across the pitch and backwards, with a lack of high tempo and incision. I've also got a vision of Haaland chasing a through ball and our keeper haring out and fucking up.

Certainly disappointing retro, to get in that position then sort of bottle it.....still a win on Wednesday and we are back on track...however doubtful that may seem, Martinelli totally out of sorts....White has some shocking games...Nketiah although he has a good goal record adds no real threat....Saka has been shackled by 2 man marking.....and Xhaka....FFS what does he do? thought he was a defensive midfielder although he cant tackle and has no pace....moved him forward into a more attacking role but he has no creativity....just cant see what he adds and im watching every game....to be fair overall we look really vulnerable all of a sudden
Missed ESR badly and no striker or decent midfield signing will cost us dear, but guess the aim when we started was top 4 so hopefully we can achieve that
Still keeping the faith with Arteta as hoping he knows what we need

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:21 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:

Certainly disappointing retro, to get in that position then sort of bottle it.....still a win on Wednesday and we are back on track...however doubtful that may seem, Martinelli totally out of sorts....White has some shocking games...Nketiah although he has a good goal record adds no real threat....Saka has been shackled by 2 man marking.....and Xhaka....FFS what does he do? thought he was a defensive midfielder although he cant tackle and has no pace....moved him forward into a more attacking role but he has no creativity....just cant see what he adds and im watching every game....to be fair overall we look really vulnerable all of a sudden
Missed ESR badly and no striker or decent midfield signing will cost us dear, but guess the aim when we started was top 4 so hopefully we can achieve that

Can't argue with your analysis of the team Red, spot on. No idea why he sticks with White, when Tomi is a better full back, Eddie offers no threat, as you say and what more can we say about Xhaka. His constant selection by Ateta and those before him, is the single biggest mystery in football.

I'm a big fan of Martinelli, but I highlighted on here 2 or 3 weeks ago, that he doesn't seem to take the full back on anymore. It's strange, because that was the exciting and effective part of his game and was why we all raved about him. I can't help wondering if he's been told to make sure we keep possession and to turn back and lay the ball off, which if true, would be a huge waste of his talents. It's another reason why I've suspected that Wenger might be advising, because that was the way his wingers played, especially the last 10 nears.

As for ESR, I know he's injured but I've always had the feeling that Arteta doesn't fancy him. H would be ideal in the forward attacking role that the clown Xhaka is filling.

I admire your optimism, because I tend to be a pessimistic bastard about football. Hope you're right.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:49 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:21 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:

Can't argue with your analysis of the team Red, spot on. No idea why he sticks with White, when Tomi is a better full back, Eddie offers no threat, as you say and what more can we say about Xhaka. His constant selection by Ateta and those before him, is the single biggest mystery in football.

I'm a big fan of Martinelli, but I highlighted on here 2 or 3 weeks ago, that he doesn't seem to take the full back on anymore. It's strange, because that was the exciting and effective part of his game and was why we all raved about him. I can't help wondering if he's been told to make sure we keep possession and to turn back and lay the ball off, which if true, would be a huge waste of his talents. It's another reason why I've suspected that Wenger might be advising, because that was the way his wingers played, especially the last 10 nears.

As for ESR, I know he's injured but I've always had the feeling that Arteta doesn't fancy him. H would be ideal in the forward attacking role that the clown Xhaka is filling.

I admire your optimism, because I tend to be a pessimistic bastard. Hope you're right.
:rubchin:

:lol:

:wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Our only chance for the league was a Leicester style momentum roll without hiccups. And I’m certainly not comparing our run to Leicester as we are a far better side. But crucially the Everton game was a bear pit with a new manager and that could not be predicted. We’ve then had a poor game but on the verge of getting away with it v Brentford we have been genuinely robbed. I fear that the wheels will come off properly on Wednesday. We’ve been fucked over royally and we don’t have the squad to deal with it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:54 pm
Our only chance for the league was a Leicester style momentum roll without hiccups. And I’m certainly not comparing our run to Leicester as we are a far better side. But crucially the Everton game was a bear pit with a new manager and that could not be predicted. We’ve then had a poor game but on the verge of getting away with it v Brentford we have been genuinely robbed. I fear that the wheels will come off properly on Wednesday. We’ve been fucked over royally and we don’t have the squad to deal with it.
I understand where you're coming from Bobby, but and it is a little 'but',

We are ahead of the planned schedule of the project, process etc... But 99.9% of us have been Genuinely Surprised, even shocked by what has so far been achieved in the Prem)... No way did I even envisage us being top Of The League at ANY time this season.

Arteta has nigh on worked miracles; particularly with such a young and mostly in-experienced squad..and I wouldn't rule out his ability to lift and successfully guide the team through these next few HUGE Games... It IS do-able, it Can be done! So keep the faith mon frèreI Keep The Faith. :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:04 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:

We are ahead of the planned schedule of the project, process etc... But 99.9% of us have been Genuinely Surprised, even shocked by what has so far been achieved in the Prem)... No way did I even envisage us being top Of The League at ANY time this season.

Arteta has nigh on worked miracles; particularly with such a young and mostly in-experienced squad..and I wouldn't rule out his ability to lift and successfully guide the team through these next few HUGE Games... It IS do-able, it Can be done! So keep the faith mon frèreI Keep The Faith. :barscarf:
Chelsea will be better next season. As will United. I think you’ll find this was our only chance of the league for a long long time.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:14 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:04 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Chelsea will be better next season. As will United. I think you’ll find this was our only chance of the league for a long long time.
Not "was" mate But... IS. "IS" !... We have to keep on Hoping and Believing.. Till The FatCunt Sings! :barscarf: Not easy I know... But to Give Up Before the End is definite, is a bit like waving a White Flag prematurely.

:|

Midz

Post by Midz »

We should have bought a proper striker in January. We needed one anyway even with Jesus playing ( he contributes massively but doesn't score).
Eddie has never been anything but a lightweight and never will be. he's ok for the occasional tap in (or fumble in in his case) but he showed again how useless he was against a team that park the bus as he'll never get into that position.

Oi Mikel! Buy a fucking striker, innit!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Lose this and I fully expect us to finish 3rd at best.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Midz wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:58 pm
We should have bought a proper striker in January. We needed one anyway even with Jesus playing ( he contributes massively but doesn't score).
Eddie has never been anything but a lightweight and never will be. he's ok for the occasional tap in (or fumble in in his case) but he showed again how useless he was against a team that park the bus as he'll never get into that position.

Oi Mikel! Buy a fucking striker, innit!
^^ This.

As you say Midz, Jesus creates lots of problems, but isn't a finisher and Eddie simply not good enough. We needed to add a striker, regardless of Jesus' injury. For some strange reason, they only seem to be interested in wingers :? . It will come back to haunt us...actually it already has.