Sporting H Thurs Mar 16th 2023 KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Re: Sporting A ThursMar 9th 2023 KO 17:45.

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Chuck it. Play the under 15s girls next week for all I care, especially as the Manc Filth look odds on to win it

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:43 pm
Chuck it. Play the under 15s girls next week for all I care, especially as the Manc Filth look odds on to win it
May as well get into next round and see where things stand. Can’t see Arsenal not playing a strong team in front of a capacity crowd at home.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

arrgee wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:16 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
May as well get into next round and see where things stand. Can’t see Arsenal not playing a strong team in front of a capacity crowd at home.
The problem is that the further we go in this then the more likely it is that Arteta plays his strongest team and we fuck away points in the league due to Injuries or fatigue. Imagine a massive league game on a Sunday and we have United home and away either side of it, fuck that. I'd take 3 points in the title race over winning this whole thing.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:09 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:18 pm
I think Arteta wants us to win every game. Momentum is key. We need a bigger squad but we don’t have it.
Agree with this. Its a noble ambition, but at some point pragmatic thinking has to come into play. This is a two bit competition. The league is what we need to win as a club. I fear Arteta's lack of top level experience and arrogance might make him believe he can win both comps with this paper thin squad. Hope I'm wrong. :|
The warning to Arteta was there on Saturday when he played a slightly weakened side against Bournemouth - ok he got away with that one, but he won’t be so lucky all the time. Fulham away is probably one of the hardest matches of the season this year. Not a place to go with tired legs, so we have just made Sunday just a bit harder. Not good.

augie

Post by augie »

Leyton Gooner wrote:

I'm not getting into the whole debate over whether we should throw it or not cos I an see valid arguments on both sides, but what I will say with absolute certainty is that no way would the manure scum beat us - I'm not saying that cos of last Sunday's freak result, I am saying it cos they have an average/shit team, and only 2 (maybe 3) of theirs would get into our team, and the others wouldnt even make the bench for us ffs.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:39 am
Leyton Gooner wrote:

I'm not getting into the whole debate over whether we should throw it or not cos I an see valid arguments on both sides, but what I will say with absolute certainty is that no way would the manure scum beat us - I'm not saying that cos of last Sunday's freak result, I am saying it cos they have an average/shit team, and only 2 (maybe 3) of theirs would get into our team, and the others wouldnt even make the bench for us ffs.
Problem is augie we have ten top players in our squad. The rest are either unproven, average, complete shit, or Lobotomy Clive. We go after both comps and any possible injuries and tired legs could reduce us below the manc filth's level quick enough.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:54 am
augie wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:39 am
Leyton Gooner wrote:

Problem is augie we have ten top players in our squad. The rest are either unproven, average, complete shit, or Lobotomy Clive. We go after both comps and any possible injuries and tired legs could reduce us below the manc filth's level quick enough.

Not disagreeing with you at all, but surely they have same situation as we have ? They dont have as many top players as we have (wouldnt say we have 10 either though), but maybe the drop off to our next level is bigger than the drop off to their next level ? Honestly though, a team featuring fat shaw, the winging portugese c.unt captain, fred, dalot, the dutch plank up front, and umpa lumpa argie centre back is nothing to be afraid of IF our players believe they can beat them

Midz

Post by Midz »

I didn't see the match or have any idea of the score until afterwards. Someone sent me a text saying that we were lucky. I don't know how true that was.
While I'd very much like to win this competition especially if it was at the expense of Utd (the scumbags) I wouldn't be too bothered if we just concentrated on the league.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:07 am
I didn't see the match or have any idea of the score until afterwards. Someone sent me a text saying that we were lucky. I don't know how true that was.
While I'd very much like to win this competition especially if it was at the expense of Utd (the scumbags) I wouldn't be too bothered if we just concentrated on the league.
Hiya Mate, You didn't miss much other than 2 good performances: Jorginho and Saliba AND 2 Dreadful performances (if they can be called that) by Turner and Kiwior.

The former is the kind of keeper we have had to endure since Seaman - and quite frankly only contributes to High Blood pressure....Kiwior was woeful... Just not good enough; I know it's his first start/appearance for the 1st Team, but having just re-watched the 8 minute highlights, I regret to say re-watching it only served to confirm my first impressions of the Live game last night and worst of all he reminds me of Clive.... Yup! I knowwwwww. :cry:

Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4GHOBOUzgg

Surely Arteta will have to start our strongest 11 if we are to beat these diving, cheating, whinging Cun.ts - Their whole team reminded me of the worst traits of bruno fernandez...

It didn't help that the ref was as per ie: fucking useless.

OneBardGooner

Re: SportingCockSuckers H Thurs Mar 16th 2023 KO 8pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

Change of heading.

Hope you approve FG!? :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:07 am

Lucky might be slight exageration tbh - imo we were largely disinterested and played like a team that had made multiple changes, and we totally lacked creativity as we usually do when saka is not on form.

Our new polish centre back was poor on first goal no doubt, BUT the ball was headed from within the 6 yard box so 99% of the blame lies with the keeper who didnt command his area at all (despite clearly calling for the ball). I get that it is especially hard for a keeper to be required sharpness when he hasnt played in 2 months, but he was fcuking awful on that goal and nothing excuses him on it imo. The rush to condemn our new centre back having just played 70 mins for the club is shocking - I get called out for negativity here all the time, but even I wouldnt write off a guy who has just moved to a new club in a new country and who had never played with most of these guys before, and lets not forget that he hasnt played a competitive game in over 2 months as well. Let's give the guy a bit of time and hopefully more minutes (I'd start him in second leg) and hopefully then we'll have a better chance to assess him and see what we got.

The thing with rotation has always been an issue for me regardless of who the manager is - I sometimes think that if we are going to rotate, then we would be better off rotating the full team rather than half a team. What we seemed to have last night was a few players unmotivated cos some of their buddies were rested when they had to play, and I get the argument that our second 11 might not be good enough, but at least you would have (in theory) 11 players desperate to impress and working hard.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:36 am
Change of heading.

OneBard, sorry mate we've been asked to tone those down for a while because of a change to a new host and advertising revenue might be affected. I'll change it back. :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:49 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Change of heading.

OneBard, sorry mate we've been asked to tone those down for a while because of a change to a new host and advertising revenue might be affected. I'll change it back. :wink:
:shock:

But it's still okay to call them "Cock Suckers" in our posts right?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:52 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:49 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Change of heading.

:shock:

But it's still okay to call them "Cock Suckers" in our posts right?
:lol:

Oh absolutely. Practically compulsory. :D

robbo10

Re: Sporting H Thurs Mar 16th 2023 KO 8pm

Post by robbo10 »

I’m reading “former Arsenal star Hector Bellerin” could be available for Sporting next week,he’s got be worth 2 goals surely