ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
fivetothree

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by fivetothree »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:55 am
fivetothree wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:27 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 10:26 pm
augie wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 10:02 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 5:09 pm
🚨 Arsenal are open to offers for Rob Holding this summer, sources have told Football Insider. Mikel Arteta intends to return Ben White to his natural position & strengthen at right-back, with Ajax’s Devyne Rensch a potential target. [@SportsPeteO] #afc

White is too small for centre half - if he isnt good enough at right full, then get rid of him. Maybe if he wasnt so blaise about the game he might actually improve as a player :rubchin: :roll:
Agreed. He’ll be bullied at centre back by any big lump.
He was fine at CB last season. I'd be more than happy for him to be 3rd choice CB and Kiwior 4th.
Fine or "flawless"? Because you are a bit loose with the definitions.... :lol:
Oh don't be a WUM mate. FFS.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Thomas Partey wanted by two clubs as Mikel Arteta plans huge Arsenal summer rebuild

mirror.co.uk/sport/football…

Arsenal set to announce Bukayo Saka has signed a new 5-year deal this afternoon. Saka now one of #AFC’s highest earners.

Very positive extension talks ongoing with William Saliba and Martin Odegaard. Reiss Nelson also deep in talks over a 5-year deal rather than leaving on free.
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Tue May 23, 2023 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Understand Bukayo Saka has signed the new long term contract with Arsenal, done and sealed. Huge one for Gunners after the verbal agreement reached in February.

Official announcement, next formal step expected very soon. ⚪️🔴 #AFC

Here we go, confirmed.

Italian mush on twitter

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 10:02 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 5:09 pm
🚨 Arsenal are open to offers for Rob Holding this summer, sources have told Football Insider. Mikel Arteta intends to return Ben White to his natural position & strengthen at right-back, with Ajax’s Devyne Rensch a potential target. [@SportsPeteO] #afc

White is too small for centre half - if he isnt good enough at right full, then get rid of him. Maybe if he wasnt so blaise about the game he might actually improve as a player :rubchin: :roll:
He's certainly not the most masculine defender.

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 6:54 am
🚨 Arsenal trying to sign Man City captain Ilkay Gundogan. Arteta wants 32yo if Xhaka goes. Fresh attempts will be made to keep him at #MCFC + other options. #AFC additionally pushing hard for Rice & Mount + renewed efforts to secure Nwaneri @TheAthleticFC
Gundogan has peaked. Sure he was a good player and could add something to our midfield but for how long? City only wannna keep him for another year but we'll do something silly like offer him a 3 year contract and huge wages. Haven't we learned anything from the likes of Cech & co?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Bukayo Saka has signed new contract to keep him at Arsenal until 2027. Deal for 21yo England int’l 4 years; no option to extend. Worth ~£15m per season. Strong interest from other clubs but only ever wanted to stay + win honours with #AFC @TheAthleticFC

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

[quote =mcdowell42 post_id=1225500 time=1684847458 user_id=3200]
🚨 Bukayo Saka has signed new contract to keep him at Arsenal until 2027. Deal for 21yo England int’l 4 years; no option to extend. Worth ~£15m per season. Strong interest from other clubs but only ever wanted to stay + win honours with #AFC @TheAthleticFC
[/quote]

Good that he is staying in the village. :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

:lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Bukayo Saka signs! But the work is not done at Arsenal | @Football_LDN

🔴 Ben White's contract situation
🔴 Martin Odegaard happy at the Emirates
🔴 Pushing to keep Reiss Nelson
🔴 Club confident on William Saliba

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 9:22 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 7:20 pm
I'd keep him for the time being, but buy not just somebody to challenge him, but someone to replace him. I'd be after a new number one keeper.

I think we have bigger problems to spend our money on .
If you look at my original post, I analysed all the weak points of the team (as I see them). Somebody then asked me a specific question about Ramsdale, which I answered and you’ve quoted my answer.

So we might well have bigger problems, but there’s big question marks over him in my opinion. My priority would be a top class goal scoring striker and two quality central midfielders. I actually think that our collection of defenders isn’t as bad as some think, but Arteta needs to use them properly and they need adequate cover from centre midfield, which our defence hasn’t had for about 15 years.

All that said, Ramsdale will cost us points. He’s worryingly unreliable.
I asked the question, he has also saved us a lot of points this season, he will improve ,beyter cover in front of him will also help his confidence, I do believe we need a better no 2 though but we have other priorities this summer.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 1:10 pm
Now that he's on superstar wages he needs to produce big boy performances and not go AWOL for the business end of the season as he did this year (and last).

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 1:10 pm

I know that I will be fleeced for saying this, BUT if he wants to win honours at AFC, then he is gonna have to do a lot more in crunch games instead of going hiding like he did in the last 2 months. Our rodders defended him for a while on the assumption that is was burnout that was affecting him, but in the end even rodders accepted that saka didnt want the ball and didnt want the responsibility, and I know that he is young still, but he also is an experienced international player and TA6 was never given a free pass cos of his age

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Great minds Augie :lol:

Yeah I did defend him for a good while because there's no doubt he has been overplayed by Arteta (he played a part in all 6 group games in the EL for example :roll: ).....BUT it's not like he's starting games well and chipping in with goals and assists before fading towards the end due to fatigue he's completely no showed the last 2 months, totally unacceptable and something he shouldn't get a pass for now and certainly not next season when he's on 300 grand a week.

1 goal in his last 9 league games.....piss poor.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Jesus ,harsh lads , I think he is burnt out as Arteta never rotates , he hasnt had a break for three years. He didn't hide for the pen against West Ham , he didnt hide for the first one for us after the England miss either which he also stepped up for.

I know you're all angry for our poor last 8 months but theres other players to target before him.

He's clearly showed a lot of character already at such a young age , a 'hider' is the last thing I'd call him.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 3:22 pm
Jesus ,harsh lads , I think he is burnt out as Arteta never rotates , he hasnt had a break for three years. He didn't hide for the pen against West Ham , he didnt hide for the first one for us after the England miss either which he also stepped up for.

I know you're all angry for our poor last 8 months but theres other players to target before him.

He's clearly showed a lot of character already at such a young age , a 'hider' is the last thing I'd call him.
I agree.