Welcome Declan Rice

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Do you want Rice at Arsenal

Poll ended at Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:51 pm

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 27

fivetothree

Re: Declan Rice

Post by fivetothree »

Good the medical is all booked in. This guy is a class player.

Xhaka was good for us last season, but this is a definite upgrade.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

fivetothree wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:26 am

Do you think he will directly replace Xhaka ?

In which case where does Havertz play ? £50m + add ons is a huge amount to pay for a sub (Havertz) if not.

Of course, squad depth is great, the ability to change tactics depending on opposition and being able to rest someone before they get to the point of being crocked is massive.

I’m intrigued to see what formation (s) we play

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 || Confirmed - Medical booked tomorrow for Rice. Documents to be checked and signed within 24hrs. Club record deal now finally set to be officially completed [Via - @FabrizioRomano].

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:35 pm
🚨 || Confirmed - Medical booked tomorrow for Rice. Documents to be checked and signed within 24hrs. Club record deal now finally set to be officially completed [Via - @FabrizioRomano].
Crazy money for a good but not great player. But fuck it, its done, I hope he becomes an Arsenal Legend. 8)

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:27 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:35 pm
Crazy money for a good but not great player. But fuck it, its done, I hope he becomes an Arsenal Legend. 8)

Yep, exactly as I see it. Seems far to expensive and I’m sure we could have got better for that money, but he’s ours now so let’s hope he makes us doubters eat our words. I’ll cheer long and loud if he does.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

When you consider we got rid of the Basel bulge for 21 mil :rubchin: that means we in effect got Rice for 84 mill :rubchin: Is he an 84 mill upgrade on that useless arsepiece ? :rubchin: I say he definitely is :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:32 pm
The Irish still aren’t happy. :lol:

https://twitter.com/PGaillimh/status/16 ... _&ref_url=
Superb levels of shithousery. :lol:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:12 pm
When you consider we got rid of the Basel bulge for 21 mil :rubchin: that means we in effect got Rice for 84 mill :rubchin: Is he an 84 mill upgrade on that useless arsepiece ? :rubchin: I say he definitely is :barscarf:
Thats the way i see it , hes cost us 84 million , I believe he'll hopefully prove the doubters wrong.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:32 pm
The Irish still aren’t happy. :lol:

https://twitter.com/PGaillimh/status/16 ... _&ref_url=
Good.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:06 pm
fivetothree wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:26 am

Do you think he will directly replace Xhaka ?

In which case where does Havertz play ? £50m + add ons is a huge amount to pay for a sub (Havertz) if not.

Of course, squad depth is great, the ability to change tactics depending on opposition and being able to rest someone before they get to the point of being crocked is massive.

I’m intrigued to see what formation (s) we play
I think it depends if we sell Partey or not. If we keep him, I can see Rice doing the box to box role with Partey holding. Perhaps in that situation Havertz will play slightly further forward.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Imagine he fails his medical…. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Kingralph wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:20 am
As part of the 'Deal' there is an insurance codex which underwrites that if such a situation like that (Failed Medical) were to happen, then West Ham would have to re-imburse us 99% of the fee and then we sue their sorry asses in court for further damages, for them not disclosing said medical condition; even if they claimed they were not aware of it.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:43 am
Kingralph wrote:
As part of the 'Deal' there is an insurance codex which underwrites that if such a situation like that (Failed Medical) were to happen, then West Ham would have to re-imburse us 99% of the fee and then we sue their sorry asses in court for further damages, for them not disclosing said medical condition; even if they claimed they were not aware of it.
I was thinking more along the lines of how long and drawn out this transfer has been, and how many column inches will have been wasted.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Kingralph wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:48 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:43 am
Kingralph wrote:
I was thinking more along the lines of how long and drawn out this transfer has been, and how many column inches will have been wasted.
Wasted? Aaaah mate - It has helped us all see whose side everyone is one. :D :wink: :wink: