ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

EXCL: Arsenal have submitted opening bid for David Raya to Brentford tonight. The proposal is worth £20m fixed fee plus £3m add-ons 🚨🔴⚪️ #AFC

Raya told Brentford that he wants the move as personal terms are already agreed.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:09 pm
EXCL: Arsenal have submitted opening bid for David Raya to Brentford tonight. The proposal is worth £20m fixed fee plus £3m add-ons 🚨🔴⚪️ #AFC

Raya told Brentford that he wants the move as personal terms are already agreed.

Brentford want £40m and we offered half that :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:09 pm

And Brentford told Raya to fuck off because they want £40m.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Well if we have genuinely made an offer then I expect us to get him for 28-30m.
He only has a year left and Brentford certainly can't afford to let him go for free. With the Chavs signing Sanchez today the pressure is on Brentford.

A Raya sunshine could be heading out way! :barscarf:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

We need a striker.

Going no where with Eddie upfront. Jesus ain't good enough himself, but Eddie is on par with holding

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:23 pm
We need a striker.

Going no where with Eddie upfront. Jesus ain't good enough himself, but Eddie is on par with holding
This ^^.

We are doing nothing this season if we do not sign a striker.

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:04 pm
How about we get rid of Jesus?

He spends a lot of the time injured so is not reliable.
He doesn't score many goals

He does work hard for the team when fit and is creative.

I dunno, I don't think i'd be sorry to see him go as long as we replaced him with decent quality.

Two very good points - I continue to say that Jesus is an excellent footballer but imo he doesnt score enough goals, but even if you leave that part aside there are some real questions about his durability now too

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

EXCL: Nottingham Forest submitted an official bid for Matt Turner. 🚨🔴🌳

Understand the proposal has been made for permanent transfer, talks advancing with Arsenal.

Crucial step in goalkeepers domino as #AFC keep negotiating with Brentford for David Raya, deal getting closer.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Brentford expected to turn down opening Arsenal offer for David Raya but proposal is only slightly below what #BrentfordFC are seeking + talks continue. Both parties want deal for 27yo GK to happen & are now working on finer details @TheAthleticFC #AFC

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Eddie will NEVER be the quality of Striker we need. As for Balogun, he looked way off the mark when he played a few games for us the season before last and just because he has (apparently) done well in the Frog League, the level of that compared to the prem is as different between day & night.

In the few interviews he has done on their recent US pre-season tour he talks the Big talk but whether he can actually deliver has yet to be seen.

We definitely DO need to sign a Striker (Proper) though, or else it will more than likely come back and bit us in the derriere.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:29 am
Midz wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:04 pm
How about we get rid of Jesus?

He spends a lot of the time injured so is not reliable.
He doesn't score many goals

He does work hard for the team when fit and is creative.

I dunno, I don't think i'd be sorry to see him go as long as we replaced him with decent quality.

Two very good points - I continue to say that Jesus is an excellent footballer but imo he doesnt score enough goals, but even if you leave that part aside there are some real questions about his durability now too
I'm wondering if City were happy to sell him and Zinchenko because of underlying injury issues now qhich weren't so obvious to an outsider because they were on the bench a lot.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:39 am
Eddie will NEVER be the quality of Striker we need. As for Balogun, he looked way off the mark when he played a few games for us the season before last and just because he has (apparently) done well in the Frog League, the level of that compared to the prem is as different between day & night.

In the few interviews he has done on their recent US pre-season tour he talks the Big talk but whether he can actually deliver has yet to be seen.

We definitely DO need to sign a Striker (Proper) though, or else it will more than likely come back and bit us in the derriere.
I think Balogun may have great potential but like a lot of youngsters , too cocky think they're better than they are and not willing to learn and fight, Bentley anyone. Arteta wont tolerate that , its down to him really , I'd like him to stay , knuckle down and learn and sell Eddie personally .

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The Jesus problem all stems from the slavery, greed, corruption and death World Cup.......I fucking hope the Brazilian FA are picking up most of the fucking tab although I doubt it :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:17 pm
Well if we have genuinely made an offer then I expect us to get him for 28-30m.
He only has a year left and Brentford certainly can't afford to let him go for free. With the Chavs signing Sanchez today the pressure is on Brentford.

A Raya sunshine could be heading out way! :barscarf:
That is a far more realistic figure; if not more for Raya as he appears to be a very decent keeper.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:45 pm
The Jesus problem all stems from the slavery, greed, corruption and death World Cup.......I fucking hope the Brazilian FA are picking up most of the fucking tab although I doubt it :banghead:
Well considering FatCunt Blatter was in charge for 17yrs+ and as we all know a well dodgyCunt (I would say Co**upt - but that remark might get removed :wink: )

And there is no reason to think that even though a new regime is in place, there are those who were on the old board/committee still present - So it wouldn't be too much of a surprise to think the whole shytehouse is not what it should or appears to be.

I mean with Gianni Infantino (He of the " I have very strong feelings, I feel feel Gay/ Disabled etc etc :blah: :roll: " speech) what a puke inducingCUNT he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53sXMPaNcVE

Yet they still went ahead with the competition hosted by / in a country where Women are treated as Second Class Citizens (If they're lucky) Where migrants died in their hundred's whilst building the stadiums and infrastructure for the competition...And of course The World's Press and ALL The Pundits went along for the ride..KERRRRCHHIINNGGG!