Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
45%

Total votes: 101

OneBardGooner

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by OneBardGooner »

For the record: even though I think Arteta is an arrogant arsehole who (sadly) will; having changed the very divided and suicidal culture of many of the fans and so temporarily uniting the majority of the fanbase once more, he will because of his narrow minded, belligerent, arrogant refusal to admit to his failings ( havertz, raya, kiwior, zinchenko, in-game-management) eventually Undo any of the good work he has achieved so far and we shall all end up back up Shitcreek without a paddle or snorkel, just as we were when the demented despotic Wenger was ousted.

BUT I hate Eddie the fat-faced-eat-shitand still grin whilst sucking a smelly cock even more. So anyone saying we would cream ourselves had we appointed Eddie and his bitch Tindall is Delusional.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source: BBC Sports/Football:

See if this makes any kind of 'sense' instead of the inane Bollocks it sounds to me

"Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta on why he didn't sign a striker in January: "I will wait until Sunday and if we score a lot of goals? I think like this, I love my players and on Sunday we are going to score goals and be top. The players fully deserve our credit. Do I trust in the players? Absolutely."

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:34 pm

See if this makes any kind of 'sense' instead of the inane Bollocks it sounds to me

"Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta on why he didn't sign a striker in January: "I will wait until Sunday and if we score a lot of goals? I think like this, I love my players and on Sunday we are going to score goals and be top. The players fully deserve our credit. Do I trust in the players? Absolutely."

:lol: :lol:
He's in full Wenger mode there. Never fear, he'll soon be taking us to the next level, which is the.....errr, next level.

John F

Post by John F »

OneBardGooner wrote:

He also said some weird stuff about Zinchenko and white sharing wives and everything. I can only guess that Zinchenko has trouble covering his wife's left-hand side so White has to help him out.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

John F wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:56 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

He also said some weird stuff about Zinchenko and white sharing wives and everything. I can only guess that Zinchenko has trouble covering his wife's left-hand side so White has to help him out.
Might explain why White is reluctant to come inside and prefers to go around the back :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:05 pm
John F wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:56 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Might explain why White is reluctant to come inside and prefers to go around the back :rubchin:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Made me Laugh Out Loud there Guys ! :high5:

What is (well kind of) Ironic is that Ben White is anything but. :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thing is Arteta may want a player but does he or Edu have the final nod of the head to the kroenkes to splash the cash?
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Us Wilson has jumped the shark.

I'm out.

Its pigeon chess

You have him in check, then he shits on the table, knocks all the pieces out and struts around all puffed up as if he's won the game.

Waste of time chaps

He's clueless.

Midz

Post by Midz »

the playing mantis wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:53 pm
Us Wilson has jumped the shark.

I'm out.

Its pigeon chess

You have him in check, then he shits on the table, knocks all the pieces out and struts around all puffed up as if he's won the game.

Waste of time chaps

He's clueless.
I nearly choked on my drink at this, you daft bugger!! Very funny. :D :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A Question for Wilson2.0

Not having a go mate, but out of the 25 signings below (by Arteta & Edu) how many would you say have been successful signings?

25) Havertz

24) Raya

23) Rice

22) Runar Alex Runarsson

21) Auston Trusty

20) Willian

19) Marquinhos

18) Albert Sambi Lokonga

17) Nuno Tavares

16) Mat Ryan

15) Jakub Kiwior

14) Fabio Vieira

13) Matt Turner

12) Pablo Mari

11) Cedric Soares

10) Jorginho

9) Takehiro Tomiyasu

8 ) Thomas Partey

7) Leandro Trossard

6) Gabriel Magalhaes

5) Ben White

4) Oleksandr Zinchenko

3) Aaron Ramsdale

2) Gabriel Jesus

1) Martin Odegaard

I count Eight. :?

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:13 pm
A Question for Wilson2.0

Not having a go mate, but out of the 25 signings below (by Arteta & Edu) how many would you say have been successful signings?

25) Havertz

24) Raya

23) Rice

22) Runar Alex Runarsson

21) Auston Trusty

20) Willian

19) Marquinhos

18) Albert Sambi Lokonga

17) Nuno Tavares

16) Mat Ryan

15) Jakub Kiwior

14) Fabio Vieira

13) Matt Turner

12) Pablo Mari

11) Cedric Soares

10) Jorginho

9) Takehiro Tomiyasu

8 ) Thomas Partey

7) Leandro Trossard

6) Gabriel Magalhaes

5) Ben White

4) Oleksandr Zinchenko

3) Aaron Ramsdale

2) Gabriel Jesus

1) Martin Odegaard

Marquinhos cost 3m. Matt Turner was bought as a back up keeper, never played a league game and was sold for a profit - what's the issue?

How have we surged up the table if all his signings are shit?

Although my biggest issue if the blind faith belief replacing Arteta means we would get better. No one is willing to admit Conte if he replaced Arteta, could turn into a fuking disaster.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

If we sacked Arteta. He would win a top 5 domestic league title before we win the PL.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:26 pm
If we sacked Arteta. He would win a top 5 domestic league title before we win the PL.
Please answer the questions Augie asked.

It's all for research

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:02 pm
Thing is Arteta may want a player but does he or Edu have the final nod of the head to the kroenkes to splash the cash?
The Kroenkes gave him £250m to spent in the summer.I'm no fan of the Kroenkes but the argument that they haven't backed Arteta with money just doesn't hold water. We have spent £700m in Arteta's reign and he won one FA Cup with Emery's team

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:24 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:13 pm
A Question for Wilson2.0

25) Havertz

24) Raya

23) Rice

22) Runar Alex Runarsson

21) Auston Trusty

20) Willian

19) Marquinhos

18) Albert Sambi Lokonga

17) Nuno Tavares

16) Mat Ryan

15) Jakub Kiwior

14) Fabio Vieira

13) Matt Turner

12) Pablo Mari

11) Cedric Soares

10) Jorginho

9) Takehiro Tomiyasu

8 ) Thomas Partey

7) Leandro Trossard

6) Gabriel Magalhaes

5) Ben White

4) Oleksandr Zinchenko

3) Aaron Ramsdale

2) Gabriel Jesus

1) Martin Odegaard

Marquinhos cost 3m. Matt Turner was bought as a back up keeper, never played a league game and was sold for a profit - what's the issue?

How have we surged up the table if all his signings are shit?

Although my biggest issue if the blind faith belief replacing Arteta means we would get better. No one is willing to admit Conte if he replaced Arteta, could turn into a fuking disaster.

You don’t read what people write do you? Actually, I think you read it but choose to apply your own bad faith understanding. How many times do people have to say that replacing Arteta would be no guarantee of success. It’s always a risk.

However, keeping him is absolutely no guarantee of success. Losers settle for mediocrity. Winners realise that calculated risk is necessary. He’s had 4 years and 700 million and how much further on are we? We’ll get nowhere near the title this season and the team have clearly regressed. Worst of all, he’s got the Wenger gene and won’t admit he’s wrong.

As for him winning a league title, he might have a chance with one of the big two in Scotland, but that’s about his level.

Everyone’s asking…would you mind answering augie’s questions please?