Manure A Sun May 12th KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Manure A Sun May 12th KO 430pm

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 2:01 pm
I think we can be a bit hard on Saka. The guy is amazing and it's easy to lose our shit when he has an off day. He seems to be brilliant or total pants, there's not an 'ok' level to him really. I was certainly shouting for him to be subbed on the hour yesterday, he had an awful game......but let's not forget, he's 22 years old, he's flogged to death because we don't have much option to replace him and in what seems to have been a mediocre season for him......he has 16 goals and 9 assists. That's fucking excellent by any midfielders standards. We should cut him a bit of slack now and then. :rubchin:
Theo Walcott scored 21 and assisted 14 in the 2012/13 season, doesn’t mean much in the long run; and before it starts I’m not comparing the two, I’m simply highlighting that stats aren’t exactly the measure of “quality.”

Saka is a quite an inconsistent player. He goes missing more often than not. He SEEMS quite easy to mark out of a game when the defence cottons onto him real quick, and it’s evident that if the team is having a bad game then he does too. That has been evident throughout this season AND last, at least. Let’s be honest, there has never been a game in which he, alone, has grabbed by the scruff of the neck and pulled us to a draw or victory; and I’m talking about performance as well as goals.

I fully agree that he’s been overplayed. Having Reiss Nelson as back up RW is hardly suitable substitute or competition for Saka. We also must accept that Arteta persisting with him each game, especially in games he’s been pony, has been both a hindrance to him AND the team as a whole. Yesterday is yet another example of how poor Saka has been and how Arteta chose to keep him on, only forced to take him off due to apparently injury. Arteta does it time and again, regardless of Saka’s form. It doesn’t help Saka and it doesn’t help Arsenal.

I’ll be honest, I’m quite far from a Saka fan. I think he’s very overrated and often ineffectual / that’s both in sort to him AND Arteta. I’d be happy to give him a fair shake of the stick if he had a suitable deputy/competition for the RW spot; but right now, I fee overhyping and overdepending on a player that is largely inconstant is detrimental to his development and to the team.

augie

Post by augie »

goonertux wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:26 am
I agree, some of the negativity is way over the top at times but I think it stems from the fact that it has been a great season on reflection, and yet it’s likely we’ll just fail by just a couple of points. (Newcastle away :banghead: )
However, there are so many positives to take at the moment, and considering we are up against pure corruption and rule-breaking over the years with no punishment, things look bright.
Yes, Arteta’s in game tactics can sometimes be baffling. And we are carrying a few squad players.
But come on, calling Saka a c*nt because he has a quiet game is ridiculous.
Don’t hold out much hope of the filth doing us any favours but you never know.
Stay positive Gooners!

Out of curiousity buddy, who is that aimed at ? I'm not gonna go back through my posts now but I dont think I called saka a c.unt at all - I absolutely did call ben white a c.unt cos his attitude stinks imo, but I think that if anyone called saka a c.unt on here yesterday it wasnt me

If I did call him a c.unt I will apologise because whilst I will admit to being unhappy with his performances for months now, I am very much defensive of our home grown players as a rule so to abuse him like that would be wrong of me

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It is often those things called "Passion" and"Frustration" that can lead to people reacting in such a negative way to the Manager or Players or A specific Player...and sometimes towards other posters when things that were hoped for (by some expected) when they don't materialise.

We have all (as Rodders or DB might say) "Lost Our Shit' in the heat of the moment about a mistake or situation in a Game, just the same as in life, but in the end We ALL Care that's why we come on this forum to share those passions, frustrations, thoughts, hopes, fears, opinions etc etc; admittedly some are more Negative or less Hopeful or Positive in their pre-game or post-game comments; especially during a game.

It's called Being a Fan (A Gooner) It's just that we all have our individual take on things and when someone says something we disagree with... Our Ego kicks in and then accusations start flying etc.

As a wise man once said: "There Is Only One Devil In The World And That Is The Ego".

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

You’ve called me names for less, OBG! :roll: :lol:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 6:37 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 6:26 pm
EC1 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 6:01 pm
Seriously some of the comments on here I really can’t get my head around.

Calling players c*unts, really this is what you do?

Lesbians etc etc

I get the feeling some on here would be happier if Arsenal lost and then you can go into one.

Seriously we are going into the last game and yet the numourous players are c*unts.

Can’t get my head round it
Couldn't agree more
This forum exists in the matrix. One more home win and only the Invincibles have a higher points tally in our history. We have already won more games than the Invincibles did in a 38 game season, and yet people still cant help themselves.
I watched the game in a sports bar, without the hysteria, agenda driven diatribe that gets spouted in here
Probably 50 people, 35 Arsenal, 10 Mancs and a few neutrals.

At no point did it look like Utd scoring once we had the lead, Raya had hardly anything to do, Onana had to make good saves from Martinelli and Rice to stop us sealing the victory.

As already stated some would rather we lose, to fit their agenda as Arteta hates Tierney, loves Zinchencko, hates ESR, loves Vieira etc, etc

Still in with a shout on the final day, most wins in a season EVER, most goals scored, best defence, etc, etc yet keyboard warriors know more than the manager :lol:

Yes we have dropped points, so have city, we have both failed to win 10 games, so far, they are on for an unprecedented 4 th title win on the spin, last year won the treble, may yet win the double and yet we are expected to win every game :lol: :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 5:30 pm
goonertux wrote:
I agree, some of the negativity is way over the top at times but I think it stems from the fact that it has been a great season on reflection, and yet it’s likely we’ll just fail by just a couple of points. (Newcastle away :banghead: )
However, there are so many positives to take at the moment, and considering we are up against pure corruption and rule-breaking over the years with no punishment, things look bright.
Yes, Arteta’s in game tactics can sometimes be baffling. And we are carrying a few squad players.
Stay positive Gooners!

Out of curiousity buddy, who is that aimed at ? I'm not gonna go back through my posts now but I dont think I called saka a c.unt at all - I absolutely did call ben white a c.unt cos his attitude stinks imo, but I think that if anyone called saka a c.unt on here yesterday it wasnt me

If I did call him a c.unt I will apologise because whilst I will admit to being unhappy with his performances for months now, I am very much defensive of our home grown players as a rule so to abuse him like that would be wrong of me

In fairness augie, I don't think it was you. I wasn't reading the forum during the game and caught up with it afterwards and Saka was subject to quite a "cunting off". Passions run high during games, especially when the stakes are high, but at the risk of sounding holier than thou, I don't give players that sort of abuse. I'll say they're fucking useless and need getting rid of (Partey, Vieira, Cedric, Xhaka when he was here), but I alaways maintain that it isn't their fault that the manager buys/picks them.

As I said, I know that passions run high, but the oscillating of opinions amongst some on here about players / the manager / our chances in general, can be laughable. At least you and I are consistent with our curmudgeonly pessimism and questioning of Arteta. :lol:

Still, as OBG says, all Gooners together and all want the same thing.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:20 pm
augie wrote:
goonertux wrote:
Stay positive Gooners!

In fairness augie, I don't think it was you. I wasn't reading the forum during the game and caught up with it afterwards and Saka was subject to quite a "cunting off". Passions run high during games, especially when the stakes are high, but at the risk of sounding holier than thou, I don't give players that sort of abuse. I'll say they're fucking useless and need getting rid of (Partey, Vieira, Cedric, Xhaka when he was here), but I alaways maintain that it isn't their fault that the manager buys/picks them.

As I said, I know that passions run high, but the oscillating of opinions amongst some on here about players / the manager / our chances in general, can be laughable. At least you and I are consistent with our curmudgeonly pessimism and questioning of Arteta. :lol:

It was just a generalisation, Augie, not aimed at anyone in particular. I also came to the thread after the game and couldn’t believe some of the abuse.
I get the ‘heat of the moment’ reactions but some of it is way over the top.
Anyway, the Victims are winning so here’s hoping!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

It was big Poppa that called Saka a c.unt :oops:

Now in my defence no medical professional would ever allow me near an Arsenal match ever again if I was rigged up to a monitor duiring a game.

I’m shitting my brains out an hour before kick off, I can’t bring myself to watch a second of the build up and I just switch the game after it’s kicked off.

I post on here throughout the match because it keeps me from going completely insane and I definitely post stuff I regret afterwards.

I love Saka but yesterday in the heat of the moment with 9 months of hard work in the balance the way he was playing (and others around him to be fair) had me on the verge of a nervous breakdown and I cut loose.

I take it all back, if there’s any c.unt around the it’s Roddaz 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:20 pm
augie wrote:
goonertux wrote:
Stay positive Gooners!

But it was only you and me that have been name checked and called out on here (mostly by usual sneaky c.unts) - if it wasnt me that cunted saka off, then why not name the ones who did ? Its easier to make it about me and turn it into a witch hunt where a mob basically go down the cyber bullying route and make it about the poster not the post. Its become a trend on here and I would accept it if it was used against all posters equally but it isnt, but cest la vie I guess

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Why don’t we all meet up in a pub near the ground and sort out our differences? Hugh Jackman is free to oversee proceedings. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 8:16 pm

Now in my defence no medical professional would ever allow me near an Arsenal match ever again if I was rigged up to a monitor duiring a game.

I’m shitting my brains out an hour before kick off, I can’t bring myself to watch a second of the build up and I just switch the game after it’s kicked off.

I post on here throughout the match because it keeps me from going completely insane and I definitely post stuff I regret afterwards.

I love Saka but yesterday in the heat of the moment with 9 months of hard work in the balance the way he was playing (and others around him to be fair) had me on the verge of a nervous breakdown and I cut loose.

I knew it was you rodders, but in my world people are allowed to rant and rave in moments of extreme pressure without taking everything they say literally. My issue is that it is me that is being name checked and abused again - this isnt a popularity contest and I dont give a fcuk if people want to dismiss me or ignore me cos of things I say, but I do take issue with being blamed in the wrong, and like I say, we'll see if any of those that went after me now change and go after you cos if it is the comment that offends people so much, then their outrage shouldnt change now that somebody else said it surely ?

Anyway like I said rodders, I didnt for one second take what you said about saka literally - you have defended him here in the past on many occasions when I and others have criticised him, so your loyalty is beyond reproach in my opinion

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The scum away match and again yesterday were 2 games I felt I was going to collapse under the pressure Augie.

So much so that when Rice gave away the penalty against the scum I left the house before it was even taken and didn’t watch any more of the game because I simply couldn’t take it anymore. That’s the first time I’ve ever done that and it’s a worrying development. Now I still couldn’t bring myself to have no connection with the game so I stared at the seconds ticking past on the live scores app until full time while walking around outside.

Regarding Saka there have actually been games where I’ve argued for and against taking him off! He can be playing so poorly and having so little impact that I can be screaming for him to be subbed but at the same time can see why he’s left on because he can produce a moment of magic at any time to grab us a goal.

I’m a definite rose tinter these days and am firmly behind the manger and all the players* (blindly at times I’ll freely admit) but I definitely lose the plot during games.

*except Partey he can get fucked 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:05 pm
You’ve called me names for less, OBG! :roll: :lol:
I can't help it if you're a **** ***** :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 8:16 pm

Exactly I have to keep my GTN Spray close to hand these days (and No Rodders it isn't a Sex Toy ) :D

This isn't aimed at you Rodders... Just a generalisation:

That's where being actually 'present' at a game is so much healthier because you can really 'Vent' your feelings, unless of course you're a permanent tourist ( :wink: )

For example: How many times in the past when playing in a game and one of your team mates either made a mistake or fucked up and cost the game and you have to be pulled apart... then after when everything 'cools down... you go for a pint and it's all water under the bridge? It's the same when watching a game....

for the record Rodder's I don't think you're a c.unt you are one of the funniest posters on here.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:07 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 6:37 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 6:26 pm
EC1 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 6:01 pm
Seriously some of the comments on here I really can’t get my head around.

Calling players c*unts, really this is what you do?

Lesbians etc etc

I get the feeling some on here would be happier if Arsenal lost and then you can go into one.

Seriously we are going into the last game and yet the numourous players are c*unts.

Can’t get my head round it
Couldn't agree more
This forum exists in the matrix. One more home win and only the Invincibles have a higher points tally in our history. We have already won more games than the Invincibles did in a 38 game season, and yet people still cant help themselves.
I watched the game in a sports bar, without the hysteria, agenda driven diatribe that gets spouted in here
Probably 50 people, 35 Arsenal, 10 Mancs and a few neutrals.

At no point did it look like Utd scoring once we had the lead, Raya had hardly anything to do, Onana had to make good saves from Martinelli and Rice to stop us sealing the victory.

As already stated some would rather we lose, to fit their agenda as Arteta hates Tierney, loves Zinchencko, hates ESR, loves Vieira etc, etc

Still in with a shout on the final day, most wins in a season EVER, most goals scored, best defence, etc, etc yet keyboard warriors know more than the manager :lol:

Yes we have dropped points, so have city, we have both failed to win 10 games, so far, they are on for an unprecedented 4 th title win on the spin, last year won the treble, may yet win the double and yet we are expected to win every game :lol: :lol:
I am really surprised and disappointed at that post coming from you Stuart. Most would have viewed you as one of the more balanced and knowledgeable posters on here, but that post is ridiculous mate.

Regarding the bits in red above: who exactly on here do you believe would want Arsenal to fail to satisfy their "agenda"?

Do you think the manager is, and should be, above reproach, above criticism?

That is the type of guff the AKBs were posting on here during Wenger's latter years. That and attacking the poster rather than debating their point.