Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:39 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:53 am
Well, the scousers did their bit in all fairness and although it's highly unlikely, we've just got to hope that the scum don't lose tonight. I'm sure that we all expect them to get comfortably beaten, but stranger things have happened. As good as City are, they're still human and they'll be feeling the pressure, especially knowing that the scum need a result. They won't be relishing having to go there. It's vital that the vermin don't concede in the first 30 mins, because if they do, then City will relax and the flood gates could open. The longer it goes at 0-0, the more tense City will become.

I've got no serious expectations, so will watch the game pretty relaxed, but if it's all square with 15 minutes left...or if the scum are miraculously ahead...then the tension will be unbearable and Rodders will be cunting everyone off again. :lol: :wink:
Yeah agreed fully.

I have been going from "cheateh will pillage the scum 5 nil" to "hmmm weird things happen in football". :lol:

I can't cheer on the scum but I can hope and pray cheateh lose. As you say if its nil all at 15 minutes left I'll be struggling with the tension but also the urge to puke.

But honestly can anyone see anything other than cheateh wiping the floor with the scum?

Stranger things have happened though.... :lol: :wink:
Cue Music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAlDoAtV7Y

"Without Hope You Cannot Start The Day" ©Jon Anderson. :proudtosay:

madjens

Post by madjens »

Well, it’s come to this. We’re all spurs fans for the day :shock: COYS

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

They'll be 3 down after 30 mins, don't do it to yourselves and it's not because they're trying to scupper our chances it's because they're shite!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 1:51 pm
They'll be 3 down after 30 mins, don't do it to yourselves and it's not because they're trying to scupper our chances it's because they're shite!
I know rodders. Their fans are mongs but their players couldn't give a shit about tottnumb, couldn't give a flying fuck about the Arsenal and the NLD. They will play for their pride and I reckon Fat Angie Hippopotamusadopolus would throttle any player he even thought might be slacking on the job. They will lose because they will just once again be found to be complete and utter shite. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

But then stranger things have happened in football....

:cake:

:lol: :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

City will smash them.

However I now see West Ham fans piping up to say they want to throw the game to stop Rice winning the title. It brings up an important point around integrity in the League. City have effectively faced 5 or 6 walkovers in their run in. It’s fucking wrong. It needs to be looked at as no way should fixture vagaries make it possible for teams to throw games to stop London rivals winning the League.

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 1:51 pm
This is what i fear too. The fans might wanna throw the game but I don't think players or manager would.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Worst case is they actually lose 5 or 6 nil and therefore mean the final day relies on them losing. They could afford to draw the last game and we would need to tonk Everton then.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Remember the last game of the 98/99 season when we needed something from those lot?

Those fuckers will be doing a QPR and celebrating on the pitch with Cheaty

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 2:59 pm
Worst case is they actually lose 5 or 6 nil and therefore mean the final day relies on them losing. They could afford to draw the last game and we would need to tonk Everton then.
Whatever happens tonight City will definitely win on Sunday.
There is absolutely no chance that West Ham will get anything at the Etihad.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

madjens wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 1:43 pm
I'm not, what that lot do is of no concern to me regardless of the knock on effect, you'll never hear me root for them.....never!

I'd rather we just bet Fulham then relied on a favor from those pR1cks

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 2:16 pm
City will smash them.

However I now see West Ham fans piping up to say they want to throw the game to stop Rice winning the title. It brings up an important point around integrity in the League. City have effectively faced 5 or 6 walkovers in their run in. It’s fucking wrong. It needs to be looked at as no way should fixture vagaries make it possible for teams to throw games to stop London rivals winning the League.

Regardless of what idiot West Ham supporters might be saying, as Rob says above, there's no way that they'll get anything at City. That could well be a 5 or 6 goal annihilation. The only hope (as microscopic as it is) we have is tonight. If City win then it's all over.

To be honest, if the scum somehow manage a draw, I think we'll struggle to beat Everton on Sunday. They'll be well up for spoiling the party and I still don't trust us when the real pressure is on....look at our performance at Bayern. If City win tonight, Arteta and the players will know that they'll steamroller the Hammers and with the pressure reduced we'll probably stick 3 or 4 past the Toffees.

Actually, I think we're all over thinking this. :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I think Cheaty will absolutely stiffen the bins tonight 3 or 4-0 I reckon :cry: any win for them and it's all over.

augie

Post by augie »

Does anybody believe the story doing the rounds that some so called Gooners let off flares outside what they thought was a hotel citeeh were staying in last night only to find out that they arent actually travelling down until today ?? Personally I reckon it is a bullshit - as a fanbase we have no history of doing stuff like this to opposition teams, so if we dont do it to teams we are actually playing, then why would we do it for a game involving two other teams ?? :?
That being said, IF IT IS TRUE, then I put it up there alongside the anti usmanov march as the most cringy embarassing things our fans have ever done

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

madjens wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 1:43 pm
I know... Never thought I'd see the day :shock: :?

Heard someone say (because the scum fans are all losing their shit about this) that Arsenal are living in their heads Rent Free! :D