Manure A Sun May 12th KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
EC1

Re: Manure A Sun May 12th KO 430pm

Post by EC1 »

I don’t think any player or manager is above reproach, but it’s the manner in which some express that.

C*unt this, c*unt that, seems so personal and insulting.

Lose a game, or even draw then some start with this kind of abuse.

Seriously I wonder what kind of people these hang around with, as I know for a fact any fans I know would take offence at these comments.

Anyway it’s a message board and people are free to express their opinions, but also others will express theirs.

Personally those that come out with such hard core abuse I tend not to read, I can’t take it seriously.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

EC1 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 4:37 pm
I don’t think any player or manager is above reproach, but it’s the manner in which some express that.

Seriously I wonder what kind of people these hang around with, as I know for a fact any fans I know would take offence at these comments.

Anyway it’s a message board and people are free to express their opinions, but also others will express theirs.

Personally those that come out with such hard core abuse I tend not to read, I can’t take it seriously.

I agree with this. Maybe I'm going to sound like some old dinosaur when i say this, but while I'm more than aware of how high passions can run, for me there are standards and lines that shouldn't be crossed.

Everyone knows that I'm one of the more pessimistic posters on here and I'm not backwards in questioning, criticising and saying certain players are fucking useless etc, but I don't give personal abuse. I do understand that some will defend the abuse given to Xhaka because it was a reflection on him as a bloke rather than simply his footballing ability, but as critical as I am of Havertz, that is my personal judgement of his ability and not a judgement on him as a bloke, so I won't *word censored* him off.

Apologies if this sounds self-righteous, but I am, of course, perfect. :lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

EC1 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 4:37 pm

And therein lies the rub - it is the rose tinters who get personal with members they dont like or dont agree with, and it shows a lack of respect to the general ethos of a forum and its members. If you say something I dont agree with I will make a counter argument to disagree with you. If I feel that you are on a deliberate piss take then I will (most of the time) ignore your posts altogether. What I dont do is make it a personal me versus you thing, and I wont c.unt you off cos you are entitled to your opinions the same as I am. I am not and never will be some pc mr senstivity type of person - football in its roots is a working mans game and industrial language has always been a part of that going back long before I was put on this earth. There used to be a saying that football was a gentlemans game played and populated by thugs and that rugby was a thugs game played and populated by gentlemen - I def dont think the rugby part is true anymore, but football is and always will be working class and that includes the language used, and if you are telling me that your social group doesnt include people who use words like c.unt etc, then I guess you move in sheltered circles :rubchin:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:13 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:07 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 6:37 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 6:26 pm
EC1 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 6:01 pm
Seriously some of the comments on here I really can’t get my head around.

Calling players c*unts, really this is what you do?

Lesbians etc etc

I get the feeling some on here would be happier if Arsenal lost and then you can go into one.

Seriously we are going into the last game and yet the numourous players are c*unts.

Can’t get my head round it
Couldn't agree more
This forum exists in the matrix. One more home win and only the Invincibles have a higher points tally in our history. We have already won more games than the Invincibles did in a 38 game season, and yet people still cant help themselves.
I watched the game in a sports bar, without the hysteria, agenda driven diatribe that gets spouted in here
Probably 50 people, 35 Arsenal, 10 Mancs and a few neutrals.

At no point did it look like Utd scoring once we had the lead, Raya had hardly anything to do, Onana had to make good saves from Martinelli and Rice to stop us sealing the victory.

As already stated some would rather we lose, to fit their agenda as Arteta hates Tierney, loves Zinchencko, hates ESR, loves Vieira etc, etc

Still in with a shout on the final day, most wins in a season EVER, most goals scored, best defence, etc, etc yet keyboard warriors know more than the manager :lol:

Yes we have dropped points, so have city, we have both failed to win 10 games, so far, they are on for an unprecedented 4 th title win on the spin, last year won the treble, may yet win the double and yet we are expected to win every game :lol: :lol:
I am really surprised and disappointed at that post coming from you Stuart. Most would have viewed you as one of the more balanced and knowledgeable posters on here, but that post is ridiculous mate.

Regarding the bits in red above: who exactly on here do you believe would want Arsenal to fail to satisfy their "agenda"?

Do you think the manager is, and should be, above reproach, above criticism?

That is the type of guff the AKBs were posting on here during Wenger's latter years. That and attacking the poster rather than debating their point.
Only 1 team has ever gone through a season unbeaten, yet there are plenty that lose their shit after a draw or good heavens a defeat
The all conquering City team have also failed to win in 10 games this season.

Many had, me among them with good reason, reservations with Arteta’s appointment due to having no experience at managing. That is absolutely fair, the losing out on 4th with 3 games to go was also fine to criticize.

The team he inherited was awful, shocking and most on here ( probably not all ) were of the opinion that they should all be gotten shot of.
That takes time, you can’t bin off 15 / 16 players straight away it’s impossible.

Calling the manager a c unt for having us potentially winning a title :rubchin: up against the City cheats who have won 3 titles in a row and won the treble last season, who everyone predicted would walk the league again, yet here we sit one match away ……

Whoever takes delight in their sticking with their assertions that Arteta was a cone boy and is incapable of seeing they were wrong is who the agenda driven comment is valid for. Mainly Augie.

Fans of other teams can see we are the real deal , we will also be there again next year in the top 2 and the year after and the year after - if we ever get to topple City who knows but name another team that will be doing that ?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but to assert they know more than the manager, who played, captained and now managed at the top level is fucking laughable and then to stick rigidly to that in the face of results is frankly insane.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 4:56 am
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:05 pm
You’ve called me names for less, OBG! :roll: :lol:
I can't help it if you're a **** ***** :D
You sound like my wife….

Is that you, love? :shock: :| :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 6:26 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 6:26 pm

Couldn't agree more
This forum exists in the matrix. One more home win and only the Invincibles have a higher points tally in our history. We have already won more games than the Invincibles did in a 38 game season, and yet people still cant help themselves.
I watched the game in a sports bar, without the hysteria, agenda driven diatribe that gets spouted in here

At no point did it look like Utd scoring once we had the lead, Raya had hardly anything to do, Onana had to make good saves from Martinelli and Rice to stop us sealing the victory.

As already stated some would rather we lose, to fit their agenda as Arteta hates Tierney, loves Zinchencko, hates ESR, loves Vieira etc, etc

Still in with a shout on the final day, most wins in a season EVER, most goals scored, best defence, etc, etc yet keyboard warriors know more than the manager :lol:

Yes we have dropped points, so have city, we have both failed to win 10 games, so far, they are on for an unprecedented 4 th title win on the spin, last year won the treble, may yet win the double and yet we are expected to win every game :lol: :lol:
I am really surprised and disappointed at that post coming from you Stuart. Most would have viewed you as one of the more balanced and knowledgeable posters on here, but that post is ridiculous mate.

Regarding the bits in red above: who exactly on here do you believe would want Arsenal to fail to satisfy their "agenda"?

That is the type of guff the AKBs were posting on here during Wenger's latter years. That and attacking the poster rather than debating their point.
Only 1 team has ever gone through a season unbeaten, yet there are plenty that lose their shit after a draw or good heavens a defeat

Many had, me among them with good reason, reservations with Arteta’s appointment due to having no experience at managing. That is absolutely fair, the losing out on 4th with 3 games to go was also fine to criticize.

The team he inherited was awful, shocking and most on here ( probably not all ) were of the opinion that they should all be gotten shot of.
That takes time, you can’t bin off 15 / 16 players straight away it’s impossible.

Calling the manager a c unt for having us potentially winning a title :rubchin: up against the City cheats who have won 3 titles in a row and won the treble last season, who everyone predicted would walk the league again, yet here we sit one match away ……

Whoever takes delight in their sticking with their assertions that Arteta was a cone boy and is incapable of seeing they were wrong is who the agenda driven comment is valid for. Mainly Augie.

Fans of other teams can see we are the real deal , we will also be there again next year in the top 2 and the year after and the year after - if we ever get to topple City who knows but name another team that will be doing that ?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but to assert they know more than the manager, who played, captained and now managed at the top level is fucking laughable and then to stick rigidly to that in the face of results is frankly insane.

No I'm not having that at all - he took over a team that had finished 5th the previous season and were europa league runners up, plus more importantly that team won him his ONLY trophy to date cos despite spending £700m since, he hasnt won another pot since. The problem with that team was that it was being infected by players with bad attitudes - it amuses me greatly to see the cone boy credited with getting rid of them, cos the reality is that the credit should go to the owners for agreeing to write off massive money by paying them off, and I'm sure emery would have got rid of them too if the board had shown him the same backing. You said that it was an awful team but surely you have to concede that showed that they knew how to win trophies right up to the end, and until this team shows that they can do the same, then putting them up on a pedestal in premature imo

Can I also clarify something with you - are you actually saying that because the cone boy played professionally and now manages professionally, that means that every decision he makes is the correct one and is beyond reproach ??? Seriously ??

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

augie wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 7:16 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

No I'm not having that at all - he took over a team that had finished 5th the previous season and were europa league runners up, plus more importantly that team won him his ONLY trophy to date cos despite spending £700m since, he hasnt won another pot since. The problem with that team was that it was being infected by players with bad attitudes - it amuses me greatly to see the cone boy credited with getting rid of them, cos the reality is that the credit should go to the owners for agreeing to write off massive money by paying them off, and I'm sure emery would have got rid of them too if the board had shown him the same backing. You said that it was an awful team but surely you have to concede that showed that they knew how to win trophies right up to the end, and until this team shows that they can do the same, then putting them up on a pedestal in premature imo

Can I also clarify something with you - are you actually saying that because the cone boy played professionally and now manages professionally, that means that every decision he makes is the correct one and is beyond reproach ??? Seriously ??
Where have I said every decision is correct ? Please show me……..you can’t.

A person who has played at the top and managed at the top will have a much better understanding of tactics and players fitness and abilities than you, me and possibly even Retro.

I believe we were languishing in 11th when he took over the reigns, we are now top 2 yet he is a c unt. ? At least you have stopped calling him a basque c unt
Losing the Europa cup final was lambasted on here as a limp dicked performance when it was calling for our top players to step up yet now it was an achievement ?
We were called flat track bullies because we beat the cannon fodder but invariably lost to City, Liverpool, Chelsea and away at the swamp - this season we are undefeated against them all and Utd too.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

No one is beyond reproach or criticism Augie... not in any sport or any kind of other field... Be it sport or business or whatever etc... But ONE Thing is for certain

Arteta knows more about Football than You or I or anyone else on here ever will. simples.

augie

Post by augie »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:02 pm
augie wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:

A person who has played at the top and managed at the top will have a much better understanding of tactics and players fitness and abilities than you, me and possibly even Retro.

I believe we were languishing in 11th when he took over the reigns, we are now top 2 yet he is a c unt. ? At least you have stopped calling him a basque c unt
Losing the Europa cup final was lambasted on here as a limp dicked performance when it was calling for our top players to step up yet now it was an achievement ?
We were called flat track bullies because we beat the cannon fodder but invariably lost to City, Liverpool, Chelsea and away at the swamp - this season we are undefeated against them all and Utd too.

I didnt say that you said it - I asked you is that what you are saying 8)

Lets be crystal clear here - the cone boy got a job that he wasnt qualified for and should never have got, but (if I'm reading you and onebard correctly) ye are saying that because he is a premier league manager it says that he knows what he is about ?? History is FULL of guys who were top quality players but couldnt adapt as a coach or manager - arteta was never anywhere near top quality as a player (he was decent tbf), but he has gotten where he is on the shirt tails of pep who funnily enough is doing better since the cone boy left (I say that tongue in cheek cos it is impossible to quantify how much any of his coaches contribute to the success). El Basque is a flawed manager imo - all managers have their flaws even the greats, but his are so serious that they are hindering us imo. His in game management is absolutely shocking, and you have to question if his loyalty to zinchenko and jesus have negatively impacted our quest for trophies. His fans point to citeeh's unfair financial advantage (a very fair point), but never ever acknowledge that the cone boy has outspent all bar 3 clubs in his time - is it a great achievement to finish above clubs that you can outspend ? I accept managers and players making mistakes in games as a one off, but when the same mistakes are being made constantly then it points to a guy that isnt learning and that will hurt us going forward too. I dont buy the "he knows more than we do" argument - he was lucky to get the job in first place, and there could be managers in lower divisions that could do as well if not better had they had a squad worth over 1bn

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

augie wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 7:08 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:
augie wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I didnt say that you said it - I asked you is that what you are saying 8)

Lets be crystal clear here - the cone boy got a job that he wasnt qualified for and should never have got, but (if I'm reading you and onebard correctly) ye are saying that because he is a premier league manager it says that he knows what he is about ?? History is FULL of guys who were top quality players but couldnt adapt as a coach or manager - arteta was never anywhere near top quality as a player (he was decent tbf), but he has gotten where he is on the shirt tails of pep who funnily enough is doing better since the cone boy left (I say that tongue in cheek cos it is impossible to quantify how much any of his coaches contribute to the success). El Basque is a flawed manager imo - all managers have their flaws even the greats, but his are so serious that they are hindering us imo. His in game management is absolutely shocking, and you have to question if his loyalty to zinchenko and jesus have negatively impacted our quest for trophies. His fans point to citeeh's unfair financial advantage (a very fair point), but never ever acknowledge that the cone boy has outspent all bar 3 clubs in his time - is it a great achievement to finish above clubs that you can outspend ? I accept managers and players making mistakes in games as a one off, but when the same mistakes are being made constantly then it points to a guy that isnt learning and that will hurt us going forward too. I dont buy the "he knows more than we do" argument - he was lucky to get the job in first place, and there could be managers in lower divisions that could do as well if not better had they had a squad worth over 1bn
Absolute horseshit

Several players, Rice as an example, cited super Mik as one of the factors in why he signed for us
Saka praises him and states he is progressing down to the manager
We have the best defence in the league …..just lucky I guess ?

He has outspent all bar 3 clubs and we have finished 2nd and probably 2nd again - so therefore he is outperforming those who have spent more
Zinchenko has hardly played in the last six / seven games yet he is still labelled a “ favourite”

You clearly have an agenda against him - whether it is because of where he is from, because he shipped out Tierney or because he scored the winning goal on helicopter Sunday for Rangers I have no idea but he has put us on the cusp of overtaking City in a relatively short time, no other club is close to usurping them, despite having more experienced managers etc, etc

Frankly I’m bored now - you have a pathological hatred of him, so it will cause you huge anguish when we win trophies again and again in the next few seasons.

Enjoy :barscarf: :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
augie wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:

Not possible.

:-P :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 6:41 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
augie wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Not possible.

:-P :wink:
Look! Just cos Retro doesn't know anything about Goalies doesn't mean he doesn't kmow about other stuff. So stop dissing Retro okay! :box: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wow. Just wow. We have Arsenal fans that are offended by swearing? Christ what type of snowflakes now support this club? :oops:

They are just WORDS ffs. :lol:

How any of you would have survived the abuse laden terraces of the 80's, 90's, etc etc is beyond me you poor sensitive sheltered souls. :lol: :wink:

I'll say it again: this forum is a free thinking forum where people can express their opinions without getting banned for going against the club - within reason. It is not a club mouthpiece like the shit old .com forum was.

If you cannot take someone having a dig at your hero player or hero manager then maybe this is not the forum for you. Find one that only allows praise for the manager and the players and you'll probably be happier in your life!

I have to say though I find it a bit hypocritical that some of you superfans are digging augie out as being abusive when in fairness to him he very rarely gets into spats with other members here and will nearly always try to debate their viewpoints rather than question their loyalty or insult them, unlike a couple of you.....

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 9:32 pm
Wow. Just wow. We have Arsenal fans that are offended by swearing? Christ what type of snowflakes now support this club? :oops:

They are just WORDS ffs. :lol:

How any of you would have survived the abuse laden terraces of the 80's, 90's, etc etc is beyond me you poor sensitive sheltered souls. :lol: :wink:

I'll say it again: this forum is a free thinking forum where people can express their opinions without getting banned for going against the club - within reason. It is not a club mouthpiece like the shit old .com forum was.

If you cannot take someone having a dig at your hero player or hero manager then maybe this is not the forum for you. Find one that only allows praise for the manager and the players and you'll probably be happier in your life!

I have to say though I find it a bit hypocritical that some of you superfans are digging augie out as being abusive when in fairness to him he very rarely gets into spats with other members here and will nearly always try to debate their viewpoints rather than question their loyalty or insult them, unlike a couple of you.....

Do what??! Why you absolute cu….. oh, sorry.

:lol: :wink:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The swearing doesn't bother me but the derogatory name calling is frankly boring . Much of what Augie says is true but he obviously finds it impossible to be objective about the manager and the team both on the pitch and in the board room. The last two seasons have been a breath of fresh air following the stuff we have had served up over the last few years . Watching Gabriel and Saliba as opposed to Sokratis , Mustafi and Holding makes my 120 mile trip worthwhile as does watching many other players even Havertz who does a lot more when you see him live than you notice on the box, compare him to Lacazette or even Aubameyang .
It seems that for once we have a manager and sporting director on the same page and the owners willing to back them , perhaps it's time that as supporters we did the same.
This season we were not perfect , we dropped 10 points at home ,but 2 years on the trot coming second to the Abu Dhabi wealth fund can't be all bad.