Man Cheaty 115 charges / Everton / Other Corruption Super Thread (merged)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Man Cheaty 115 charges / Everton / Other Corruption Super Thread (merged)

Post by Retro Gunner »

So do I and the rest of us on here. Believe it when I see it, but I’ll put my faith in you Bob. 8)

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 8:48 pm
So do I and the rest of us on here. Believe it when I see it, but I’ll put my faith in you Bob. 8)
Let me explain.

The PL rules are clear. Even if City have not breached FFP (doubtful and I will explain why later) then they have breached PL rules by refusing to supply financial information to the PL over a decade. They are guilty of those charges. They haven’t supplied information and they haven’t cooperated with the investigation. They have aggravated the situation for no apparent reason by arguing legal technicalities over several years. They have failed in these arguments through the courts every time. This is not getting the PL on side. It then brings you to ask the question. If they are innocent with regard to breaching FFP, why have they not just supplied the information to the PL to prove their innocence? Why would you obstruct the process and breach more PL rules in the process? It’s as clear as day. The PL have had to go through the courts to dismiss every defence that has been put up by City’s lawyers. They wanted to penalise them as soon as the charges were made. Forest and Everton admitted guilt. They did not obstruct. They have moved on. City have argued that the rules are wrong and the PL has no right to charge them, rather than just cooperating and showing evidence of their innocence. This has gone on for years already. Strange eh? They are getting smashed. The PL know they are guilty (I am told). That’s why they charged them. They want justice and are wading though treacle to get to the point of punishing them. Fines are not part of the legal precedent. Forest and Everton weren’t fined were they? A fine would also count against their financial performance, which would in itself make them breach PSR. They will receive points deductions. Heavy ones. Don’t listen to clowns on social media that support City or come from Africa. They haven’t got a fucking clue what is going on here.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's alright lads, Bobby knows someone in the PL. :barscarf:

Does he also live in your village or do all your ITK contacts have a separate village? :rubchin:

Sorry to take the piss, mate - but you've got to look at this from our point of view. Anonymous bloke on football forum claims to live beside a load of millionaire footballers from his club, knows people at the higher levels of his club that feed him insider information, and knows someone in the PL that is also feeding him insider information.....

We've had ITK claimants on here before. Every forum has them. In my experience they are always 100% bullshitting. :lol:

If you want all this stuff you post to be believed you need to offer up some proof, some verification, some bona fides.

Over to you buddy. :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:29 pm

Does he also live in your village or do all your ITK contacts have a separate village? :rubchin:

Sorry to take the piss, mate - but you've got to look at this from our point of view. Anonymous bloke on football forum claims to live beside a load of millionaire footballers from his club, knows people at the higher levels of his club that feed him insider information, and knows someone in the PL that is also feeding him insider information.....

We've had ITK claimants on here before. Every forum has them. In my experience they are always 100% bullshitting. :lol:

If you want all this stuff you post to be believed you need to offer up some proof, some verification, some bona fides.

Well. It’s pretty easy to work out the village all the Arsenal players live in. That village is near Arsenal’s training ground. Probably why all the Arsenal players live in a village near to where they train…. And to live in this village you have to have a job that pays well. A job that may involve the legal and financial world. That’s all you are getting.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Brookmans Park.

Some used (still might) to spill out to Radlett.

Getting back on topic, I’ll counter the PL not wanting to hurt its brand with the fact that Serie A/Italian FA did the same to Juventus not a million years ago (albeit I don’t remember the charges they were up on). Dropped them down to Serie C and stripped honours. It’s been done, to a large team before.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:50 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:29 pm

Well. It’s pretty easy to work out the village all the Arsenal players live in. That village is near Arsenal’s training ground. Probably why all the Arsenal players live in a village near to where they train…. And to live in this village you have to have a job that pays well. A job that may involve the legal and financial world. That’s all you are getting.
that's shattered my vision of you being the village gardener :D

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 9:03 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Let me explain.

The PL rules are clear. Even if City have not breached FFP (doubtful and I will explain why later) then they have breached PL rules by refusing to supply financial information to the PL over a decade. They are guilty of those charges. They haven’t supplied information and they haven’t cooperated with the investigation. They have aggravated the situation for no apparent reason by arguing legal technicalities over several years. They have failed in these arguments through the courts every time. This is not getting the PL on side. It then brings you to ask the question. If they are innocent with regard to breaching FFP, why have they not just supplied the information to the PL to prove their innocence? Why would you obstruct the process and breach more PL rules in the process? It’s as clear as day. The PL have had to go through the courts to dismiss every defence that has been put up by City’s lawyers. They wanted to penalise them as soon as the charges were made. Forest and Everton admitted guilt. They did not obstruct. They have moved on. City have argued that the rules are wrong and the PL has no right to charge them, rather than just cooperating and showing evidence of their innocence. This has gone on for years already. Strange eh? They are getting smashed. The PL know they are guilty (I am told). That’s why they charged them. They want justice and are wading though treacle to get to the point of punishing them. Fines are not part of the legal precedent. Forest and Everton weren’t fined were they? A fine would also count against their financial performance, which would in itself make them breach PSR. They will receive points deductions. Heavy ones. Don’t listen to clowns on social media that support City or come from Africa. They haven’t got a fucking clue what is going on here.
Why are there not further charges ?

The PL should be requesting documentation every month on an ongoing basis and if they refuse, they rack up another charge ( indisputable) of failing to comply.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 8:30 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Let me explain.

The PL should be requesting documentation every month on an ongoing basis and if they refuse, they rack up another charge ( indisputable) of failing to comply.
The majority of the charges are failing to supply information. By refusing to prove their innocence of the original claim that they were inflating sponsorship deals and therefore breaching FFP they have actually ended up with a much larger charge sheet. Their defence is that they shouldn’t have to defend themselves. Basically you prove we are guilty rather than we have to prove our innocence. It doesn’t work like that, as has been proven in court case after court case.

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 9:31 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Let me explain.

The majority of the charges are failing to supply information. By refusing to prove their innocence of the original claim that they were inflating sponsorship deals and therefore breaching FFP they have actually ended up with a much larger charge sheet. Their defence is that they shouldn’t have to defend themselves. Basically you prove we are guilty rather than we have to prove our innocence. It doesn’t work like that, as has been proven in court case after court case.

Dunno what type of court cases you referring to buddy, but any court cases I ever see referred to they speak about the need to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt :?

I'm honestly not trying to pick holes in what you are saying, but it seems to me that what you are saying is that the majority of the charges are relating to a lack of co-operation rather than the actual cheating itself ? Again I would think that there is a sliding scale of punishments in line with the seriousness of the crime, and if that is the case then finding them guilty of a load of not co-operating will not see substantial punishments I would think ? To hit them properly we need them found guilty of corruption on a large scale and then we might see punishments that will make a difference

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 9:31 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Let me explain.

In a normal court of law the prosecution has to prove someone is guilty. Agreed. In this case City are accused of falsifying accounts, or at least inflating sponsorship deals mid contract. The Premier League have asked for additional information in order to check that City hade complied with FFP. City have refused to supply anything meaningful for a decade. Their defence is that the League must prove their guilt rather than them prove their innocence. However the PL rules clearly rely on Clubs submitting evidence to prove they comply with FFP. Otherwise I agree it is hard for the PL to see what is going on. So the situation is that City have failed to submit information which would prove their innocence and the PL have therefore charged them for breaching FFP along with dozens of charges for not submitting information. Ultimately the PL rules are separate to how a criminal court case would work. The PL rules state that Clubs must submit information. It’s the only way it can possibly work. Otherwise you would have City falsifying accounts/timing of sponsorship payments. City have turned the case back on the PL by saying you prove something. But that’s not how the PL rules work. City have been attempting to argue that the PL rules are not lawful. They have failed.

augie

Post by augie »

That's fair enough - thanks for that 8)

Arsenal Till I Die

Won’t be for another few years before they fine them, anyway. They’ll be found guilty and given a series of fines and at worst, a minuscule points deduction (less than 10).

I don’t believe anything will happen to City that would amount to a fair and just punishment. Nothing is going to change.

Arsenal Till I Die

I don’t understand how a team with 115 serious financial/regulatory charges to its name is still allowed to compete?

If the Premier League were serious about going after them then they should have suspended City from playing in the League until the investigation was over.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 5:04 pm
I don’t understand how a team with 115 serious financial/regulatory charges to its name is still allowed to compete?

If the Premier League were serious about going after them then they should have suspended City from playing in the League until the investigation was over.
Shhh! You'll ruin the magic of their "achievements"! :lol: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Bang up the asterisk the cheating c.unts have done it again