Man Cheaty 115 charges / Everton / Other Corruption Super Thread (merged)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Man Cheaty 115 charges / Everton / Other Corruption Super Thread (merged)

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 5:07 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 5:04 pm
I don’t understand how a team with 115 serious financial/regulatory charges to its name is still allowed to compete?

If the Premier League were serious about going after them then they should have suspended City from playing in the League until the investigation was over.
Shhh! You'll ruin the magic of their "achievements"! :lol: :wink:

I take it all back!

Man City are, without a doubt, the greatest team ever. It’s a football miracle that they’ve achieved so much.

I say this freely, and it has nothing to do with the fancy new Rolex I’ve just received in the mail, and tickets to some Middle-Eastern desert to see some pointless skyscrapers.

So, let us all celebrate the wonderful achievements of the mighty:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

It’s like the Olympic athlete who had burst their bollocks their entire life only to see the gold medal taken off them by some performance enhanced cheat c.unt.

Fuck off SCUM :twisted:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Masters was in the Director’s box today reassuring the Arsenal top brass that City will be held to account. He was lamenting the cost of dealing with their lawyers. A matter of time apparently.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 7:26 pm
It’s like the uOlympic athlete who had burst their bollocks their entire life only to see the gold medal taken off them by some performance enhanced cheat c.unt.

Fuck off SCUM :twisted:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Cheating f*ckers

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 7:31 pm
Masters was in the Director’s box today reassuring the Arsenal top brass that City will be held to account. He was lamenting the cost of dealing with their lawyers. A matter of time apparently.
What I do t understand is the length of time this is all taking.
These are charges going back YEARS.

Why are they also all being considered together?
Would it be quicker to deal with them in stages?

As it stands the PL is not fit for purpose.
City are potentially a corrupt club - I am hearing more about that rather than their “achievement” of winning 4 titles in a row.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I'd like to think of myself as someone who is genuinely sporting in defeat. I've been at Wembley enough times and despite the obvious pain, have typically stayed behind and applauded the winning team when they get presented with the trophy. Likewise if someone has outplayed us, I'll be critical of my own team, but also say 'fair enough' to whoever beats you. "The best team always wins, the rest is just gossip" etc etc

However, as the final whistle blew yesterday I watched the interviews with Odegaard and Arteta on the pitch, then just switched off the TV and went and chilled out in the garden. I haven't seen City being awarded the trophy and I didn't watch any of the highlights programmes from yesterday and just stayed away from all social media and mainstream media. The Premier League have allowed this situation to develop. I know BobbyPires7 is super confident about them being heavily sanctioned - and god knows for the integrity of the game we NEED him to be right - but how can offences dating back to 2009 still be unheard and not dealt with. If this is down to City's lack of compliance and co-operation, then in any other walk of life this would have had severe consequences. Basic example, all limited companies have a set period of time to file their annual accounts. If they miss deadlines it starts with fines and builds from there. I've been there before as a company director - you co-operate, you lay out your mitigating circumstances and the scale of the punishment is made accordingly. However, if you don't comply and just miss deadlines for the fun of it, you can face being blacklisted as a director, and the company struck off the legal register - effectively winding up the company. By the way.....it wouldn't be allowed to take 15 years!!! Probably 2-3 at most and with true co-operation and to quote a certain someone "special circumstances"

The PL could very easily have avoided this with published, clear rules. Failure to supply sufficient information within 1 year = 3 points deduction, 2 years = 10 points etc etc, until you eventually reach "expulsion from the PL". This is what makes me wonder what will ever come from it because it could have been dealt with many moons ago if it was as simple as deliberate delaying tactics

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 11:52 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:

City are potentially a corrupt club - I am hearing more about that rather than their “achievement” of winning 4 titles in a row.

For years I have blocked all this commotion around FFP and accusations of financial corruption by citeeh cos I dont see it going anywhere - lately I have been more focused on it but more because I am growing increasingly angry/frustrated that charges that were issued over a year ago still havent come to court :evil: :evil: It is time for the premier league to make a stand and get this thing done, cos the more it drags out, the more it looks like citeeh's lawyers have them in their pocket

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 12:24 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

For years I have blocked all this commotion around FFP and accusations of financial corruption by citeeh cos I dont see it going anywhere - lately I have been more focused on it but more because I am growing increasingly angry/frustrated that charges that were issued over a year ago still havent come to court :evil: :evil: It is time for the premier league to make a stand and get this thing done, cos the more it drags out, the more it looks like citeeh's lawyers have them in their pocket
See my comments above your post mate - there are ways the PL could have dealt with non compliance years ago and it makes a mockery of the competition

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 12:26 pm
augie wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 12:24 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

See my comments above your post mate - there are ways the PL could have dealt with non compliance years ago and it makes a mockery of the competition

I read your post after I put up mine, and yours sums up exactly what I am talking about - basically for all the bravado that the premier league may be spouting, there is zero evidence of them backing it up. How are we to believe that they have the balls and the ammunition to nail citeeh when so far they are dancing to city's tune and are even afraid to say when the hearing will take place ? Does that sound to you like an organisation that know that they have city over a barrel ? I understand that in any trial the defence has to be granted fair time to prepare their defence, but this is absolutely taking the piss, and the premier league are allowing it. Meanwhile I personally am gone from not giving a shit about the whole thing, to now being absolutely desperate to get this trial done - part of me tells myself that I just want it heard even if they come back with a verdict that doesnt please me, but in reality I know that they have to come back with a proper verdict or the reputation of the league is gone forever

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 12:22 pm
I'd like to think of myself as someone who is genuinely sporting in defeat. I've been at Wembley enough times and despite the obvious pain, have typically stayed behind and applauded the winning team when they get presented with the trophy. Likewise if someone has outplayed us, I'll be critical of my own team, but also say 'fair enough' to whoever beats you. "The best team always wins, the rest is just gossip" etc etc

However, as the final whistle blew yesterday I watched the interviews with Odegaard and Arteta on the pitch, then just switched off the TV and went and chilled out in the garden. I haven't seen City being awarded the trophy and I didn't watch any of the highlights programmes from yesterday and just stayed away from all social media and mainstream media. The Premier League have allowed this situation to develop. I know BobbyPires7 is super confident about them being heavily sanctioned - and god knows for the integrity of the game we NEED him to be right - but how can offences dating back to 2009 still be unheard and not dealt with. If this is down to City's lack of compliance and co-operation, then in any other walk of life this would have had severe consequences. Basic example, all limited companies have a set period of time to file their annual accounts. If they miss deadlines it starts with fines and builds from there. I've been there before as a company director - you co-operate, you lay out your mitigating circumstances and the scale of the punishment is made accordingly. However, if you don't comply and just miss deadlines for the fun of it, you can face being blacklisted as a director, and the company struck off the legal register - effectively winding up the company. By the way.....it wouldn't be allowed to take 15 years!!! Probably 2-3 at most and with true co-operation and to quote a certain someone "special circumstances"

The PL could very easily have avoided this with published, clear rules. Failure to supply sufficient information within 1 year = 3 points deduction, 2 years = 10 points etc etc, until you eventually reach "expulsion from the PL". This is what makes me wonder what will ever come from it because it could have been dealt with many moons ago if it was as simple as deliberate delaying tactics
Whats causing the delays, quite simple its City's lawyers who have a standard tactic of not complying and dragging out the whole process. They did this vs UEFA and got off the charges on a time bar. I have seen damning emails that were leaked after the UEFA sanctions were overturned by CAS showing CIty paid for a sponsorship deal by Etihad (not the otherway round), and put it through their books as income allowing them to back then spend what they liked in the transfer market.

With regards to the FA's independent panel, the hearing and verdict is due this autumn, you can be sure this will drag out for a few years if it goes against City. Their lawyers will throw the book at the FA, and probably the UK government in the form of threats about international trade and jobs Sheikh Mansour and his government has created in this country. Thats what happens when you allow State owned football clubs, they have way too much power.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 1:08 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Whats causing the delays, quite simple its City's lawyers who have a standard tactic of not complying and dragging out the whole process. They did this vs UEFA and got off the charges on a time bar. I have seen damning emails that were leaked after the UEFA sanctions were overturned by CAS showing CIty paid for a sponsorship deal by Etihad (not the otherway round), and put it through their books as income allowing them to back then spend what they liked in the transfer market.

With regards to the FA's independent panel, the hearing and verdict is due this autumn, you can be sure this will drag out for a few years if it goes against City. Their lawyers will throw the book at the FA, and probably the UK government in the form of threats about international trade and jobs Sheikh Mansour and his government has created in this country. Thats what happens when you allow State owned football clubs, they have way too much power.
All of which means they will continue to out perform everyone else and nothing serious will ever come from it - just as most of us always felt

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 1:31 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

All of which means they will continue to out perform everyone else and nothing serious will ever come from it - just as most of us always felt
Yep, when all this first came out I thought they are fucked. But as more information has come out, including the underhand tactics they are adopting it's honestly less damaging to the FA to let them off the hook. They have a global fanbase now like a lot of the major clubs in Europe, so it would be a negative for the FA to boot them out of the PL in terms of revenue streams from outside the UK.

Then there's an alleged meeting in the UK embassy out in Abu Dhabi called by their government. You can imagine the conversations. No threats or leverage against our country ehh. Thats the way things operate in the Middle East, yet our major sports seem to be selling their souls to their money and power.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The UK government has admitted to The Athletic that its embassy in Abu Dhabi & the Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office have discussed the charges levelled at Man City by the PL, but are refusing to disclose the correspondence because it could risk UK's relationship with UAE

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 1:49 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 1:31 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Yep, when all this first came out I thought they are fucked. But as more information has come out, including the underhand tactics they are adopting it's honestly less damaging to the FA to let them off the hook. They have a global fanbase now like a lot of the major clubs in Europe, so it would be a negative for the FA to boot them out of the PL in terms of revenue streams from outside the UK.

Then there's an alleged meeting in the UK embassy out in Abu Dhabi called by their government. You can imagine the conversations. No threats or leverage against our country ehh. Thats the way things operate in the Middle East, yet our major sports seem to be selling their souls to their money and power.
Very good points from you both there and the information about company accounts and the punishments for not fulfilling your legal obligations by submitting accurate and timely records makes what Cheaty have been doing for 15 years without anything happening to them look absolutely disgraceful. I think we're starting to see more and more supporters from other clubs across not only the top flight but across the game in general start to raise their concerns about this and question the integrity of the game in England. The English top flight has been going for 135 years and nobody in that time has won four league titles in a row. There have been some brilliant and dominant teams in that time and not a single one has managed more than three in succession before another side stopped them. For so many people, the great thing about English football was that it was competitive and teams could beat anyone on their day and take points off all the other sides, it wasn't a joke like Scotland or Spain or Germany or Portugal or even Italy with no real surprise results or teams just walking away with it. That's all fucked now and everyone's had enough. Nobody gives a fuck about Cheaty winning it in exactly the same way as nobody fucking cared when the chavs were winning it because we all know it's down to dodgy business deals and complete and utter financial arrogance behind closed doors. It's fucking sickening and finally, more and more people are starting to want consequences. It might not directly affect teams like West Ham or Palace or Bournemouth or Brighton in terms of winning a league title but it does stop them competing for players who can make them better, have the chance of winning a cup or getting more prize money and tv money by finishing higher up the table. We're starting to see supporters giving up when they have to face them, not even really giving a shit about playing them because what's the fucking point. It's not fun to spend a fortune to see your team get thrashed or at best, beaten 2-0 by a team that doesn't really exert themselves for the last 25 minutes of the game. Then, on top of all of that, you've got the team like us and the dippers who have put together three or four seasons in the last five when they couldn't do any more and then still finish second by a couple of points all because Cheaty go on a run of however many wins in a row. It's not fucking normal and it's no longer interesting to supporters. This season, like 2022 with the dippers, Cheaty were never going to drop any points and then get to play a mid-table team at home on the final day of the season. What a surprise, they beat them. It's not fucking interesting to anyone.
I'm not getting my hopes up but it looks more and more likely that the Premier League will have to act strongly against them. This has been dragging on for so fucking long that if nothing happens, I honestly do think that we might see the other clubs vote to leave the Premier League or vote for a show of no confidence in the organisation. There isn't a single club, with the possible exception of the chavs- in a sort of Russia and North Korea style pact- that won't want to see them punished and punished properly with a massive points deduction, fines, stripping of titles and whatever else. Then you've got the supporters who will demand action and serious action. After the points deductions this season, nobody is going to allow Cheaty to get away with this with just a fine or a suspended points deduction. People want fucking blood and after fucking years or doing fuck all, Premier League have to do something to warrant the time it is taking to get anything heard. Having said all of this, I listened to a cricket podcast the other day about match-fixing in cricket and the point being made was that the boards around the world know full well that it is going but won't act because it is so damaging to their own brands and finances. This is where we may well be with Cheaty. The Premier League will have to decide whether they want to do something that is right for the game, the supporters and the integrity of the league or whether they look after their onw brand and finances. Sadly, we probably know what the outcome will be.