Man Cheaty 115 charges / Everton / Other Corruption Super Thread (merged)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Man Cheaty 115 charges / Everton / Other Corruption Super Thread (merged)

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I think it was Retro (correct me if I’m wrong) who mentioned the power fans may have regarding this situation. I’m starting to think that the longer this drags, and the more we hear about nothing happening due to international relations, he may well be right.

If it comes to discussions of breaking away from the league or putting GENUINE pressure on whatever institution to punish City then the power of supporters has monumental weight.

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 3:14 pm
I think it was Retro (correct me if I’m wrong) who mentioned the power fans may have regarding this situation. I’m starting to think that the longer this drags, and the more we hear about nothing happening due to international relations, he may well be right.

If it comes to discussions of breaking away from the league or putting GENUINE pressure on whatever institution to punish City then the power of supporters has monumental weight.

BP7 had got me a little bit hopeful/confident that we will see proper justice done here, but then you read the last few posts and I'm back to thinking that nothing substantial will happen to city and it will be carry on as before :roll: When you read things like ambassador being called in for chats, and the premier league afraid to announce when the hearing will be held, then to me it suggests a real fear from those tasked with serving up real justice here, and to me pressure from the media (which is non existent btw) would serve more good than pressure from the fans

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

The Yank justice system takes financial improprieties very seriously, so there is a case that our, Liverpool, Chelski and Man U owners (can't think of any US owned/backed PL teams at the moment) would be fuming if there are not heavy repercussions.

I know you may scoff at the irony of the renters but it's been reported they have cooperated with the PL over any dodgy activity from the previous scumbag owner.

Add that Everton and Forest, along with any relegated club over that period that may have lost millions dropping out of the PL.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

At a bit of a tangent I may have missed this information somewhere (it's happening a lot lately!) but do the blue mancs own their stadium? I know it was originally handed to them after the Commonwealth games in the same way Wham were donated a stadium for next to nothing but do shity still rent it? If so, who gets the cash for the naming rights?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Red Snapper wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 3:38 pm
At a bit of a tangent I may have missed this information somewhere (it's happening a lot lately!) but do the blue mancs own their stadium? I know it was originally handed to them after the Commonwealth games in the same way Wham were donated a stadium for next to nothing but do shity still rent it? If so, who gets the cash for the naming rights?
The local council are the freeholders of the ground and the land around it Cheaty did a deal with them after the Commonwealth Games where they would lease the ground from them and make a payment to them for the ticket sales above the capacity of Maine Road which was 35,000. In 2011, they offered the council a payment of 3m quid a year instead and they said yes. The council should have stuck to their original deal which would have given them more money with every expansion of the ground as more seats above 35,000 would have meant more money but they took the money at the time.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

In 2023, the Premier League had a combined brand value of nine billion euros, more than any other league in Europe's Big Five.

The Mansour family have an estimated worth of close to £1Trillion

nuff sed.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 4:03 pm
Red Snapper wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 3:38 pm
The local council are the freeholders of the ground and the land around it Cheaty did a deal with them after the Commonwealth Games where they would lease the ground from them and make a payment to them for the ticket sales above the capacity of Maine Road which was 35,000. In 2011, they offered the council a payment of 3m quid a year instead and they said yes. The council should have stuck to their original deal which would have given them more money with every expansion of the ground as more seats above 35,000 would have meant more money but they took the money at the time.
The Mansour's have spent an absolute shedton regenerating that part of Manchester which historically was a shithole. Anyone remember Maine Road, near Moss Side back in the day. So in terms of their ground, the council will always be onside about a very favourable rental agreement with the club. West Ham out of coincidence also have a very cheap rental agreement thanks to Boris Johnson.

Put into perspective when the Mansours took over City, we spent £400m on our new stadium when we didn't have the ability as a result to compete in the transfer market. It has never been a playing field with them. If you inflation adjusted that figure, our stadium today would cost £1bn+ easy.

The good news is we have pretty much paid all the financing off now.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 3:26 pm

BP7 had got me a little bit hopeful/confident that we will see proper justice done here, but then you read the last few posts and I'm back to thinking that nothing substantial will happen to city and it will be carry on as before :roll: When you read things like ambassador being called in for chats, and the premier league afraid to announce when the hearing will be held, then to me it suggests a real fear from those tasked with serving up real justice here, and to me pressure from the media (which is non existent btw) would serve more good than pressure from the fans
Augie, I’m continuing our debate about City that we’ve had on the Everton thread over to this thread, as it’s the correct place. I’ll paste below a copy of my last post on the other thread.

As I’ve said augie, maybe some of the smaller club supporters won’t give a fuck (although I’m not so sure), but the other top 5 or 6 definitely will.

I agree that it shouldn’t be necessary for fans to highlight the injustice, but if the authorities and the MSM aren’t doing enough, then it falls to the official supporters clubs and the fans. Grow it through social media and if the campaign gets big enough and loud enough then the MSM will report it and the PL and FA will feel the pressure to act.
Last edited by Retro Gunner on Mon May 20, 2024 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 4:40 pm
augie wrote:

Augie, I’m continuing our debate about City that we’ve had on the Everton thread over to this thread, as it’s the correct place. I’ll paste below a copy of my last post on the other thread.

As I’ve said augie, maybe some of the smaller club supporters won’t give a fuck (although I’m not so sure), but the other top 5 or 6 definitely will.

I agree that it shouldn’t be necessary for fans to highlight the injustice, but if the authorities and the MSM are doing enough, then it falls to the official supporters clubs and the fans. Grow it through social media and if the campaign gets big enough and load enough then the MSM will report it and the PL and FA will feel the pressure to act.
If Social Media is anything to go by I don't think they will give a shit. Chelsea, Tottenham, West Ham even Man Utd fans been proper ripping into Arsenal calling us bottlers. Yeah its banter and a wind up, but it would take a huge collective movement to start rocking the boat with CIty.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

As I mentioned on the other thread, the supporters of the big clubs showed what can be achieved when they opposed the Super League and the big clubs here and in Europe backtracked very quickly.

If the official supporters clubs for each team can get their heads together, then they can start an anti City corruption movement that will spread to the fans. Imagine the scenes wherever City play if there are banners calling them cheats and chants and songs about their corruption. It would be heard and seen on Sky, MOTD and wherever the games are beamed throughout the world. That will damage the brand more than finding City guilty, because it paints the authorities as weak and/or complicit.
They’d be forced to act if the outrage became that virulent and toxic.

My concern with our own official supporters club is that they’re too supine and afraid to cause waves. I was involved in conversations with them during the Kroenke Out campaign and there are lines that they won’t cross…and I don’t mean particularly radical lines. They meet with the club and it seems that they’re afraid to queer their pitch.

I suspect that the scouse and Utd suppporters clubs would be more militant.

Anyway, no harm can come of supporter protest.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 4:44 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 4:40 pm
augie wrote:

I agree that it shouldn’t be necessary for fans to highlight the injustice, but if the authorities and the MSM are doing enough, then it falls to the official supporters clubs and the fans. Grow it through social media and if the campaign gets big enough and load enough then the MSM will report it and the PL and FA will feel the pressure to act.
If Social Media is anything to go by I don't think they will give a shit. Chelsea, Tottenham, West Ham even Man Utd fans been proper ripping into Arsenal calling us bottlers. Yeah its banter and a wind up, but it would take a huge collective movement to start rocking the boat with CIty.

They’re calling us “bottlers”?? How do make that out? Isn’t our record over the last 18 games W 16, D 1, L 1 ?

I’d take that kind of bottling all day long. As you say, it’s a wind up, but embarrassing on their behalf.

Anyway, co-ordinated fan action can’t do any harm and if it was strident enough, would cause massive waves as it did for the Super League fiasco.

The big clubs have a vested interest in going after City and once the ball is rolling, the smaller teams will join in. If the same chants and songs about cheating and corruption are put in place by the fans of the big sides, then there’s no way that the crowd at the smaller clubs won’t use them when City turn up to play.

Nothing lost in trying this and the supporters clubs can be the catalyst.

augie

Post by augie »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 4:50 pm
As I mentioned on the other thread, the supporters of the big clubs showed what can be achieved when they opposed the Super League and the big clubs here and in Europe backtracked very quickly.

If the official supporters clubs for each team can get their heads together, then they can start an anti City corruption movement that will spread to the fans. Imagine the scenes wherever City play if there are banners calling them cheats and chants and songs about their corruption. It would be heard and seen on Sky, MOTD and wherever the games are beamed throughout the world. That will damage the brand more than finding City guilty, because it paints the authorities as weak and/or complicit.
They’d be forced to act if the outrage became that virulent and toxic.

My concern with our own official supporters club is that they’re too supine and afraid to cause waves. I was involved in conversations with them during the Kroenke Out campaign and there are lines that they won’t cross…and I don’t mean particularly radical lines. They meet with the club and it seems that they’re afraid to queer their pitch.

I suspect that the scouse and Utd suppporters clubs would be more militant.

Anyway, no harm can come of supporter protest.

Difference is mutual interest is what binded them together then, where as in this issue only one club can really benefit with citeeh properly punished

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I’ve been told City are now trying to do a deal with the Premier League. Premier League aren’t interested.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 7:27 pm
I’ve been told City are now trying to do a deal with the Premier League. Premier League aren’t interested.
Tells us everything we need to know. Also, telling that the manager has now started talking about leaving. He knows what's happening, he's as much part of it as anyone else and wants to get out before the bailiffs come in and start seizing things right in front of him.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 7:33 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 7:27 pm
Tells us everything we need to know. Also, telling that the manager has now started talking about leaving. He knows what's happening, he's as much part of it as anyone else and wants to get out before the bailiffs come in and start seizing things right in front of him.
Knock! Knock! Big double wooden Doors Open...to reveal Pep in his dressing gown and slippers...

Official Looking dude, with two very large SAS type chaps either side of him dressed in black with Rae ban glasses on, the official chap is holding a piece of paper "Mr Gaurdiola?"

Pep smiling "Si" !

"This is a warrant signed by Judge Fuck-Off and we've come to confiscate all the medals and personal awards awarded since you became manager of Man-fuckin'chester City"

With an astonished look on pep's mug, he stumbles backwards and shouts! "Christina!! CHRISTINA !!! Called da fucking lawyers Now!!!"

40 Minutes later: Official looking dude still flanked by the two fuck-off and die body guards... seen walking to a tinted windows Bentley on the gravelled drive.... With all the ribboned medals hanging around his neck and a clutch of Manager of The Month trophies in his arms (he is Smiling and Whistling a Happy tune) whilst Pep is on his haunches head in hands weeping like a fucking destroyed London Financier :D