Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 6:16 pm
What a shit fest of a club :lol:

I’m sure the next man in will have more success working with a 50 man squad on 10 year contracts :barscarf:
After that fat bastard and fatty Lampard, he'll have fucking nothing left in the catering budget.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 7:22 pm
rodders999 wrote:

I’m sure the next man in will have more success working with a 50 man squad on 10 year contracts :barscarf:
After that fat bastard and fatty Lampard, he'll have fucking nothing left in the catering budget.
Oh! I dunno I heard this guy was in the running:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

We should really remove the “this weekend” from the name of the thread, given the fact that this thread is not exclusive to weekend matches. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:58 pm
We should really remove the “this weekend” from the name of the thread, given the fact that this thread is not exclusive to weekend matches. :lol:
Your wish is my command! :lol:

Midz

Re: Other Matches Thread

Post by Midz »

Umm, what if the match is at the weekend? :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:

They are a proper shit fest, aren't they. They must've spent a tidy sum on paying managers off. whatever asshole they get next might even last a full season.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Kolasinac vs Xhaka in the Europa League Final.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 6:33 pm

I sometimes wonder if players like Kolasinac were actually better than we saw at the Arsenal. There have been quite a few like him over the last 15 years, players that turn up and look half decent to start with and then go into the downward spiral of injuries and losing form. I suspect it was connected to the toxic/entitled and lazy nature of the club that developed during Wenger's last 10 years and which did for Emery. In fairness to Arteta, he seems to have sorted that problem out.

By the way, Lookman is also at Atalanta. I thought he looked useful as a youngster at Everton, but it didn't come to much there or at Fulham. Bit like Lamptey at Brighton who looked really good early on.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:05 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 6:33 pm

I sometimes wonder if players like Kolasinac were actually better than we saw at the Arsenal. There have been quite a few like him over the last 15 years, players that turn up and look half decent to start with and then go into the downward spiral of injuries and losing form. I suspect it was connected to the toxic/entitled and lazy nature of the club that developed during Wenger's last 10 years and which did for Emery. In fairness to Arteta, he seems to have sorted that problem out.

By the way, Lookman is also at Atalanta. I thought he looked useful as a youngster at Everton, but it didn't come to much there or at Fulham. Bit like Lamptey at Brighton who looked really good early on.
Lookman looking razor sharp so far. Xhaka sloppily pissing away possession under no pressure for their first. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clive reverting to the form we knew him for; on-coming player moving towards the centre for a better sight of the goal and Clive turns his back and BOOM! The opposing striker scores!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cilve El Cunto I thought he'd become a new player since leaving us. :D

Come on Atlanta :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:32 pm
Clive reverting to the form we knew him for; on-coming player moving towards the centre for a better sight of the goal and Clive turns his back and BOOM! The opposing striker scores!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cilve El Cunto I thought he'd become a new player since leaving us. :D

Come on Atlanta :barscarf:
How come American sides are allowed in? :lol:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

From the local oirish coverage of the match

"Atalanta 2-0 Bayer Leverkusen

45+1 mins Xhaka hits a shot from 30-yards out and it's has to be very special to beat the goalkeeper from there. It's not, and the ball drifts harmlessly wide."

:D some things dont change

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 2:51 pm
Umm, what if the match is at the weekend? :D
We're fucked. :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xgtdec wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:50 pm
From the local oirish coverage of the match

"Atalanta 2-0 Bayer Leverkusen

45+1 mins Xhaka hits a shot from 30-yards out and it's has to be very special to beat the goalkeeper from there. It's not, and the ball drifts harmlessly wide."

:D some things dont change
:lol:

Lobotomy Clive Xhakatard. The ubermong. The race card dropping, blame dodging, diving, cowardly, bag of shit with the premier league record for the most mistakes directly leading to goals being conceded. And we had wánker fans all over twatter hailing him as "a leader" at Arsenal. How very fucking embarrassing. Without doubt Lobotomy Clive was the shittest, dumbest fucking empty headed idiotic fucking moron that ever stained our jersey. To wit, a cùnt. :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

xhaka is STILL a useless whinging c.unt :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: