Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Other Matches Thread

Post by rodders999 »

Leverkusen have been absolutely destroyed all over the pitch tonight. They haven’t had a second on the ball, Atalanta have terrorised them.

Their right full has been Chambers’d by Lookman.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Xhakunt absolutely stinking the place out and hoofing Hollywood balls to no one.

Saw the old fall and hold onto the ball trick by him at some point.

augie

Post by augie »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 8:57 pm
Xhakunt absolutely stinking the place out and hoofing Hollywood balls to no one.

Saw the old fall and hold onto the ball trick by him at some point.

And then laughing and joking when getting his medal as though he hadnt been absolutely dogshite throughout the game :roll: Seen that reaction before :censored: :censored: :censored:

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 8:37 pm
Leverkusen have been absolutely destroyed all over the pitch tonight. They haven’t had a second on the ball, Atalanta have terrorised them.

Their right full has been Chambers’d by Lookman.
The bloke you're talking about, his name sounds like cream soda, was so shit against the shammers he was hooked after 30 minutes

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Leverkusen haven’t impressed me in any game I have seen them in. The Bundesliga must be toilet. :throne:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Bayern looking to bring in the man who lead one of the skidmark 3 to relegation.

Kane must be delight :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

It's May so I dont really give a flying fcuk about this yet but I know some will

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/28089444 ... pa-league/

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 8:18 pm
xhaka is STILL a useless whinging c.unt :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Always has been, always will be. :censored:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

augie wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 4:23 pm
It's May so I dont really give a flying fcuk about this yet but I know some will

Don't mind a 'horror' draw, to be honest. If we're serious about improving then we'll only do it by having to face tough competition. Facing teams like Shakatar Donnakebab or AZ Auntyuncle are neither thrilling or worthwhile games.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 10:21 pm
augie wrote:

Don't mind a 'horror' draw, to be honest. If we're serious about improving then we'll only do it by having to face tough competition. Facing teams like Shakatar Donnakebab or AZ Auntyuncle are neither thrilling or worthwhile games.
Ha ha - :lol:
In the new format there is NO horror draw.
We only have to finish in the top 24 (out of 36 teams ) to qualify for the knock out stages

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 8:29 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 10:21 pm
augie wrote:

Ha ha - :lol:
In the new format there is NO horror draw.
We only have to finish in the top 24 (out of 36 teams ) to qualify for the knock out stages
:coffeespit:

Just think Rob, if we are lucky, two or three years from now, we might only need to finish in the top 48 out of 72 teams. :shock:

That's the dream anyway. :lol: :wink:

The game is dying, it's limping on broken legs, it's like some old skank prostitute that's just taken a 30 man gangbang and to try make her feel better another 40 blokes just piled into her. :mrgreen:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Obviously, none of us could care less about the result of the FA Cup Final this afternoon (although it would be nice if Utd stayed behind us in total number of wins).

Be that as it may, please please turn on your telly (even if you don't watch it) from 3pm today and show the TV people that normal people want a 3pm kick off.

Somehow it's back this year instead of 5.30pm or something equally stupid. It's the traditional time and if there's one thing that the FA Cup means (and the journalists always bang on about) it's tradition.

Turn on your telly and tell your friends!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Andrew wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 12:11 pm
Obviously, none of us could care less about the result of the FA Cup Final this afternoon (although it would be nice if Utd stayed behind us in total number of wins).

Be that as it may, please please turn on your telly (even if you don't watch it) from 3pm today and show the TV people that normal people want a 3pm kick off.

Somehow it's back this year instead of 5.30pm or something equally stupid. It's the traditional time and if there's one thing that the FA Cup means (and the journalists always bang on about) it's tradition.

Couldn’t agree more!
The sun is shining, it’s a 3pm kick off and the league season finished last week.
Today actually feels like Cup Final Day!

Sadly it will probably never happen like this again so make the most of it.
From next year will be back to the 5.30pm kick off, the final will be just another match taking place over a PL weekend. Today will be the last true Cup Final.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Andrew wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 12:11 pm

Put your telly on and put it in black and white and don't watch it and we can go back to the 1950s. Or just put the radio on and not listen to it and we can send them a message that we want to go back to 1914.

EssexGooner1981

Post by EssexGooner1981 »

Rooney looking more and more like a face drawn on a big toe.

And incredible to imagine that 90,000 Londoners have descended upon Wembley to enjoy the match.