Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: Other Matches Thread

Post by Midz »

Not glad Utd won the FA Cup, just pleased Cheaty didn't.

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

augie wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 4:22 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 4:19 pm
Ten Haag now has more trophies with United than Arteta has with Arsenal :oops:

The "arteta is an elite coach" gang will be frothing from the mouth at that comment :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not really. Arteta did in his first 6 months what ETH has taken 2 years to do.
Finish 8th and win the fa cup.

Seriously, though this shows how crap the fa cup is now regarded. Really sad about that.
ETH might/will get sacked after winning it.
35 years ago it saved Fergie.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Come on you Saints :barscarf: :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Back in the day of the old First Division, both Leeds & Southampton were regular members.
It's funny how you remember these facts. I was at school when Leeds went on an unbeaten run at the start of a season and I remember a few years later when Southampton beat Man Utd in the FA Cup final. Memories, eh. :D

I don't particularly like or dislike either team although if I had to pick a worst one it'd be Leeds as they were the more successful of the two.

Anyway, good luck and fuck 'em both. :D

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Midz wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 3:16 pm
Back in the day of the old First Division, both Leeds & Southampton were regular members.
It's funny how you remember these facts. I was at school when Leeds went on an unbeaten run at the start of a season and I remember a few years later when Southampton beat Man Utd in the FA Cup final. Memories, eh. :D

I don't particularly like or dislike either team although if I had to pick a worst one it'd be Leeds as they were the more successful of the two.

Yeah both for me, should be in the premier league historically / traditionally it’s the likes of Bolton / Birmingham / Oldham I don’t want back.
Portsmouth and Derby in place of Bournemouth and Brentford too

augie

Post by augie »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 3:45 pm
Midz wrote:

Yeah both for me, should be in the premier league historically / traditionally it’s the likes of Bolton / Birmingham / Oldham I don’t want back.

Pompey ?? What tradition have they got ? Prior to the tax dodging twitcher and his crooked pal mandoric, I cant remember when they were last up :? They are a small shithouse club that are nowhere near premier league club

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Never liked Southampton. Not sure why, to be honest.

Would have rather Leeds gone to, it’s better to beat a scum team than a no mark one. Either way…

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

augie wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:05 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Midz wrote:

Pompey ?? What tradition have they got ? Prior to the tax dodging twitcher and his crooked pal mandoric, I cant remember when they were last up :? They are a small shithouse club that are nowhere near premier league club
Never had a problem with Portsmouth, as football club. Loyal fan base, not generally known to be cûnts etc. I’d rather them than the usual Crystal Palace/Fulham/West Ham/Southampton etc no mark lot.
Plus, our boys Kanu and Lauren did well there, so no complaints from me.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Fuck off, Leeds. Staying where you belong for at least another season. Fucking cesspit of a place with cûnt supporters.

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:11 pm
augie wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Midz wrote:

Never had a problem with Portsmouth, as football club. Loyal fan base, not generally known to be cûnts etc. I’d rather them than the usual Crystal Palace/Fulham/West Ham/Southampton etc no mark lot.

And I dont have an issue with them per se either, but fratton park is a shithole and the club itself has no pedigree or tradition, and thats the point I was making

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:15 pm
Fuck off, Leeds. Staying where you belong for at least another season. Fucking cesspit of a place with cûnt supporters.
:high5: Dirty Dirty Leeds :cussing:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Leeds are *word censored* so fuckum :barscarf: But those Soton arsepieces have burst our beeks a few times in recent years :cry: whereas we've stoved the hole out of Leeds almost every time we've played them..Fuck it Soton it is though.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 5:08 pm
Leeds are *word censored* so fuckum :barscarf: But those Soton arsepieces have burst our beeks a few times in recent years :cry: whereas we've stoved the hole out of Leeds almost every time we've played them..Fuck it Soton it is though.
So, Cheaty's last three games next season then will be home to Leicester, away to Southampton and home to Ipswich. Good to see that finalised then.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

augie wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:16 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:11 pm
augie wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Midz wrote:

And I dont have an issue with them per se either, but fratton park is a shithole and the club itself has no pedigree or tradition, and thats the point I was making
I don’t know their history apart from the FA cup win, fair point about the ground, maybe I have a soft spot for them due to the respect they showed when we thumped them 5-1 in the cup when they applauded us.

Sol played there too, Merse as well I recall

Anyhoo they ain’t going up any time soon

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Carabao Cup will use seeding system to keep big clubs apart next season

✍️ @Tom_Morgs & @ben_rumsby

#TelegraphFootball