ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 8:50 am
Talks scheduled between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe to decide on his future. They will take place imminently.

Smith Rowe has a deep affection for Arsenal, but getting regular game time now key to the 23-year-old.
It would be criminal to let ESR go. He is an outstanding talent that just needs game time. I honestly think we will regret selling him for years to come if we do. He is the most naturally gifted player we've brought through since probably Merson tbh. Hoping something can be worked out and he stays and Arteta pulls his head out of his ass and plays the guy.

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 9:11 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Talks scheduled between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe to decide on his future. They will take place imminently.

Smith Rowe has a deep affection for Arsenal, but getting regular game time now key to the 23-year-old.
It would be criminal to let ESR go. He is an outstanding talent that just needs game time. I honestly think we will regret selling him for years to come if we do. He is the most naturally gifted player we've brought through since probably Merson tbh. Hoping something can be worked out and he stays and Arteta pulls his head out of his ass and plays the guy.
I wouldn't like to see him go but for me what would be worse is if he is convinced to stay and then does still not get game time. That's classic Wenger, don't really want him but scared he'll succeed somewhere else. Play him or release him. Tbh I cannot see Arteta playing him........he wouldn't have brought in Viera and Jorginho if he intended to.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 3:12 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

I wouldn't like to see him go but for me what would be worse is if he is convinced to stay and then does still not get game time. That's classic Wenger, don't really want him but scared he'll succeed somewhere else. Play him or release him. Tbh I cannot see Arteta playing him........he wouldn't have brought in Viera and Jorginho if he intended to.
Jorginho?!

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Understand Arteta and Rashford have spoken in recent weeks. Interest on both sides but remains to be seen how willing United would be to sell to us. Can’t see it happening personally, but would absolutely love him at Arsenal. - @AFCamden (an, often wrong, attention seeking ‘itk’….wait :rubchin:)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 12:19 pm
Understand Arteta and Rashford have spoken in recent weeks. Interest on both sides but remains to be seen how willing United would be to sell to us. Can’t see it happening personally, but would absolutely love him at Arsenal. - @AFCamden (an, often wrong, attention seeking ‘itk’….wait :rubchin:)
Saw tht myself, but even I couldn't post that on here :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Mikel Arteta is considering selling £35m midfielder Fábio Vieira this summer after becoming concerned at his performance in Arsenal training sessions.

(Source: @TheAthleticFC)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 12:47 pm
🚨 Mikel Arteta is considering selling £35m midfielder Fábio Vieira this summer after becoming concerned at his performance in Arsenal training sessions.

:coffeespit:

Anyone want to take this one? Anyone? Just me?

Just at training sessions?! :shock:

Has he seen how fucking shit he is in matches?! :banghead: :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 3:11 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Matches :rubchin: fuckers built the a match ffs :lol: Skinny useless arsepiece :oops:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 9:03 pm
EC1 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 7:44 pm
Seems harsh to me slagging him.

Partey has been injured a lot, sure wasn’t out of choice.

Good luck to him and for a period of time he was up there with the best in the league for his position.
Sorry, which weekend was that? :rubchin:

:lol: :wink:

Tbh I thought he looked great at first. Kinda reminded me of Vieira (the real one!) in the way he moved. But then all too soon he just seemed to make mistake after mistake in every game and every shot ended up in the car park.... :|

....and then he kinda got good again for a bit....

But ultimately I think he's not good enough, just too lazy and casual with losing possession.

I also feel he has a limiting effect on Rice.

We can and should look to do better than Partey but yeah I've no ill will towards him really.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Should have jettisoned this bloke at least a year ago. Regardless of injuries he was always underwhelming. I knew nothing about him when we signed him, but loads of Arsenal supporters were cheering from the rafters.

Other than the odd game, or at the very most, the odd very short spell, he’s been bang average at best and often not that good imo. Offers fuck all creatively and can be a half asleep liability defensively, so what’s the fucking point?! Doesn’t strike me as too bright tbh.

We need far better in centre mid.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 3:12 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Exactly this. I’ve been saying for 2 years that the boy needs to leave to save his career. I hope it’s not already too late. I fully agree with DB that he’s the best talent we’ve brought through in a couple of generations, but Arteta has always seemed to have a problem with him.

He’ll never get more game time than he’s had so far and when you’ve been behind the likes of Xhaka, Vieira, Partey and even Elneny in the manager’s opinion, then it’s best to jump ship.

I’ve got no problem if we live to regret it (which I think we will) because I’d like the boy to have the kind of career I think he’s capable of.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 3:11 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Training sessions. :lol: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Newcastle United have reportedly cooled their interest in Aaron Ramsdale as they deem Arsenal’s asking price of £30m too much. 💰

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 3:43 pm
🚨 Newcastle United have reportedly cooled their interest in Aaron Ramsdale as they deem Arsenal’s asking price of £30m too much. 💰
Isn’t that 5 million less than we paid for him? Keep him as sub if nobody wants to pay it. Easy

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Dear Newcastle Utd,

Please fuck right off!

Thank you.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Kingralph wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 3:56 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Isn’t that 5 million less than we paid for him? Keep him as sub if nobody wants to pay it. Easy

Apparently we paid up to 30m for him,so obviously we're looking to recoup the money 💰