Who is best for Arsenal?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

If a takeover is about to happen who would you rather Stan Kroenke or Bernie Ecclestone or someone else?

Stan Kroenke
53%
Bernie Ecclestone
12%
Current Board
12%
Current Board
12%
Other
12%

Total votes: 17

All_Arsenal_1886

Who is best for Arsenal?

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

Who would be best for Arsenal Mr Kroenke, Mr Ecclesstone or the Current board?

I know the Bernie story could be a load of bullshite but just for the sake of this poll who do you think is best.

Oh i think the queen should buy Arsenal :lol: after all she is a gooner 8)

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

I would like to say Kroenke because the game is moving on fast, even mid table clubs are being taken over by Foreign investment, we've seen with Liverpool this summer the influcks of players they have brought in, Wenger will probally not use all the money available to him but at least it gives the fans some reasurrance that we have got it if we need it.

Stan Kroenke has already been at the club giving Cesc his award, third one down on the left. lol.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... ters+Clubs[/img]

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

That Russian bloke that Putin is trying to get extradited/assasinated is a self-confessed gooner and a multi Billionaire to boot!! He would surely be a better option than either Bernie 'the Chav' Ecclestone or Slient 'coz I ain't really all that rich' Stan Kroenke?

Problem is, does he want to invest in Arsenal and if so, would he stay alive long enough for us to benefit from it? :roll: :lol:

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

problem with that is that putin want's to extradite/assasinate him, don't want our new owner taking a polonium meal now, do we?

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Yes have thought about him before too but think he has other things on his mind at the mo!

I said other as I'd like to buy the club and if i did it would mean i'm stinking rich so winner all round.

I'd obviously invite all you guys on the board too. Well maybe not all of you so you better be nice to me! Now who's power crazy!!

RaM

Post by RaM »

I said Stan, because if we are gonna be bought, I'd rather him than Bernie, about whom I have heard nothing good other than the amount in his bank account.

The current board is doing ok though, so the only reason to change imho is for money.

As for Chopper taking over, i'd be happy with that. :lol:

delgooner

Post by delgooner »

Call me an old fart, but I wouldnt like to see either of them take over the Arse. To me they are just not ARSENAL people. There's only one reason that Silent Stan wants to get in on the action and thats money. Does he come and watch home games? I dont know. Is he a big fan of Arsenal? I dont know. Perhaps he's trying to outdo his missus who's the Walmart heiress. I wonder if the yanks are trying to get in over here cos the japs have bought over everything in the good old US of A. Im suprised that Sony havent made inward tracks over here for a football club. As for Bernie? how come he's suddenly come on the scene. I dont know anything about his love of the Arse so I wouldnt want him either.
I know the current board are not everybody's flavour of the month, but they do things different to Manure, Chel$shite and the Mickey Mousers whereas you get loads of crap coming out from these and they love the high profile they get - doesnt make them play any better just sells more merchandise. At least with PHW either you love him or hate him but he is Arsenal and if I was him I wouldnt want anybody taking over after the board have got the new stadium built, the best manager in the world and the best football in Europe being played.

Having loads of dosh wont change La Boss's way of buying, its not his way, unless there is a real exceptional player he likes. And Im sure if he wanted a certain player that the Arse have the money to get him. I personally dont think we are being left behind lets hope we have a better start than last season and we see off the lesser teams as I know we can do.

HEY CES, WHATS IN YOUR MOBILE!!! PICS OF MRS TWEEDY OR MRS HENRY?

JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

delgooner wrote:Call me an old fart, but I wouldnt like to see either of them take over the Arse. To me they are just not ARSENAL people. There's only one reason that Silent Stan wants to get in on the action and thats money. Does he come and watch home games? I dont know. Is he a big fan of Arsenal? I dont know. Perhaps he's trying to outdo his missus who's the Walmart heiress. I wonder if the yanks are trying to get in over here cos the japs have bought over everything in the good old US of A. Im suprised that Sony havent made inward tracks over here for a football club. As for Bernie? how come he's suddenly come on the scene. I dont know anything about his love of the Arse so I wouldnt want him either.
I know the current board are not everybody's flavour of the month, but they do things different to Manure, Chel$shite and the Mickey Mousers whereas you get loads of crap coming out from these and they love the high profile they get - doesnt make them play any better just sells more merchandise. At least with PHW either you love him or hate him but he is Arsenal and if I was him I wouldnt want anybody taking over after the board have got the new stadium built, the best manager in the world and the best football in Europe being played.

Having loads of dosh wont change La Boss's way of buying, its not his way, unless there is a real exceptional player he likes. And Im sure if he wanted a certain player that the Arse have the money to get him. I personally dont think we are being left behind lets hope we have a better start than last season and we see off the lesser teams as I know we can do.

HEY CES, WHATS IN YOUR MOBILE!!! PICS OF MRS TWEEDY OR MRS HENRY?
I coudn't agree more....we are yet to see the long term effect of all these take overs. It seems like more or less all clubs will be taken over by these businessmen now and the fact is that only 1 or 2 clubs can be really succesful and are these people really gonna hang around if they don't get what they want from the club after a few years time or just sell it on to somebody else? As long as we got AW we don't need more money than we have, we've been punching above out weight for the last 10 years, and in a few years time when Glazers, Gillett and all teh others don't think they can milk anything more out of the "cows" then we'll see where it leaves them.

augie

Post by augie »

I'm firmly in the DD/Kroenke camp me. People keep knocking stan saying he is not an arsenal man but DD def is and he would be the man running our club should such a takeover happen. Anyway what the f*ck is an Arsenal type of person ? Is lady nina bracewell smith ? Is danny fizman ? The former inherited her shares while the latter bought shares as an investment in the club at the request of DD some years ago. It's getting close to the stage now where I just will not want to hear, read or see anymore crap about potential takeovers unless something actually is happening (as opposed to specualtion). Please please DD make your move soon and if you are as shrewd as I think you are then try to keep the fans informed at all stages of what is going on because at the end of the day the support or opposition of the fans will play a big big part in whether your takeover goes through.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Thanks Ram, don't worry i'd be in for the long haul and would give AW whatever he wants (money wise! - could see ECD's light up with a bit of innuendo there).

Plus if Reyes came back and i couldn't sell him, i'd get him going round the stands selling peanuts like the good old days. Maybe get him wearing some really camp uniform just to make a point. But i'm not cruel i'd give him an umbrella and a hot water bottleso he didn't get wet or cold.

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Looks like David D is in both camps! His lad is dating BE'S girl and he has been linked to Stan for a long time according to stories. How can he keep a foot in both camps or is he trying to bring them both together in a dual takeover?

Mr F1 is clearly the richer of the two and of course is NOT a foreigner so is he the dream ticket! It is clear to me that Wenger is playing a waiting game with no big signings or no pen to paper on a contract extension so he must be well aware DD is going to be back with some sort of sugar daddy.

How will Stan feel now that DD is courting Bernie and will that cause a rift in their relationship!? Too many questions and no answers at all right now!!!! I might just favour BE simply because he has more dosh and wont keep calling us a soccer team :!:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

It now looks like DD.Stan and Bernie could now be joining forces if this is true they look unstopable.Remember the current board said nothing would happen for 12 months.Things change very quickly in football.And everyone has his price.

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

You are spot on Donaldo, money talks my friend! Tabloids now running with dual takeover bid.

REB

Post by REB »

arsenal board are only waiting till nxt summer so they get better price,, 2 be honest i hope dd wit stan take over and dont believe shit bout berni,, guy has no interest in arsenal and he said so in his interview, all he said was he,s always lookin 4 good investment and that arsenal looked good but never said he wanted 2 buy,,

WalcottSignedMyShirt

Post by WalcottSignedMyShirt »

I would like to keep Arsenal owned / run by arsenal fans.

but the thing that worries me is that with all this investment, is that the Prem looks dangerous next season, every team even the little clubs have players that can do something special and force a draw instead of loosing.

I was watching sky sports news where they flick through the "ins" and "outs" of transfers so far for each team, Liverpools "ins" had to spread over two pages.

I think with calvin kline pants gone, we need a good winger in although he looked a slow last season freddy was dangerous in every season prior, we need someone to pull defenders about, and create space, like we had with Pires and Overmars before him, and to certain extent Reyes, who used to pick the ball up wide and hit that lofted cross field pass to TH. If only he was not such a baby!

Unless theo can do the job we need to £10M in a good winger, left or right.