Support Arsenal or GET OUT!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rilub

Support Arsenal or GET OUT!!

Post by rilub »

It is quite simple - what we should all do is turn up at the game against Fenerbahce and support the team as much as we would if we were in the middle of the Unbeaten Season.

That is what support means, and for anyone who thinks it is clever or good to start moaning at the team, or booing if things don’t go well on Wednesday night, then the one thing that person is not, is an Arsenal fan.

Maybe its the fact that I started supporting Arsenal in 1956 when Tottenham were not a fantasy outfit but were actually top of the league and playing much the better football. I had to live with years of no championships and no cups. Later there were the long boring years of Mersey domination and I had to put up with that.

But I still supported the team, whoever the manager put out.

We have no absolute right to win things. Of course different decisions could have meant different results, and we are living through one of those rare spells where the Lord Wenger looks like he is getting it wrong.

But reading some of the blogs it looks to me as if the writers have forgotten that our manager was sacked by Monaco for not being consistent enough, just as they are forgetting those 3 years when we came second to Manchester Bankrupt year on year and there looked to be no way through.

Wenger is a genius, but he does not deliver the championship year after year. If that is what you want, go to Scotland and support Celtic, and then when they slip for a while, move across to Rangers.

For Arsenal fans this is a frustrating and tough time - losing to Stoke, Fulham and Hull, but there is only one response for us, and that is to support the team even more. To be there on Wednesday and again on Saturday, and to keep on and on supporting the club, knowing that it will come right.

As I have said so often, if you were not at the match before the start of the 49 unbeaten run, you don’t know what depression about Arsenal is all about. It was awful. The feeling for that first game of the 49 - the home victory against Southampton - was so bad that on the walk up to Highbury from Finsbury Park you could buy best seat tickets from the touts for £20 - and even then they couldn’t sell them.

Of course the players have a duty to us, because we pay their wages. But because we have chosen to give our lifetime support to Arsenal, we have a duty to the club, and that is to be there, and to give the players that the manager chooses to send out, our total and unconditional support.

That is what it means to be part of Arsenal. Unconditional support. Nothing less.

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

and what site is this pasted from ? :roll:

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

NBM

Post by NBM »

Lots of cutting and pasting going on these days..........

It's now as easy to open a lap dancing club as it is a coffee shop, in large parts of Britain. But there are growing objections among residents and women's rights campaigners..........................

ahem..... :oops: :wink: :lol:

Rob

Post by Rob »

Firstly, I'm impressed that you've been supporting Arsneal for 10 years longer than I have ! :barscarf:

But I don't accept some of your other points.

Whether Wenger is or is not a 'genius' is questionable. What is not in dispute that his 'genius touch' - if he so possesses it, has deserted him the last three years.

I don't think any of us feel that we have a divine right to win anything but that argument is a smokescreen.

The anger and hostility felt on here is anger directed rightly at the Manager for his insane refusal to strenthen our squad, when key and experienced players leave. Coupled with his blatently false and patronising miss-statements about this being the best squad of players he's ever had. All evidence shows this not to be so.

I have never actually bood an Arsenal player and still won't. But I do understand the gut feelings of anger at players who demonstably don't try. That is the worse crime bar none and always has been.

The difference is that when you and I started watching football, the players whilst hardly paupers, were on a credible salary level that was not demonstably off the planet as far as most supporters were concerned.

Today players from all teams come over as greedy, selfish, arrogant bores, interested in their own pockets and milking the clubs and therfore the fans for all they can get, whilst putting - in some cases - the minimum effort in.

Under such circumstances I can fully see why Gooners forking out a small fortune - to them - to go up to Stoke and be presented with that dross, vented their feelings.

Support is not unconditional, least of all when we are forking out one, two, or three thousand pounds, to watch these chancers; as opposed to turning up on the day and paying £2.

Like you I will be behind the team on Wednesday and Saturday but this club and it's Manager have an awful lot of soul searching to do.

Bluntly, I think Wenger has lost the dressing room and the players respond - or don't respond - accordingly.

The next month will see if that is so.

Calo

Re: Support Arsenal or GET OUT!!

Post by Calo »

We have no absolute right to win things. Of course different decisions could have meant different results, and we are living through one of those rare spells where the Lord Wenger looks like he is getting it wrong.

i woundnt call it RARE

when was the last trophy again?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Bluntly, I think Wenger has lost the dressing room and the players respond - or don't respond - accordingly.

Interesting statement...That may explain Gallas and Adebayors recent remarks...along the lines "were not good enough for the PL"

Anyway not much of a dressing room left...Walcott out TILL JANUARY Adebayor injured and RVP banned......Bejesus Manu on Saturday... :shock:

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

walcott out till january ? :? :shock:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Yes !!!!

Calo

Post by Calo »

thats a big shame I really think hes our miost impoved palyer

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

Allgunsblazin wrote:Yes !!!!
source ?

rilub

Post by rilub »

wenger seems to think its ok everytime we win but the dunce needs to get it consistent to ever mount a title challenge or he needs to go at the end of the season- his inability to sign a player is just pure stupidity and then he says the team is already jaded-well duhhh what you expecting mate!

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Rob wrote:Bluntly, I think Wenger has lost the dressing room...

Spot on mate, honestly that right there is my biggest concern of all.

To a certain degree I’m more forgiving of the fact that we didn’t buy in the transfer window simply because as much as we’re told there’s x-amount of money to spend personally I think Wenger’s hands are much more tied behind his back financially than we’re being led to believe, and by all accounts he did try to buy both Alonso and Yaya Toure, which means he must have recognised our need in that department no matter what he says publicly.

But that doesn’t change the fact that for over a third of our league games so far (not even including Spudgate) he’s completely failed to motivate his team enough to even show up! When it happened against Fulham it was bad enough but every team has those days at some point. But for it to happen barely a few weeks later against Hull when we were told we’d learned our lesson and Wenger had been “as angry as he’d ever beenâ€

digger

Post by digger »

Fuck, Walcott out till Jan.

4th place just got a whole lot more difficult.

Our midfield is back to Eboue and Diaby on the wings.

Double fuck.

REB

Post by REB »

the headline says support arsenal or get out, then you start another thread moaning about almunia,the defence a lack of defensive midfielders and moan about wenger not buying ashley young :?

you want to make your mind up :shock: