Has anyone ever sneaked into Ashburton Grove without paying?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

Calo wrote:
All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:I often see 2 or 3 kids sneak in on one membership.
Ive got in on a kids ticket a few times.
i dont think can be right

its seats now

and full up
Trust me, younsters will and do go in 2 or 3 at a time.

leedsgooner

Post by leedsgooner »

i was brought up on no-league football (halifax town) so always got in gmaes for free. used to be a ball boy and saved them from relegation one season by setting up a goal on the break...unsung hero!

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Calo wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:I knew a bloke that had an "arrangement" with a turnstile operator in the NB. We'd pay £20 and he'd hand us a piece of card same size as a ticket. We'd hand that to the operator and he'd let us in. Then we'd head for the seats at the edge of the NB lower, over beside the East stand and grab the vacant ones... did it probably 3 or 4 times when tickets were hard to get... :?
im very sad that you was invloved with thsi type of crime activity
:oops: :oops: :oops: ]
I think yopu should do the right thing and hand yourself into the police station -
And I think you should go fuck yourself. :wink:

Calo

Post by Calo »

leedsgooner wrote:i was brought up on no-league football (halifax town) so always got in gmaes for free. used to be a ball boy and saved them from relegation one season by setting up a goal on the break...unsung hero!
people like you caused Leeds to go in adminstration

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Calo wrote:
leedsgooner wrote:i was brought up on no-league football (halifax town) so always got in gmaes for free. used to be a ball boy and saved them from relegation one season by setting up a goal on the break...unsung hero!
people like you caused Leeds to go in adminstration
WTF? He was talking about Halifax Town, where you DON'T HAVE TO PAY.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Amazing all the stories on here, part of football folklore.

The clubs knew that the turnstile guys at most clubs had their own racket, and it came to light in the 80's and early 90's when there were tax discrepancies on gate receipts and stories of the turnstiles being wound back to fix the attendance count etc.

For the best that club manages to make most pay though considering gate receipts form about 45% of revenue; understandable when kids sneak in as they probably don't have the money anyway (I know I was broke the time I walked in for free) but it is a wrong 'un to only sneak in and never try to pay and claim you are a proper supporter, if it leads to a Hillsborough situation it is simply dangerous.